Time to Split Dublin

Started by Dont Matter, September 22, 2013, 05:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is it right that Dublin got 7 million to implement a plan to dominate the GAA World?

Yes
42 (29%)
No
103 (71%)

Total Members Voted: 145

armaghniac

it isn't rocket science, having one team Dublin with a greater pick than the rest of the competition, Leinster, is bizarre and is not found in other GAA competitions. This bizarre and unacceptable situation should be ended, immediately.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Canalman

Jeez, the ould "superclub" argument being thrown around again. Wasting my time I know again pointing out that for every "superclub" here there are around 10 or so struggling away like pretty every other GAA club in the country.

Johnnybegood

Quote from: armaghniac on July 25, 2014, 11:57:41 AM
it isn't rocket science, having one team Dublin with a greater pick than the rest of the competition, Leinster, is bizarre and is not found in other GAA competitions. This bizarre and unacceptable situation should be ended, immediately.
by your reckoning should all counties be split proportionately to equal the population of Leitrim? How many times would your own county be split?

Syferus

Quote from: Johnnybegood on July 25, 2014, 12:05:18 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on July 25, 2014, 11:57:41 AM
by your reckoning should all counties be split proportionately to equal the population of Leitrim? How many times would your own county be split?

Our county is already split.

armaghniac

Quote from: Canalman on July 25, 2014, 12:02:13 PM
Jeez, the ould "superclub" argument being thrown around again. Wasting my time I know again pointing out that for every "superclub" here there are around 10 or so struggling away like pretty every other GAA club in the country.

The regular clubs should be encouraged and the superclubs diminished, likewise with regular and super counties.

Quoteby your reckoning should all counties be split proportionately to equal the population of Leitrim?

the average, mode or median is a better guide to splitting then the smallest values.

Bod Mor

They'll be split alright, split in f@#£#n two when the meet the men from the west this year!!
Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Johnnybegood

Quote from: armaghniac on July 25, 2014, 12:37:16 PM
Quote from: Canalman on July 25, 2014, 12:02:13 PM

The regular clubs should be encouraged and the superclubs diminished, likewise with regular and super counties.

Quoteby your reckoning should all counties be split proportionately to equal the population of Leitrim?

the average, mode or median is a better guide to splitting then the smallest values.
and how would that be fair on Leitrim ?

armaghniac

Your pick is your population, if Cork have organised into more clubs rather than super clubs then that reflects well on Cork,  it does not excuse Dublin.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: INDIANA on July 25, 2014, 11:52:17 AM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 25, 2014, 11:01:22 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on July 25, 2014, 07:31:47 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 24, 2014, 05:53:18 PM
I just love it when we bate anyone.
A win over neighbours esp ones who have part of your County to pick from is always sweet. However a win over Kerry or Dublin usually means more in the bigger picture.

To get back on topic I think Dublin should be made a Province with 4 Co Boards along their local Council lines. All that local rivalry would keep them getting better all the time but at least their more restricted picks would leave them on an equal footing with the other 31 Counties.

Our pick is less then corks they have a lot more clubs.
There are 12 football divisions in Dublin. 12.

Maybe Cork have a bigger pick in hurling.

Again man do some analysis . How many different clubs play in those divisions . Less then 80.
Now considering the size of the county that's not a lot.

You telling me that crokes 6/7 the team in division 12 is a breeding ground for inter county footballers?

It's like taking candy from a baby on this thread such is the wild inaccuracies posted on it.
you were talking about playing numbers.

I didn't mention anything about breeding ground for county footballers

INDIANA

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 25, 2014, 04:25:18 PM
A win over neighbours esp ones who have part of your County to pick from is always sweet. However a win over Kerry or Dublin usually means more in the bigger picture.

To get back on topic I think Dublin should be made a Province with 4 Co Boards along their local Council lines. All that local rivalry would keep them getting better all the time but at least their more restricted picks would leave them on an equal footing with the other 31 Counties.

Again man do some analysis . How many different clubs play in those divisions . Less then 80.

You telling me that crokes 6/7 the team in division 12 is a breeding ground for inter county footballers?

It's like taking candy from a baby on this thread such is the wild inaccuracies posted on it.

All of the Dublin team panel play in divisions 1 and 2. That should say a lot about our pick.

Syferus

Quote from: INDIANA on July 25, 2014, 04:40:12 PM

All of the Dublin team panel play in divisions 1 and 2. That should say a lot about our pick.

But surely you can see that has very little to do with it - the standard of club football in Dublin is at a level above entire provinces, and every Dublin champion is installed as warm contenders for the All-Ireland. It's quite clearly the second hardest club title to win outside of the All-Ireland itself.

It all means The concentration of quality in Dublin is unheard of in other counties, even Cork or Kerry or Mayo and those are among the most competitive county championships outside Dublin.

You have both the best club scene and now the best senior team in the country, that's without question.

INDIANA

Quote from: Syferus on July 25, 2014, 04:50:35 PM

But surely you can see that has very little to do with it - the standard of club football in Dublin is at a level above entire provinces, and every Dublin champion is installed as warm contenders for the All-Ireland. It's quite clearly the second hardest club title to win outside of the All-Ireland itself.

It all means The concentration of quality in Dublin is unheard of in other counties, even Cork or Kerry or Mayo and those are among the most competitive county championships outside Dublin.

You have both the best club scene and now the best senior team in the country, that's without question.

Again I don't agree with you because you're just assuming matters.

There are only 5/6 clubs who can win the SFC and if you looked at the roll call of the last 10 years they are the only ones who can win it.

The gap between the have and the have nots in the Dublin SFC is quite staggering. There is no uniform standard or real upsets. It all goes according to plan once you take Parnells out of the equation

armaghniac

Firstly, even the Dublin panel can only be certain size and not involve all clubs.
But since Dublin clubs do not have proper GAA style boundaries all good players end up with Div 1 & 2 clubs, so that says nothing.