Division 2 2024

Started by Captain Scarlet, January 16, 2023, 02:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreadnought

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 26, 2024, 09:49:28 AM
Quote from: Dreadnought on February 26, 2024, 09:27:08 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on February 26, 2024, 08:30:31 AM
Quote from: Dreadnought on February 26, 2024, 08:02:59 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on February 26, 2024, 08:01:06 AMDidn't get seeing the replay but was told by someone that Donegal never should have had a penalty. Anyone got a clip of it or were close enough to judge it.
It was on the TV last night. Thought it was a penalty alright
Was too far away to call it tbh. At least it didn't matter in the end thankfully.

Big couple of games now for us against Fermanagh and yourselves.
i think the Round 6 game between ourselves and yourselves is the biggest game remaining. That one will tell who is promoted. Can't wait for it, and hope it's picked up by TV too. We haven't had a game on yet

we have to beat fermanagh and you have to beat Meath first of all
Oh I get that, but with current points total and all that, it still will be a huge game with ramifications on positions

Captain Scarlet

The lads on local radio are saying Kildare are trying their best and they are complaining about faceless people on forums and how we need to get behind the lads...
Naturally the Kildare forum is very annoyed and there are some of the usual head-d-balls talking about the players and camp being losers and having no balls...

After all the recent stuff you would presume there would be some kind of siege mentality but not to be. Looks like it's Division 3. If Cork beat us, I could see the wheels are totally off and we won't get a win.

I really worry what Donegal will do to us...

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

tintin25

Quote from: Itchy on February 25, 2024, 10:54:32 PMI see 2 games in Div2 got no highlights as RTE thought fans would like to see 5 minutes of Jarlath Burns instead. Along with extensive highlights of the matches that were already shown on tv earlier. That league Sunday is a joke shop of a program.

"Let's look at division 3, Sligo and Antrim going well" despite Antrim being bet by 7 points today. How lazy and unprofessional.

Seen that myself and was like 'did she just say Antrim going well after being beat by 7 lol'

armaghniac

Quote from: tintin25 on February 26, 2024, 01:09:17 PM
Quote from: Itchy on February 25, 2024, 10:54:32 PMI see 2 games in Div2 got no highlights as RTE thought fans would like to see 5 minutes of Jarlath Burns instead. Along with extensive highlights of the matches that were already shown on tv earlier. That league Sunday is a joke shop of a program.

"Let's look at division 3, Sligo and Antrim going well" despite Antrim being bet by 7 points today. How lazy and unprofessional.

Seen that myself and was like 'did she just say Antrim going well after being beat by 7 lol'

Perhaps they still thought that was above average for Antrim.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

David McKeown

Quote from: Armagh18 on February 26, 2024, 08:01:06 AMDidn't get seeing the replay but was told by someone that Donegal never should have had a penalty. Anyone got a clip of it or were close enough to judge it.

It was a strange one.  I thought the ref made his mind up early gave it after what looked a decent tackle but had he not blown his whistle then I think what followed was more a penalty.  Then to add confusion he seemed to speak to an Umpire about whether or not it was a penalty.

All that said I thought there was a worse decision on Armagh's second or third last point.  Armagh had the ball inside the 14, 2 on 2 and the ref blew for what looked all day long like an off the ball deliberate body collision to stop a man getting free inside.  I was convinced it was going to a black card and a real question if it would be one of those penalties but no card at all was produced.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Ed Ricketts

Armagh and Donegal was entertaining enough yesterday without an awful lot of quality on display.

Weird enough flow to the game, with both sides losing their way for long periods. Also thought both looked very leggy as the second half went on - a lot of poor wides at either end in the 20 mins would speak to that.

So, perhaps with neither putting too much focus on proceedings, I'd say everyone is quite happy with the draw.

Best for Armagh were Hughes and Murnin. Also thought Duffy made a real difference when brought in. Bit of a nightmare showing for JOB on his introduction, got on the ball plenty but nothing seemed to go right. Maybe his weekend had already been too busy.

Looks like that's Donegal home and hosed now. Cavan the only real threat to Armagh. Looks like that round 6 game will be winner takes all - wouldn't like to be heading to Breffni for that, but home advantage should see Armagh over the line.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

Armagh18

Quote from: David McKeown on February 26, 2024, 02:48:49 PM

It was a strange one.  I thought the ref made his mind up early gave it after what looked a decent tackle but had he not blown his whistle then I think what followed was more a penalty.  Then to add confusion he seemed to speak to an Umpire about whether or not it was a penalty.

All that said I thought there was a worse decision on Armagh's second or third last point.  Armagh had the ball inside the 14, 2 on 2 and the ref blew for what looked all day long like an off the ball deliberate body collision to stop a man getting free inside.  I was convinced it was going to a black card and a real question if it would be one of those penalties but no card at all was produced.
Cheers, might give the game a rewatch on iplayer an evening this week. Particularly want to see Rians point, Forkers in the first half and that bicycle kick from Mackin to gwt himself out of trouble- don't think I've ever seen anyone do that before!

Also thought one of the Donegal lads could have seen yellow or red for a tussle with Forker- definitely drove Forkers head into the ground with a forearm while they were on the ground- linesman had a pretty clear view of it.

statto

Quote from: Armagh18 on February 26, 2024, 03:58:59 PM

Cheers, might give the game a rewatch on iplayer an evening this week. Particularly want to see Rians point, Forkers in the first half and that bicycle kick from Mackin to gwt himself out of trouble- don't think I've ever seen anyone do that before!

Also thought one of the Donegal lads could have seen yellow or red for a tussle with Forker- definitely drove Forkers head into the ground with a forearm while they were on the ground- linesman had a pretty clear view of it.
Good luck trying to watch on iplayer absolutely horrific from the bbc. 

Armagh18

Quote from: statto on February 26, 2024, 04:35:44 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on February 26, 2024, 03:58:59 PM

Good luck trying to watch on iplayer absolutely horrific from the bbc. 
Yeah so I was told. 2nd half better though is it?

armaghniac

Quote from: statto on February 26, 2024, 04:35:44 PMGood luck trying to watch on iplayer absolutely horrific from the bbc. 

it is complete crap, you'd think they would load up a clean version.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

StephenC

There's a clean version on you tube.

Couple of incidents in the first half that should have yielded cards - Odhran Doherty with a shoulder into the head/front of an Armagh man (round about 19 minutes), and then Forker dropping the knees onto a Donegal man on the ground.

Poor penalty by Gallen - perfect height to be saved. Keeper was a long way off the line right enough, but that's on the linesman to spot. I'd say he would have saved it even if he had stayed put. It was a clear penalty - don't feel there's much of a question about that.

Clear point waved wide for Donegal, but a draw was fair enough. The concern for both teams is how careless they were in possession and how easily they coughed up turnovers. It's all very well talking about shadow boxing, but let's be honest, that was two division 2 teams battling it out. That display wouldn't trouble the majority of the teams in Division 1.

Armagh18

Quote from: StephenC on February 26, 2024, 08:03:17 PMThere's a clean version on you tube.

Couple of incidents in the first half that should have yielded cards - Odhran Doherty with a shoulder into the head/front of an Armagh man (round about 19 minutes), and then Forker dropping the knees onto a Donegal man on the ground.

Poor penalty by Gallen - perfect height to be saved. Keeper was a long way off the line right enough, but that's on the linesman to spot. I'd say he would have saved it even if he had stayed put. It was a clear penalty - don't feel there's much of a question about that.

Clear point waved wide for Donegal, but a draw was fair enough. The concern for both teams is how careless they were in possession and how easily they coughed up turnovers. It's all very well talking about shadow boxing, but let's be honest, that was two division 2 teams battling it out. That display wouldn't trouble the majority of the teams in Division 1.

Will have to give it a rewatch cheers, dont remember the 2 possible card incidents and was too far away to judge the penalty to be honest.

Dont think the display was any worse than anything in division one outside Derry, Dublin and Darragh Canavan. Its still only February as well.

tonto1888

Quote from: StephenC on February 26, 2024, 08:03:17 PMThere's a clean version on you tube.

The two incidents you mention; both players were lucky I felt but the ref spoke to both and was consistent in how he dealt with them. We want consistency from refs so fair play to him for that - even tho I felt he was wrong in how he did deal with them

seafoid

If Kildare get relegated they will be odds on for the Tailteann. Relegation last year did Meath no harm.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Blowitupref

Quote from: seafoid on February 26, 2024, 08:54:56 PMIf Kildare get relegated they will be odds on for the Tailteann. Relegation last year did Meath no harm.

Meath didn't get relegated last year it was Clare and Limerick. Kildare can still avoid the Tailteann cup by beating the winner of Westmeath v Wicklow in the Leinster Quarter final and then beat Louth,Carlow or Wexford in the semi final.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose