Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

I haven't read it but the GL tweet says 'Wrongly':

Gaelic Life ‏@Gaelic_Life  4h4 hours ago
Joe Brolly: One player who was wrongly suspected of giving me inside information was targeted for special treatment. All in today's GL. #GAA

So apparently they've got the wrong man!?

AZOffaly

Quote from: screenexile on January 15, 2015, 05:10:24 PM
I haven't read it but the GL tweet says 'Wrongly':

Gaelic Life ‏@Gaelic_Life  4h4 hours ago
Joe Brolly: One player who was wrongly suspected of giving me inside information was targeted for special treatment. All in today's GL. #GAA

So apparently they've got the wrong man!?

But he must have told him he was getting the treatment, so he gave information about getting targetted :D So even if he was the wrong man, now he's the right man! It sounds like Raméis to me though.

muppet

Leak claims he is bullied at training - but denies he is the leak!
MWWSI 2017

DuffleKing

Lol. Guess joe just hung his source. Not for the first time either...

rrhf

Its well seeing Jimmys winnin watches isnt involved.  The lad might have been thrown over a cliff.
Whoever made the chilling statement "The only good mole is in a hole"

Itchy

It'd shocking this poor player forced to train and take beatings. Why can't the GAA be voluntary?? Its so cruel

Bazil Douglas

Quote from: Applesisapples on January 15, 2015, 09:13:57 AM
Quote from: Bazil Douglas on January 14, 2015, 08:20:35 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on January 14, 2015, 11:52:01 AM
It is time the GAA and all of us who support it accept that there are 2 products each in Football and Hurling, Club and County. 8000+ at a McKenna cup game! There is a demand for county product which is greater than for the club, the county game is also more attractive to punters and TV alike. Reducing or compacting the county season will reduce revenues so is not going to happen. The future is a Rugby type situation where players recruited in to County Squads are no longer available to clubs except perhaps for Championship but even then ??? I know clubs won't like this but it is the way in other sports and GAA has gone far beyond those halcyon days when men were men and the majority of counties average 2 games a season. If this is not embraced then the GAA and ultimately all of us at club level will be the losers. Over use of players is nothing new Clubs were doing it long before the county got involved. In my day there were a couple of starlets playing U16, Minor, U21 Senior and B football. That has changed significantly if not completely eradicated. Any player worth his salt would aspire to County. I have seen my fair share of Countymen on Intermediate and Junior teams going through the motions in Division 2 and 3 league games... Just a thought, before I get lit on by the Club stalwarts on here...
Where did I say it was professional? I was simply addressing the issue of players having too many demands put on them, it was some thoughts not a set in stone ideology, but there are competing pressures here.

Applesisapples
How would you propose we finance this semi or fully professional setup.

Sorry I obviously misread your post, thought you meant like semi professional rugby scenario, but I cant see clubs letting the county take the cream of their talent without some form of compensation for not being allowed to play for them.

ONeill

"Joe Brolly Ate My Hamster" By Joe Brolly in tomorrow's Daily Brolly #joebrolly @joebrolly.com

Joe Brolly = Perez Hilton, hi.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

From the Bunker

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 15, 2015, 09:47:43 AM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on January 14, 2015, 08:22:46 PM
There are barely 60 rugby clubs in the country

It is not a good comparison

60 Rugby Clubs? Not sure about that. Unless you mean 60 rugby clubs in the AIL.

There are 51 Junior clubs in Munster alone!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: orangeman on January 16, 2015, 12:19:18 AM
Clue. It's not Kevin Dyas.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/football/kevin-dyas-kieran-mcgeeney-not-flogging-armagh-307074.html

Double bluff lads, double bluff.  Dyas was told that if he doesn't give a full blooded denial of the antics of Herrs Geezer and McKeever he was going to have to go in for a 5 minute MMA tag team bout against the 2 of them and he would have no partner to tag in. 

The first rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club.

mackers

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 16, 2015, 09:12:38 AM

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/football/kevin-dyas-kieran-mcgeeney-not-flogging-armagh-307074.html

Double bluff lads, double bluff.  Dyas was told that if he doesn't give a full blooded denial of the antics of Herrs Geezer and McKeever he was going to have to go in for a 5 minute MMA tag team bout against the 2 of them and he would have no partner to tag in. 

The first rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club.
I'd suggest you read an article in the Irish News which directly quotes your fellow club man TK which rubbishes Joe's hyperbole on the subject.  The amount of lies being peddled by some on this subject is total amazing.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: mackers on January 16, 2015, 02:08:09 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 16, 2015, 09:12:38 AM

I'd suggest you read an article in the Irish News which directly quotes your fellow club man TK which rubbishes Joe's hyperbole on the subject.  The amount of lies being peddled by some on this subject is total amazing.

And I suggest you settle the chops and don't take things too seriously!!!

mackers

I'm quite relaxed thanks. Just glad to see Heaney and Brolly being called for the spoofers they are. It hopefully silences the 6.30 training sessions rumours also.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

brokencrossbar1

Fair enough that settles training-gate and we can all get back to living our own inconsequential lives!!!