Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helix.

Quote from: Maroon Manc on September 30, 2020, 12:52:33 PM
If Ole can't get Sancho this summer then I hope he brings in someone in on loan rather then buying for the sake of it. We've seen Bayern win a CL with 2 loan signings this year, they wanted Sane last summer but couldn't get him but managed to get him this summer instead.

Absolutely should be looking at loan deals in the context of COVID 19.

Sky Sports reporting Dembele from Barcelona possibly on loan.
Would be looking at Dayot Upamecano from RB Leizpig for CB more of a priority buy. I'd imagine Utd will have signed Alex Telles from Porto before the end of transfer window.

Would it be worth taking a chance on Cavani as a free agent I wonder? Had a decent record with PSG and surely could be good to have up front.
Hopefully Utd will be our to prove a point shambles performance from Saturday or prove that they need a centre back  ??? 8)

Cunny Funt

None of the weekend drama in the Amex stadium tonight. Mata the clear stand out in a 2nd string side. Van Der Beek, Bailly also impressed and Henderson made a few decent saves. Pogba looked very happy with his goal.

Over to Ed and Matt now to see can they bring in the required 2 or 3 new players before the deadline closes. It seems like more will be going out than coming in.

gawa316

Quote from: Cunny Funt on September 30, 2020, 09:59:22 PM
None of the weekend drama in the Amex stadium tonight. Mata the clear stand out in a 2nd string side. Van Der Beek, Bailly also impressed and Henderson made a few decent saves. Pogba looked very happy with his goal.

Over to Ed and Matt now to see can they bring in the required 2 or 3 new players before the deadline closes. It seems like more will be going out than coming in.

Surely that has to go down as an own goal?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gawa316 on September 30, 2020, 10:32:35 PM

Seems BBC's sport has no own goals
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gawa316

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 30, 2020, 10:39:59 PM

Livescore says the same but no way that was going in the goal without the deflection.

Of what I saw, Mata did play well. I wonder why none of the Utd managers tried to do a David Silva with him by converting him to a CM?

NAG1

Quote from: gawa316 on September 30, 2020, 11:15:12 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 30, 2020, 10:39:59 PM

Livescore says the same but no way that was going in the goal without the deflection.

Of what I saw, Mata did play well. I wonder why none of the Utd managers tried to do a David Silva with him by converting him to a CM?

Mata is a class act and has been throughout his time at the club. However his lack of legs just means he would come up short at the moment in a top class game, he has the brain and the technique still and is a pleasure to watch.

Positives - McTominay, VDB, Baily & Linegard when he came on for a short stint.
Negatives - Dalo, James & Ighalo.

Maroon Manc

Agree with NAG re Ighalo, James & Dalot; They were all awful, Ighalo worked a treat last season when there was lack of option around but there's upgrades available on a free/loan. James was late to football I think, he needs to play every week and not sure by loaning him to Leeds he's going to get enough game time.

Mata played his best game in a long time, it seems like Ole has copied what Fergie used to do with older players and told them well in advance what games they'd be starting.

Bailly deserves to start on Sunday, it might not be too long until his next injury but whilst he's fit he's got to start. You could see in the first half how quick he is when the quick Brighton attacker had a decent start on him.

oakleaflad

How many of that side would you be happy with stepping up to the first team if there was an injury? I'd say only truly Henderson, Bailly and Van De Beek. Maybe's for Fred, McTominay and Williams. The quality of the squad depth still a huge issue. Need a new RB, CB, LB, RW and ST.

Grant, Dalot, Jones, Smalling, Rojo, Pereira, Lingard and James all need shipped out.

Cunny Funt

It should eventually as his shot at goal was as wide as a ducks arse.

Quote from: oakleaflad on October 01, 2020, 10:34:52 AM
How many of that side would you be happy with stepping up to the first team if there was an injury? I'd say only truly Henderson, Bailly and Van De Beek. Maybe's for Fred, McTominay and Williams. The quality of the squad depth still a huge issue. Need a new RB, CB, LB, RW and ST.

Grant, Dalot, Jones, Smalling, Rojo, Pereira, Lingard and James all need shipped out.

Yes only 5 or 6 players and the tale end of last season showed the lack trust management had for squad players. Pereira seems to be off to Lazio and Smalling probably back to Italy on a permanent deal. Can't get rid of Lingard, Jones it seems with the crazy wages they are on and Romero will likely be let go before Grant as you are hardly going to pay a 3rd choice keeper 70k a week when plenty of clubs would like to sign him.

NAG1

Quote from: Cunny Funt on October 01, 2020, 11:58:38 AM

It should eventually as his shot at goal was as wide as a ducks arse.

Quote from: oakleaflad on October 01, 2020, 10:34:52 AM

Yes only 5 or 6 players and the tale end of last season showed the lack trust management had for squad players. Pereira seems to be off to Lazio and Smalling probably back to Italy on a permanent deal. Can't get rid of Lingard, Jones it seems with the crazy wages they are on and Romero will likely be let go before Grant as you are hardly going to pay a 3rd choice keeper 70k a week when plenty of clubs would like to sign him.

Jones is on big money, so probably the option at this point is a loan deal with shared wages but who at this point is going to want to sign him, bar Fulham maybe.

If they could shift Pereira, Romero, Jones and Smalling creates a bit of breathing space. Don't see why they can't start to off load especially the unwanted defenders when you have the option of Matic or McTominay playing at CB if you have a run of bad injuries.

Can't see Lingard be shifted on at the moment.

nrico2006

United need a new CB, unless Bailly proves reliable from an injury perspective.  Need a new leftback, but could make do with what we have for the time being as they 'do the job'.  I would say United need a defensive midfielder, a top quality one, nearly more than anything else.  That and a striker, an actual striker who can hold the ball up, poach and head.

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Dire Ear

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

J70

United will be doing well to come out of that group.

Cunny Funt

As tough of group that United could have got. Finalists PSG, semi finalists  Leipzig and to top it off the pot 4 team is a unwanted long trip to face the turkish champions.

In hindsight some might say it was probably better to finish last season in 4th looking at Chelseas group but United had enough of those uninteresting ties in Europe in recent years already.