Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: bingobus on January 20, 2010, 11:10:33 PM
Just seen the tackle, terrible tackle, nowhere near the ball. Red card for me.

Definite red alright. Could have easily broken an ankle. In fact they said the Bolton player left on crutches for a scan. Not sure what Alan Wiley was looking at to not even give a free. A yellow card or even a free would have been something but to ignore it completely was bizarre. Refs in the Premier League the last couple of years are woeful. It would make you all nostalgic for the days of David Ellery.

Puckoon

Thats not that bad a tackle at all, what the hell is all the fuss about?

His eyes are on the ball, and the bolton player gets to it first?

Archie Mitchell

It's not a great tackle, but it's not the worst i've seen. Red card would have been harsh as he went for the ball.

Puckoon

Coyle is raving about "assault" here? Not on his nelly. Unfortunate tackle, but no malice evident in my opinion.

Norf Tyrone

Just seen the Gallas tackle. Hmmm. It wasn't that bad. I think he went for the ball, and Davies got their first. Maybe slightly high. I think the clumsiness of it merited a red, and definately a free, but don't think their was too much malice in it.

The bigger crime was not stopping, as I think he would've known that he had caused damage.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

bingobus

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 21, 2010, 10:45:31 AM
Just seen the Gallas tackle. Hmmm. It wasn't that bad. I think he went for the ball, and Davies got their first. Maybe slightly high. I think the clumsiness of it merited a red, and definately a free, but don't think their was too much malice in it.

The bigger crime was not stopping, as I think he would've known that he had caused damage.

Spot on. It wasn't intended but still done harm and was dangerous.

He let himself down more by running off straight away to rejoin the attack, he was the only one who knew the contact he made and could have made an effort to halt play.

Minder

Since signing Sol Campbell, Wenger is rumoured to be bidding for Oprah, Barry White and Luther Vandross in an attempt to switch to a fat black four.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ross4life

no i'll stop your there!

even by your standards that joke is truly awful!

what next? more unexpected winter warmers  ::)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Dakota

Quote from: Minder on January 21, 2010, 08:16:51 PM
Since signing Sol Campbell, Wenger is rumoured to be bidding for Oprah, Barry White and Luther Vandross in an attempt to switch to a fat black four.
:D

Minder

Quote from: ross4life on January 21, 2010, 10:18:08 PM
no i'll stop your there!

But i had finished so how could you stop me?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

muppet

Quote from: Minder on January 21, 2010, 10:19:44 PM
Quote from: ross4life on January 21, 2010, 10:18:08 PM
no i'll stop your there!

But i had finished so how could you stop me?

Defending Roscommon style.
MWWSI 2017

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Aaron Boone

A lad at work yesterday was hoping Tunisia would bate Cameroon in the Africa Cup of Nations. His reasoning being Alex Song would be back for this weekend. This lad is having desperate reservations about Traore at left back but still has him in his fantasy team.

AFS

Quote from: Aaron Boone on January 22, 2010, 11:24:09 PM
A lad at work yesterday was hoping Tunisia would bate Cameroon in the Africa Cup of Nations. His reasoning being Alex Song would be back for this weekend. This lad is having desperate reservations about Traore at left back but still has him in his fantasy team.

Probably because he costs fcuk all.