Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longballin

Quote from: Real Talk on May 18, 2018, 11:57:16 PM
Quote from: longballin on May 18, 2018, 03:52:11 PM
Quote from: square_ball on May 18, 2018, 03:46:09 PM
Rewriting history there lads. Sean Cavanagh played for Tyrone u21s in 2002 when they were beaten in the all Ireland by Dublin. Plus he was a corner forward under McKenna and McCrory in 2002 so who converted him to a midfielder and then full forward? Or did Sean just take it upon himself to take those jerseys? As I say you boys love rewriting history to suit your agendas.

Hardly took a genius to move him out to midfield. Sean carried Tyrone over the line in 2008 All Ireland final and Harte then totally scapegoated him in his book after 2009 defeat. No gratitude or humility from Harte

Having had plenty opportunities to watch over this last 15 years the one thing about Sean Cavanagh is when Brian Dooher was on the team life was a lot easier.  Dooher did all the hard work and generally was instrumental in creating space and setting up good chances for Sean on a plate.  Sean relished that and delivered the big scores.  Without Dooher on the team Sean and Tyrone were less effective and just didn't perform on the big occasions.

We'll see how effective they are without Cavanagh. One of Tyrone's greatest ever and whether people dislike his behaviour now or not doesn't change what he did on the field.

Thebigdog

It always interests me to see how loyal Peter Canavan is to Mickey Harte. Fair play to him for his loyalty a suppose and a think it is something Harte has in his favour in Tyrone having the great one behind him. Although having heard story a few years ago about when Peter decided to call it a day at the 05 All Ireland banquet in a room full of people. Mickey apparently turned to someone at his table, someone in the circle at the time and said about Canavan  "who does that b think he is?"  That's the thanks you get Peter the great.

redzone

Quote from: longballin on May 19, 2018, 02:41:24 AM
Rewriting history there lads. Sean Cavanagh played for Tyrone u21s in 2002 when they were beaten in the all Ireland by Dublin. Plus he was a corner forward under McKenna and McCrory in 2002 so who converted him to a midfielder and then full forward? Or did Sean just take it upon himself to take those jerseys? As I say you boys love rewriting history to suit your agendas.

Hardly took a genius to move him out to midfield. Sean carried Tyrone over the line in 2008 All Ireland final and Harte then totally scapegoated him in his book after 2009 defeat. No gratitude or humility from Harte

Having had plenty opportunities to watch over this last 15 years the one thing about Sean Cavanagh is when Brian Dooher was on the team life was a lot easier.  Dooher did all the hard work and generally was instrumental in creating space and setting up good chances for Sean on a plate.  Sean relished that and delivered the big scores.  Without Dooher on the team Sean and Tyrone were less effective and just didn't perform on the big occasions.

We'll see how effective they are without Cavanagh. One of Tyrone's greatest ever and whether people dislike his behaviour now or not doesn't change what he did on the field.

Del I don't think anyone wouldn't acknowledge big Sean's role in Tyrone football. But you will have to admit yourself the timing stinks. I think he scored a last second goal for st pats in Mcrory final. Great goal, worth looking it up.

longballin

Quote from: redzone on May 19, 2018, 07:57:29 AM
Quote from: longballin on May 19, 2018, 02:41:24 AM

Del I don't think anyone wouldn't acknowledge big Sean's role in Tyrone football. But you will have to admit yourself the timing stinks. I think he scored a last second goal for st pats in Mcrory final. Great goal, worth looking it up.

Agreed though seems it's pay back time.

DEL

Yep if he was leading them out tomorrow and one of the past players were stirring the pot I wonder how he would feel. Think he's doing himself a great disservice and am sure the book will be no better with shite being drip fed from it before every tyrone game. Too found of the 💰

longballin

So Colm's out for tomorrow. Huge loss.

Club boi

Quote from: longballin on May 19, 2018, 03:55:39 PM

Rumours doing the rounds Colm may not even be in Healy park tomorrow. "Apparently" he and MH no longer a working relationship

Rumours

longballin

Quote from: Club boi on May 19, 2018, 10:00:54 PM

Rumours doing the rounds Colm may not even be in Healy park tomorrow. "Apparently" he and MH no longer a working relationship

Rumours

I'm just hearing injury

Redhand Santa

I'd be surprised if colm doesn't start. I actually think the team named will line out. Though it depends how fit McCann is.

BennyHarp

Rumours

Why do people even listen to this nonsense?
That was never a square ball!!

Tyrone Gaa

Soaked, sitting in traffic pissed off! Such a bad performance. Outclassed in every department. Colm Cavanagh wasn't fit and I didn't expect him to play despite being named on Thursday night. That's why I was so confident the 15 named wouldn't start (even it did).

It's obvious Harte doesn't have trust in the panel to bring boys in for the injured boys. If Mickey doesn't make the super 8s I hope his future is at least put to a vote. He's more concerned about the referendum on abortion
Living the dream!!!

Club boi

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 20, 2018, 04:29:02 PM

Rumours

Why do people even listen to this nonsense?

Costs nothing to listen. Completely non effective before pulled ashore

Surely R O'N has had enough chances by this stage. Simply doesn't cut it

Beat by a far superior team

southtyronegael

i hope your not laying the blame on ronan o neill, club boi? thats what your left with after  years of mickeys crap tactics, a shell of a once talented, promising player. just like cavanagh said.

The Trap

This board should get interesting for a few days.....wrong team picked......wrong tactics.. ....wrong subs.. ...oh aye wrong management......they were in the other dugout

longballin

Quote from: The Trap on May 20, 2018, 06:55:05 PM
This board should get interesting for a few days.....wrong team picked......wrong tactics.. ....wrong subs.. ...oh aye wrong management......they were in the other dugout

No we'll all pretend it's great.