Official Irish Football Association Thread (Northern Ireland)

Started by Mentalman, September 04, 2007, 11:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wesaysanchez

There was no punching heads at tll. froim what i hear and im not very willing to talk about ut here but apparnen tly is awas a suimpke case of money and being able to job sghare. I think the ifsa were bvery much agin it.

if i cam add another bit to thios. there is now a time to move on and with the game cooming up in spainwell wsee the old rerums of gerry armstrongs unbreliebvevernble hooggoasl in spain in 19982. now as much as i cadiopre that tema na love their mamories I think it is time to move on. so many of that sice have had the chance to manasged the team with mcikkroy, worthington, armstrong etc taking the charge - go for an otside mnan. it woarked with lawire. maY BE WE CANN ATTRACT COMEONE LIKE THE RUSSIAN MANAGER GUSS HINNIFDDICK. or evn tery venerab;es. the time has come for our head men to look outside. look at what he done woth south korea and holland. llok at fersgiuon and wenger and belniesz. theyt never played for utd, arsenal and liverpool respcthgfully. it s time to look bnig. we have the players we need the boss.

Balboa

Quote from: Donagh on September 13, 2007, 01:31:28 PM
Someone on OWC is saying it was Gillespie and McCartney. Didn't Gerry Taggart dig that kn**ker Gillespie before as well?

Jim Magilton "allegedley" gave him a slap before, supposed to be a hateful wee c*nt.

full back

Bit harsh on Gillespie lads.
I know him & I can say he is nothing like what some are making him out to be. May not be everyone's cup of tea, but who is?

Will Hunting

According to the Sky Sports News reporter who was apparently on the plane and saw the incident, McCartney and Gillespie were doing the fighting with punches thrown by Gillespie (surprise surprise!). Davis and Helay tried to break it up, think Healy may have caught a slap for his troubles, and Feeney got in to break it up as well.

God knows what it was about. Maybe Gillespie was still feeling a bit angry after his "winning goal", and wasn't McCartney out of the squad for the past couple of years?

Donagh

Quote from: full back on September 13, 2007, 01:42:33 PM
Bit harsh on Gillespie lads.
I know him & I can say he is nothing like what some are making him out to be. May not be everyone's cup of tea, but who is?

Well I'll not repeat the version of the story I heard of him receiving the slap by the pool table while away with NI, but if it's true and was me, I'd have broke the cnuts legs.

wesaysanchez

there is no doubt that keith gillsepsie attracts the wrong sort of heasdlines, when shearer clocked him in dubkin when with nercastle it didn't surpirses anyone who knos him. keith is a demoin when he has been intocxified. hes into gamblin as welkl and is a bit of a rougue. alex ferguson got rif of him for that readon as he did with norman whiteside, lee sharpe, paul mcgrath etc.

A Quinn Martin Production

Maybe too much of that famed team "spirit" in the NI squad??

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/6993117.stm

Northern Ireland stars Keith Gillespie and George McCartney were involved in a fight on an airplane before it flew the team from Iceland to London.
The altercation came after a verbal exchange and punches were thrown before other players were forced to intervene.

Cabin crew staff reported the incident to N Ireland manager Nigel Worthington before the flight took off.

The IFA said it will take appropiate action following the incident which came hours after a Euro 2008 qualifier.

Northern Ireland's hopes of making the Euro 2008 finals are fading after Keith Gillespie's late own goal gave Iceland a 2-1 victory in Reykjavik.
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Star Spangler

Could you imagine the media frenzy if the likes of this happened with two GAA footballers?  :o

Balboa

The fans last week, the players this week, where will it all end? Tut Tut.

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: Star Spangler on September 13, 2007, 03:44:40 PM
Could you imagine the media frenzy if the likes of this happened with two GAA footballers?  :o

If it was two pissed up holiday makers on their way back from Benidorm they'd be in clink ;D
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

oneillcup2007

What have David Healy and Easyjet got in common.
They both carry rough passengers

Hurler on the Bitch

Not the first time - I recall 19.05.1979 - my first game at Windsor Park - NI v England Home International - big hype NI had not beaten England at home since 1927. Anyway, about 10 minutes in doesn't Terry Cochrane pass the ball to Peter Barnes - missing Armstrong - and aul Gerry boots Cochrane up the Nat King Cole in front of 40,000. Talk about a collective gasp in the crowd. Luckily Cochrane let it go.. or else his melt would have been knocked in.

stew

o'neill sems to have got his aliases a wee bit mixed up, shane you have to remember that it is not weesaysanchez who fecks up his spelling, it is one of your armagh aliases tha does that.

The six were brutal last night and in fairness deserved to lose, I believe they now play three of the top four teams in their remaining matches, they are clean fecked. They will be lucky to get two points from the remaining games. Nigel Worthington  is a pish poor manager, his selections are strange and his team is in a nose dive.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

oneillcup2007

I wonder did Gilespie knock out another tooth of Georges.