Time to Split Dublin

Started by Dont Matter, September 22, 2013, 05:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is it right that Dublin got 7 million to implement a plan to dominate the GAA World?

Yes
42 (29%)
No
103 (71%)

Total Members Voted: 145

imtommygunn

Quote from: Dont Matter on July 27, 2014, 11:22:00 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 27, 2014, 10:56:56 AM
Who will initiate the split??

Dubl$n are happy to be bought titles by everyone else so it has to be initiated by other counties. A lot of people are unaware of the level of money Dubl$n have at their disposal at all levels, when they learn about it the split will come soon after.

How will they learn this though?? I would put the odds on dublin splitting up there with lottery winning odds.

Dont Matter

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 27, 2014, 12:06:16 PM
How will they learn this though?? I would put the odds on dublin splitting up there with lottery winning odds.

I know it'll be difficult with the Dubl$n controlled media never mentioning it. The more titles Dubl$n win brings the greater chance of them being split. 26 titles since 2009 and counting, I think if they buy a hurling All Ireland people will start asking more questions.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

imtommygunn

When do you think this split will happen? This decade? Next decade?

They won't win a hurling all ireland for a good while.Last year best chance and now kilkenny wounded and a young cork team a year better. Don't think it's in that team.

INDIANA

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 27, 2014, 12:06:16 PM
Quote from: Dont Matter on July 27, 2014, 11:22:00 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 27, 2014, 10:56:56 AM
Who will initiate the split??

Dubl$n are happy to be bought titles by everyone else so it has to be initiated by other counties. A lot of people are unaware of the level of money Dubl$n have at their disposal at all levels, when they learn about it the split will come soon after.

I wouldn't even have the odds as low as that. Up there with seeing dinosaurs again. You'll see Dont Matter on that back of a T-Rex

Dont Matter

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 27, 2014, 12:16:01 PM

They won't win a hurling all ireland for a good while.Last year best chance and now kilkenny wounded and a young cork team a year better. Don't think it's in that team.

This decade I think. The Dubs will be celebrating their bought titles but at the same time they'll be thinking that every title is one step closer to the split. What's the alternative? Just let a team win everything on the back of all of our money?
Peter Quinn

Dont Matter

Quote from: INDIANA on July 27, 2014, 12:21:29 PM
I wouldn't even have the odds as low as that. Up there with seeing dinosaurs again. You'll see Dont Matter on that back of a T-Rex

Have you no shame? You've been made a show of on this thread but you still continue to post your nonsense.  ;D
Peter Quinn

BallyhaiseMan

Honestly, Don't Matter, you've made your point on this thread multiple times and almost the entirety of us including the Dubs agree that the funding inequality in Games Development has to be dealt with.
There is no need to constantly attack Dublin and their achievements over the last 10-12 years just to try get a rise from them.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Dont Matter on July 27, 2014, 12:53:45 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 27, 2014, 12:16:01 PM

This decade I think. The Dubs will be celebrating their bought titles but at the same time they'll be thinking that every title is one step closer to the split. What's the alternative? Just let a team win everything on the back of all of our money?

They've won 2 all Ireland's from 4. Not dominance yet. No more dominant than Kerry and Tyrone in the noughties.

That is yet mind you but talk of dominance is a bit premature. League, Leinster and ai different ball games.

Dominance also comes in cycles so if they dominate for a bit who's to say that won't stop? Underage success no guarantee of senior success.

Drummerboy

I really don't get it. As someone who has a family member on a development squad in Dublin, I don't think they are treated any differently than kids from other counties. They train a couple of times a week. They parents pay for all the transport costs. All they get is a bit of training gear, nothing else. Clubs in Dublin have GPO, half of which is paid for by the club. There are plenty of clubs in Dublin who are still under severe financial strain. What the Dublin County Board hasn't done yet, is built a training complex like many other counties. While I have visited these academies in Louth and Newbridge, they are fine establishments but is it really necessary to have buildings as big as the Shelbourne Hotel. Dublin development squads depend of the generousity of the local clubs for training facilities. I know that there are plans for Abbotstown, which Dublin will pay 2million towards, and it will be open to everyone.

As regards the population theory, while it is an advantage, there are huge swathes of Dublin where GAA is very much a minority sport.

Dont Matter

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on July 27, 2014, 01:29:15 PM
Honestly, Don't Matter, you've made your point on this thread multiple times and almost the entirety of us including the Dubs agree that the funding inequality in Games Development has to be dealt with.
There is no need to constantly attack Dublin and their achievements over the last 10-12 years just to try get a rise from them.

Oh the Dubs see nothing wrong with cheating so I don't know where that comment is coming from.
Peter Quinn

Dont Matter

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 27, 2014, 02:03:43 PM
They've won 2 all Ireland's from 4. Not dominance yet. No more dominant than Kerry and Tyrone in the noughties.

That is yet mind you but talk of dominance is a bit premature. League, Leinster and ai different ball games.

Dominance also comes in cycles so if they dominate for a bit who's to say that won't stop? Underage success no guarantee of senior success.

They've won 26 titles since 2009. Millions pumped into underage plus millions pumped into senior is as close to guaranteeing success as you get especially when you add on the home advantage etc.
Peter Quinn

imtommygunn

Underage means nothing yet. As today again proved they're quite a way off in the hurling too.

Why do you have such a bee in your bonnet? Apart from home advantage what started you looking at finance? I'm intrigued as to exactly what your beef here is and why you're so incessant.

You seem very passionate about it. If you see it as such an injustice why not do something about it??

Dont Matter

Quote from: Drummerboy on July 27, 2014, 02:54:34 PM
I really don't get it. As someone who has a family member on a development squad in Dublin, I don't think they are treated any differently than kids from other counties. They train a couple of times a week. They parents pay for all the transport costs. All they get is a bit of training gear, nothing else. Clubs in Dublin have GPO, half of which is paid for by the club. There are plenty of clubs in Dublin who are still under severe financial strain. What the Dublin County Board hasn't done yet, is built a training complex like many other counties. While I have visited these academies in Louth and Newbridge, they are fine establishments but is it really necessary to have buildings as big as the Shelbourne Hotel. Dublin development squads depend of the generousity of the local clubs for training facilities. I know that there are plans for Abbotstown, which Dublin will pay 2million towards, and it will be open to everyone.

As regards the population theory, while it is an advantage, there are huge swathes of Dublin where GAA is very much a minority sport.

So the millions of euro is of no benefit? If you have a family member on a development squad then you know he's not on the only development squad at his age group. There's numerous development squads. All of them have paid coaches so you're dealing with the best kids all coached to a high standard for years and then when minor level is reached there's a huge pick to choose from. The facilities they use is already top notch and you have Blanchardtown on the way. The situation will get worse.
Peter Quinn

Dont Matter

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 27, 2014, 06:46:13 PM
Underage means nothing yet. As today again proved they're quite a way off in the hurling too.

Why do you have such a bee in your bonnet? Apart from home advantage what started you looking at finance? I'm intrigued as to exactly what your beef here is and why you're so incessant.

You seem very passionate about it. If you see it as such an injustice why not do something about it??

Having a conveyor belt of underage talent coming through means nothing at senior level? Are you mad?

All counties are meant to be equal in the GAA, why should one county be receiving special treatment? It's an amateur sport but one county is operating on a professional basis. The question you should be asking is why don't you have a problem with it? Why is one county buying success ok with you?

Maybe I am doing something about it.
Peter Quinn

INDIANA

Quote from: Dont Matter on July 27, 2014, 06:53:50 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 27, 2014, 06:46:13 PM

Having a conveyor belt of underage talent coming through means nothing at senior level? Are you mad?

All counties are meant to be equal in the GAA, why should one county be receiving special treatment? It's an amateur sport but one county is operating on a professional basis. The question you should be asking is why don't you have a problem with it? Why is one county buying success ok with you?

Maybe I am doing something about it.

You do concede we didn't buy 2011. I mean you simply have to since the vast majority of the team never was trained in the monied system you claim operates.