Started by Dougal Maguire, November 25, 2018, 12:34:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trueblue1234

Quote from: The Bearded One on November 26, 2018, 12:16:15 PM
Quote from: screenexile on November 26, 2018, 11:14:04 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on November 26, 2018, 11:12:29 AM
Quote from: tyrone girl on November 26, 2018, 10:33:48 AM
Quote from: Puckoon on November 25, 2018, 02:32:54 PM
Is Spudz not around any longer? Just above Benedict's hotel?

Spudz was some spot

Nearly as good as Temps on Botanic.....

Esperantos or the Kam Wah??

You two must be around my own vintage! Holylands/Botanic Ave circa 2000-2004

99-03. Good times.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

imtommygunn

The Kamoi. I'd forgot about that place. It, esperantos and julies kitchen must be 3 of the worst take aways anywhere lol.

(Although I havenever found any supermacs too hot)

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 25, 2018, 12:54:08 AM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on November 25, 2018, 12:49:06 AM
Great Victoria St. Staying in Europa. There's more places to eat in the Square in Crossmaglen

Aye but would you survive if you ate from Min Jeu😂
Holy God, not a chance but I could blame the hangover
Careful now

Don Johnson

I was there 2003-2008, Spudz was still there at the start. Temps had sadly closed just as I was leaving though!

RedHand88

Quote from: tyrone girl on November 26, 2018, 12:28:38 PM
Kam wah!!!!  ;D I forgot about it

Yeah i left 2004 and spudz was still on the go

Spudz was still there in round 2008-9 too. What about bishops across the street from it? It's a sorry sight these days.

tiempo

So how did Renshaws come to close? Must have been a serious cash cow.

trailer

Is Julie's Kitchen or as we knew it Julie's Armpit still on the go? The Stinx (Sphinx) in Stranmillis was another place we frequented in our later years.

tyrone girl

Quote from: tiempo on November 26, 2018, 01:53:12 PM
So how did Renshaws come to close? Must have been a serious cash cow.

Not sure. Sanjay Declan and Co!! The good old days!

imtommygunn

Quote from: trailer on November 26, 2018, 01:54:17 PM
Is Julie's Kitchen or as we knew it Julie's Armpit still on the go? The Stinx (Sphinx) in Stranmillis was another place we frequented in our later years.

Julies Kitchen long gone though there are comparable replacements...

Sphnx still going strong and has opened up a few branches. (well there's at least two now anyway)

trueblue1234

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 26, 2018, 01:59:30 PM

Julies Kitchen long gone though there are comparable replacements...

Sphnx still going strong and has opened up a few branches. (well there's at least two now anyway)

I actually liked the Sphinx. Is Hungry Hound still about?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

imtommygunn

Yeah the sphinx gets rave reviews though not a massive fan myself. Hungry hound still going strong I think though I haven't been to it in years.

RedHand88

Sphinx going from strength to strength. Won NI kebab of the year recently. Biggest dort place about was the emerald. Got a few of them delivered to Palestine st in my day.

andoireabu

Lagan Palace, Ruschi and Together on the Ormeau Rd were handy on the walk from the Hatfield.  Was once told in a kebab shop up near the Union by the lad behind the till that I didn't want to know what was on the spit. Just had a large chip that night
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

WeeDonns

Kam wah! Now that's a blast from he past! Always preferred it over Temps across the road
Ate way too many Emerald Specials during my time up there

Belfast City council's "Scores on the Doors" came out when we were in final year; everywhere we ate regularly had zero

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 26, 2018, 04:06:14 PM
Yeah the sphinx gets rave reviews though not a massive fan myself. Hungry hound still going strong I think though I haven't been to it in years.

When my eldest was refusing to be born and I was stuck in the RVH all day I was starving. I asked the wee nurse for some toast but none was available. There was nothing for it other than to head over to Sphinx and get One on Chip!  Finished bit of food I ever had😂