Neymar is a spoofer.

Feck - poor Costa Rica

AQMP

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 22, 2018, 02:16:52 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on June 22, 2018, 02:11:17 PM
Quote from: longballin on June 22, 2018, 02:09:51 PM
Quote from: trailer on June 22, 2018, 01:34:16 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 22, 2018, 01:24:54 PM
The current 2 play in a time that you cant tackle from behind to get the ball! Defenders were hard hitting then and if messi and ronaldo played back then they would score half the goals they do now! The younger generation dont remember Maradona enough but he took Napoli that had won f**k all before and nothing since he left, to glory in a time every superstar in the world played in Italian football

I wonder the age of some posters. To say Pele was the best but having seen what? a few clips on tv? That's ludicrous. Not many games were televised in the 1960s never mind Brazilian ones. At that rate why not have Stanley Matthews in the top 3?

Pele was around long after Stanley Mathews. Now ure being daft

Bloody madness mentioning Stanley Matthews alright when we all know the Dixie Dean is the top top top England player ever produced.

Rubbish. Cliff Bastin!!

There'll never be another Len Shackleton

Syferus

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 22, 2018, 02:47:29 PM
Neymar is a spoofer.

Feck - poor Costa Rica

Some performance by the spoofer.

AQMP

Still not convinced by Brazil. The tournament is still wide open. Engerlund could bring it home.

longballin

Quote from: Syferus on June 22, 2018, 02:53:48 PM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 22, 2018, 02:47:29 PM
Neymar is a spoofer.

Feck - poor Costa Rica

Some performance by the spoofer.

Left just before he scored. He's a bluffer

quit yo jibbajabba

Jesus hes a wee cnut hi. Hard boy to like. Does fcuk all other than dive and girn then when they go one up starts the showboatin

gallsman

Neymar is a little treat twat. That's not news to anyone.

He's also clearly one of the best footballers on the planet. Pretending otherwise is absolutely daft.

Syferus

The difference between the relish Ronaldo takes from being the guy for his national team and the sheer weight that looks to be on Messi's shoulders when playing for Argentina is what separates the two greats of the modern game. And I think the question of which one is the greatest is starting to answer itself.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: AQMP on June 22, 2018, 02:55:31 PM
Still not convinced by Brazil. The tournament is still wide open. Engerlund could bring it home.
Have that feeling myself so much so that I stuck a few quid on them. Although the small stake would never be enough to ease the pain of having to listen to them!

I can easily see them making the semis.

Syferus

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 22, 2018, 03:39:28 PM
Have that feeling myself so much so that I stuck a few quid on them. Although the small stake would never be enough to ease the pain of having to listen to them!

You've been watching a different tournament to me if you think England have much of a chance. It's not rare for the good teams to start slowly in these competitions. The same five or six will still be in the QFs when all is said and done.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Syferus on June 22, 2018, 03:52:09 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 22, 2018, 03:39:28 PM

You've been watching a different tournament to me if you think England have much of a chance. It's not rare for the good teams to start slowly in these competitions. The same five or six will still be in the QFs when all is said and done.
Fingers crossed.

bennydorano

If rumours are to be believed an Sterling is dropped I think it's good news for England, shows that Southgate could see he was rubbish v Tunisia and also has the balls to drop him. I think things might be different for England this tournament, in previous years egos were all trying to be managed, they had a wealth of talent but managers invariably went for big name players played slightly out of position rather than play a lesser light in his strongest position.

Early days obviously but they've a decent chance of success, semis at least likely imo. Their Achilles heel is the defence, Walker, Stones & Maguire are all potential bombscares. Think they'll be a much better team without Sterling (or if he's played it should be as a winger).

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Insane Bolt

Can't believe all this talk of football greats and none of you have mentioned Terry Phelan😎

lenny

Quote from: bennydorano on June 22, 2018, 05:01:11 PM
If rumours are to be believed an Sterling is dropped I think it's good news for England, shows that Southgate could see he was rubbish v Tunisia and also has the balls to drop him. I think things might be different for England this tournament, in previous years egos were all trying to be managed, they had a wealth of talent but managers invariably went for big name players played slightly out of position rather than play a lesser light in his strongest position.

Early days obviously but they've a decent chance of success, semis at least likely imo. Their Achilles heel is the defence, Walker, Stones & Maguire are all potential bombscares. Think they'll be a much better team without Sterling (or if he's played it should be as a winger).

Sterling is a good athlete but isn't a footballer. England are an average side who are well managed at the moment. They can bully weak teams with their athleticism, pace and baility to press but when they come up against any decent technical team they'll be found out.