Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: Maroon Manc on November 10, 2015, 10:17:37 AM
Just when I thought Rooney couldn't become more of an embarrassment than he already is. Look at the great leaders we've had and now we're stuck with this simpleton.

He'd be better off in the WWE. . . he has the physique for it!

NAG1

Quote from: screenexile on November 10, 2015, 10:20:13 AM
Just when I thought Rooney couldn't become more of an embarrassment than he already is. Look at the great leaders we've had and now we're stuck with this simpleton.

Jees lads give him a break, he has two young lads who probably think that their dad is a super hero now because he was in the WWE.

Barring maybe city there is not one other team in the league that would turn Rooney down.

Partly down to the player losing a bit of pace and partly down to the system that the team is playing means he is not looking anywhere near his peak form. But he is going to be around and in the team for the foreseeable future.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: NAG1 on November 10, 2015, 11:09:15 AM

Jees lads give him a break, he has two young lads who probably think that their dad is a super hero now because he was in the WWE.

Barring maybe city there is not one other team in the league that would turn Rooney down.

Partly down to the player losing a bit of pace and partly down to the system that the team is playing means he is not looking anywhere near his peak form. But he is going to be around and in the team for the foreseeable future.

You clearly haven't watched much of Rooney this season, he's finished and the like of Leicester, Soton, Newcastle & Everton have centre forward i'd take over Rooney. Rooney's 'peak form' was in 2009/10, thats a long time ago and he's been on a downward curve ever since.

Very few reds over the age of 25 here in Manchester have anytime for him, most of us mancs can't stand him.

NAG1

Quote from: Maroon Manc on November 10, 2015, 11:28:15 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on November 10, 2015, 11:09:15 AM

You clearly haven't watched much of Rooney this season, he's finished and the like of Leicester, Soton, Newcastle & Everton have centre forward i'd take over Rooney. Rooney's 'peak form' was in 2009/10, thats a long time ago and he's been on a downward curve ever since.

Very few reds over the age of 25 here in Manchester have anytime for him, most of us mancs can't stand him.

I've watched a good bit of the team this season and yes I agree that he is past his best I agree with you there. Just wondering though if you could give me a couple of examples of centre forwards that the club could have bought who were available and wanted to move in the summer that would suit the current system that the team is playing.

Just curious MM

Walter Cronc

Did Paul Scholes not say recently that Rooney is still making good runs but he's not receiving the ball in areas where he can do damage?

I don't think Scholes is the kinda guy who would say that for no reason.

NAG1

Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 10, 2015, 11:36:34 AM
Did Paul Scholes not say recently that Rooney is still making good runs but he's not receiving the ball in areas where he can do damage?

I don't think Scholes is the kinda guy who would say that for no reason.

Partly my point WC - it is a combination

Cunny Funt

Having a bit of craic on a made up wresting show with his son in attendance is an embarrassment?

Maroon Manc

Replacement is already at the club in Martial. Mata deserves a chance in the no 10 position although not convinced he's the answer but he's hardly had a chance in his best position. Herrera has one below par performance and he's dropped which is really unfair. LVG said at the weekend we don't have enough pace on the wings, I'm sure there's a chance we'll be back in for Mane in January. I'd give Soton Januzaj & Depay on loan until the end of the season as a sweetener.

Scholes is a terrible pundit who's sticking up for his mate. I've noticed the last few games that his team mates have avoided passing to him on several occasions and I don't blame them. I've never heard so many excuses made for a player, its now the players around him that have led to his decline; Its utter nonsense, he's been our worst player a huge distance this season. He's finished, the legs are gone and the rest of his game isn't good enough. Its hardly a shock, he's played a lot more games than your average 30 year old, he's probably played as many games as 35 year would have played in his career, he started and finished early.

BennyCake

Captain Obvious

Martial left Wembley on crutches. Extended spell out injured?

GJL

Wish these 2 were still at Utd. :-\

NAG1

Quote from: GJL on November 18, 2015, 03:41:59 PM

Wish these 2 were still at Utd. :-\

Sure there were a load of United fans that couldnt wait to show Evra the door GJL.

Pogba was some loss even in terms of his value alone now never mind his ability.

blewuporstuffed

Pogba was the best player on the pitch the other night by a long way when he came on.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

GJL

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on November 18, 2015, 03:52:07 PM
Pogba was the best player on the pitch the other night by a long way when he came on.

His passing was unreal.

nrico2006

Never had a feeling of sickness over any footballer before except for Pogba the past 3 years.  Still can't get over whiskeynose not getting over his stubbornness and giving Pogba want he wanted, which in reality was very little.  It was clear then that he was on his way to being a world beater and in essence United just let a player go who in all likelihood will be the best player in the world in 2 or 3 years.  I saw only 5 minutes last night in the second half but there was a passage where he hit a pass over the defence for Martial to run onto, it was sublime.  10 seconds later he fainted at the edge of the box and hit a shot that nestled on the top of the net, but the dip and power he had on the ball was unreal.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'