Time to Split Dublin

Started by Dont Matter, September 22, 2013, 05:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is it right that Dublin got 7 million to implement a plan to dominate the GAA World?

Yes
42 (29%)
No
103 (71%)

Total Members Voted: 145

Flutehook

Quote from: Dont Matter on October 09, 2013, 03:38:40 PM
You want to give the city junkies some hurls? Leave them to their own sport.

Hurling is their sport bud!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K589cb1yYoA

Far less gormless than their Portlaoise counterparts as can be seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRoRrU1BxAs

Even our junkies are better than yours:)

Dont Matter

I think the GAA are pumping 9 million into this one. Will Fingal allow other teams the use of it when the inevitable happens?

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2014/0228/507468-national-sports-campus/
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

Rossfan

The accomodation for 400 people makes it the ideal venus for the Railway and Sigerson Cups.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Four full-size pitches? Prenty laughs in the face of HQ's meagre ambitions.

stew

Quote from: Syferus on February 28, 2014, 04:32:27 PM
Four full-size pitches? Prenty laughs in the face of HQ's meagre ambitions.

Right enough, Prenty can laugh away But prunty has the last laugh!  ;)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Canalman

Quote from: Dont Matter on February 28, 2014, 04:14:13 PM
I think the GAA are pumping 9 million into this one. Will Fingal allow other teams the use of it when the inevitable happens?

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2014/0228/507468-national-sports-campus/

Nothing to do with "Fingal". Part of National Sports Centre and open to one and all I suppose in the GAA.

Location won't please everyone I know but it is within striking distance of alot of counties. Will be a great venue for inter county challenge games etc.

theskull1

QuoteAdjacent to the pavilion building, there will be a state of the art hurling wall

How state of the art can a hurling wall get I wonder  ::)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Drummerboy

Dublin County Board are spending two million euros on the Blanchardstown project.

Dont Matter

"It's just they've been provided with one having barely lifted a finger."

The Dubs see nothing wrong with it either, they've been handed millions of euro, handed All Irelands, handed this center of excellence, oh the list is endless. This will be the eight year, the EIGHT YEAR in a row that the Dublin footballers will play all their championship games at home.
You'd think the Dubs would be a bit embarrassed by it all, been bought titles without having to fight on a level playing field but no. I think it comes from their every day lives, they don't work so they steal nice things from fine country folk that move to Dublin. They feel entitled to it just like cheap methadone.
Just split them into three and let's make Gaelic football and hurling fair for all once more.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

Gael85

Quote from: Dont Matter on March 04, 2014, 05:09:15 PM

The Dubs see nothing wrong with it either, they've been handed millions of euro, handed All Irelands, handed this center of excellence, oh the list is endless. This will be the eight year, the EIGHT YEAR in a row that the Dublin footballers will play all their championship games at home.
You'd think the Dubs would be a bit embarrassed by it all, been bought titles without having to fight on a level playing field but no. I think it comes from their every day lives, they don't work so they steal nice things from fine country folk that move to Dublin. They feel entitled to it just like cheap methadone.
Just split them into three and let's make Gaelic football and hurling fair for all once more.

What about all the money the Laois boys stole from Parnells?

northsideboy

Quote from: Gael85 on March 04, 2014, 06:23:02 PM
Quote from: Dont Matter on March 04, 2014, 05:09:15 PM

What about all the money the Laois boys stole from Parnells?

Post of the year Gael 85 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Rossfan

I see the Fingal Co Co declared their independence from Dublin today refusing to be put under a Mayor of Dublin.
Any hope their GAA people might do the same thing and set up their own Co Board? :)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Drummerboy

Quote from: Rossfan on March 31, 2014, 08:00:32 PM
I see the Fingal Co Co declared their independence from Dublin today refusing to be put under a Mayor of Dublin.
Any hope their GAA people might do the same thing and set up their own Co Board? :)

:) you wish

PaddyP73

Quote from: Dont Matter on September 22, 2013, 05:28:16 PM
Time for the lines to be drawn. It's going to be either Dublin North and Dublin South or maybe Dublin Fingal, Dublin South and Dublin Dun Laoighaire Rathdown.
Bertie and co granted Dublin 7 million euros, the plan was for Dublin to dominate All Irelands in hurling and football. 2 in 3 years in football and the first real Leinster title in hurling shows that the plan is working well, not as well as it should but working well non the less.
They have over 1 million people, all the best facilities in the country, all the best coaches available, play every game at home, the best set up in schools and underage because of money. It's not what the GAA is all about. It's meant to be teams playing against eachother on an equal footing.
It's an ameteur game, how much are Dublin spending on that management team and backroom staff? They can even afford to pay Bernard Dunne to hang around for the banter with players.

Need split Dublin into 4.Also would split super clubs club teams like Portlaoise into 2 teams.hard for small village clubs to compete with big towns and Portlaoise have won last 7 Laois titles in a row. Good post bro

Lets hope the GAA stop looking after their pockets and bring fair play back to inter county football. Split Dublin into 2 or 3 and start dividing resources fairly, also introduce caps on money spent on inter county teams.