New Saints

Started by DrinkingHarp, April 27, 2014, 09:17:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrinkingHarp

Anyone following the new Saints being inducted? Seems the Catholic Church is pushing the Theology Virtue a little quicker to push a PR agenda throughout the world quicker than normal.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

AZOffaly

Who are the new saints? Mother Teresa? John Paul 2? JP2 would be contentious given his alleged knowledge of the scandals which have been committed by his priests.

orangeman

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 27, 2014, 09:52:38 AM
Who are the new saints? Mother Teresa? John Paul 2? JP2 would be contentious given his alleged knowledge of the scandals which have been committed by his priests.

Paul xxiii and John Paul ii.

1.2 million ( a lot of poles ) in Rome currently.

T Fearon

Both have been responsible for miracles.The only hypocrisy is the attendance of Enda Kenny

J70

T Fearon

There was a lady who due to intercession 're John Paul II whose recovery from terminal illness confounded all expert medical opinion

DuffleKing

ONeill

St Brendan Rodgers?

Some fcukin miracle he's pulling off.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

T Fearon

What? Winning Premier league without Man Utd and Chelsea fielding a youth team today?

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on April 27, 2014, 10:33:57 AM
Both have been responsible for miracles.The only hypocrisy is the attendance of Enda Kenny

I agree, we should be boycotting any Vatican events until they release all the records they have on their abuse of our children.
MWWSI 2017

red hander

Was very disappointed when I opened this up and found it wasn't a Welsh football thread

BennyCake

Quote from: muppet on April 27, 2014, 02:21:26 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on April 27, 2014, 10:33:57 AM

I agree, we should be boycotting any Vatican events until they release all the records they have on their abuse of our children.

Terrible as it was, the Catholic Church has done a lot worse down the centuries.

Is not going to mass considered a boycott of a Vatican event? It is all run from there after all.

I think the thing is not to connect the Catholic Church and God. Boycotting mass because of the abuse thing is a nonsensical reason. Surely you go there to worship your god? What does it matter who says the mass?

magpie seanie

The very idea that God would want a group of men to dictate to the world exactly how and when they should worship Him is just bonkers. Organised religion is about controlling people. Power and greed unfortunately. The should facilitate peoples spirituality not offet a one size fits all approach.

Thought this was about the Welsh soccer club also....

magpie seanie

Also - looking forward to Fearon's response to Muppet.

give her dixie

John Paul played a major role in the abuse cover up, even thanking a Cardinal for not handing over an abusive priest. While millions will be made in souvenirs of these new "Saints", thousands of people worldwide are still suffering as a direct result of JP's  help in covering up the abuse they suffered.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/04/17/us-pope-abuse-cardinal-idUSTRE63G1SH20100417
next stop, September 10, for number 4......