Time to Split Dublin

Started by Dont Matter, September 22, 2013, 05:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is it right that Dublin got 7 million to implement a plan to dominate the GAA World?

Yes
42 (29%)
No
103 (71%)

Total Members Voted: 145

Drummerboy

Quote from: rodney trotter on September 27, 2013, 03:40:09 PM
Quote from: Drummerboy on September 27, 2013, 03:09:43 PM
Firstly I don't believe in splitting Dublin.

But if the plan is to get everybody on an even footing what would people think of this

Dublin North
Dublin South
Meath/Louth
Offaly/Laois
Longford/Westmeath
Kildare/Wicklow
Wexford/Carlow/Kilkenny/Waterford
Cork
Kerry
Limerick/Tipperary
Mayo
Galway
Sligo/Leitrim
Roscommon/Fermanagh
Antrim/Down
Donegal
Derry/Armagh
Tyrone
Cavan/Monaghan

I know how most of you will feel about the thought of your county amalgamating with another county, well thats how people from Dublin would think of a split.

There is no border between Derry/Armagh or Fermangh/Roscommon.

I'm aware of that, its just an example. I wouldn't take it too seriously

rodney trotter

Quote from: Drummerboy on September 27, 2013, 03:55:32 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on September 27, 2013, 03:40:09 PM

But if the plan is to get everybody on an even footing what would people think of this

Dublin North
Dublin South
Meath/Louth
Offaly/Laois
Longford/Westmeath
Kildare/Wicklow
Cork
Kerry
Limerick/Tipperary
Mayo
Galway
Sligo/Leitrim
Roscommon/Fermanagh
Antrim/Down
Donegal
Derry/Armagh
Tyrone
Cavan/Monaghan

I know how most of you will feel about the thought of your county amalgamating with another county, well thats how people from Dublin would think of a split.

There is no border between Derry/Armagh or Fermangh/Roscommon.

I'm aware of that, its just an example. I wouldn't take it too seriously

No panic, I don't think amalgamations at County level would ever work, bar the North/South split if that were to ever happen in Dublin.

Bingo

Dublin North
Dublin South
Meath/Louth
Offaly/Laois
Longford/Westmeath
Kildare/Wicklow
Cork
Kerry
Limerick/Tipperary
Mayo
Galway
Sligo/Leitrim
Roscommon/Fermanagh
Antrim/Down
Donegal
Derry/Armagh
Tyrone
Cavan/Monaghan

Ulster Champs at Minor and Senior, Ulster Minor League Winners, NFL Div 3 winners, McKenna Cup Runner up, and thats before I get started on the Women.

FFS you should be looking at splitting Monaghan, not joining us up with Cavan who'd work it somehow that we'd end up paying all the bills and they'll host all the games.  ;)

Dont Matter

Why does this always happen? No one can debate about the money Dublin has received so they turn to talking about amalgamations, other counties and of course the inevitable personal abuse.
I know it's not nice for the Dubs to face the reality that they wouldn't have won any All Ireland recently and would still be also rans in hurling if not for this money but they'll just have to face facts.

Once we sort out this splitting of Dublin, sort out financial issues in plenty of counties and put a cap on the amount spent on inter county teams then we will have fair game once more in inter county football.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

Johnnybegood

Quote from: Dont Matter on September 27, 2013, 08:35:47 PM
Why does this always happen? No one can debate about the money Dublin has received so they turn to talking about amalgamations, other counties and of course the inevitable personal abuse.
I know it's not nice for the Dubs to face the reality that they wouldn't have won any All Ireland recently and would still be also rans in hurling if not for this money but they'll just have to face facts.

Once we sort out this splitting of Dublin, sort out financial issues in plenty of counties and put a cap on the amount spent on inter county teams then we will have fair game once more in inter county football.
i think you need to take a dump

The Hill is Blue

Championes, Championes, Ole, Ole, Ole.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6Rkl60P_yk
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Drummerboy

One thing you have going for you is your username, the most appropriate one on the forum

Rodman

Please explain the connection between Dublin getting 7m and calling for them to split. There are loads of other counties that have spent far less and are more successful. Dublin will never dominate GAA no matter how much money they spend.
Maybe Dublin got the money to help them compete with other sports in the City. There is not the  same level of competition between sports as there is in Dublin.
As I said before, your argument about splitting Dublin is nonsense. 

Johnnybegood

your not behind the door when it comes to personal abuse! Would you like to comment on Tyrone's centre of excellence which opens today at a cost of, wait for it, €7000000

muppet

Cold Tea, do you have a sister called Hot Tea?
MWWSI 2017

Dont Matter

I posted this:

Then along comes:
Quote from: Johnnybegood on September 27, 2013, 09:32:25 PM
i think you need to take a dump

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on September 27, 2013, 09:58:39 PM
Championes, Championes, Ole, Ole, Ole.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6Rkl60P_yk

Quote from: Drummerboy on September 28, 2013, 12:05:17 AM
One thing you have going for you is your username, the most appropriate one on the forum

Quote from: Johnnybegood on September 28, 2013, 10:27:52 AM
your not behind the door when it comes to personal abuse! Would you like to comment on Tyrone's centre of excellence which opens today at a cost of, wait for it, €7000000

;D
Peter Quinn

Eamonnca1

Dont Matter

Quote from: Rodman on September 28, 2013, 12:12:58 AM
Please explain the connection between Dublin getting 7m and calling for them to split. There are loads of other counties that have spent far less and are more successful. Dublin will never dominate GAA no matter how much money they spend.
Maybe Dublin got the money to help them compete with other sports in the City. There is not the  same level of competition between sports as there is in Dublin.
As I said before, your argument about splitting Dublin is nonsense.

They have spent the money, it can't be unspent. This is not like the other advantages Dublin have, this money has bought them 2 senior All Irelands, a serious upturn in hurling (including their first real Leinster title) and a complete turn around at underage level.
If it was a 100 metre race, nearly everyone else is beginning on the start line while Dublin are on the 70 metre line. The fact that they've still lost that race numerous times is an embarrassment to them but this situation is unfair.
That's why they have to be split, it's the only solution. We play an amateur sport that's meant to be based on fair play. Dublin are competing contrary to this. Some people mightn't think splitting Dublin is the answer but it's clear everyone realises something needs to be done.
Let everyone compete for Provincial and All Ireland honours fairly.
Peter Quinn

Dont Matter

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on September 28, 2013, 02:21:31 PM
I give up.

Of course you do, it can't be debated. As the poll here shows, everyone agrees that something needs to be done with Dublin as they've been bought sucess. The only question is what, I think it should be splitting but others have other ideas.
Peter Quinn

Gael85

Quote from: Dont Matter on September 28, 2013, 02:32:49 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on September 28, 2013, 02:21:31 PM
I give up.

Of course you do, it can't be debated. As the poll here shows, everyone agrees that something needs to be done with Dublin as they've been bought sucess. The only question is what, I think it should be splitting but others have other ideas.

I think you need to get that chip off your shoulder buddy,what county are you from?