Donegal v Tyrone Sun 17 May

Started by tyroneman, April 18, 2015, 07:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

omaghjoe

Quote from: The Bearded One on May 28, 2015, 12:21:11 PM
I see in today's Gaelic Life that Kevin Cassidy has addressed the claims that he abused Peter Harte in 2011 about Michaela's death. Some posters have accused him of hiding away from the current debate on 'sledging' but he has written a good column today.

I'll read that with interest!....got a link to the article?

shezam

Quote from: omaghjoe on May 28, 2015, 05:12:48 PM
Quote from: The Bearded One on May 28, 2015, 12:21:11 PM
I see in today's Gaelic Life that Kevin Cassidy has addressed the claims that he abused Peter Harte in 2011 about Michaela's death. Some posters have accused him of hiding away from the current debate on 'sledging' but he has written a good column today.

I'll read that with interest!....got a link to the article?

http://gaeliclife.com/2015/05/cassidy-sledging-victim-wanted-the-whole-matter-to-go-away/

omaghjoe

Looks like someone was telling him what to do J70 eh???

Wasn't a couple of weeks after I heard it... was the day after not much time to grow legs Kevin?

IMO he would have been better sayin nothing, Peter Harte has never opened his mouth on the subject and he's the only man who can actually clear his name so until then....

DermyTDredi

This thread needs to be deleted lads - its a lose:lose situation....the lack of respect it engenders and begrudgery is mental.
everyone is as innocent or as guilty as everyone else...close it down to f**k and move on

J70

Quote from: omaghjoe on May 28, 2015, 05:30:20 PM

Wasn't a couple of weeks after I heard it... was the day after not much time to grow legs Kevin?

IMO he would have been better sayin nothing, Peter Harte has never opened his mouth on the subject and he's the only man who can actually clear his name so until then....

Ok, someone told him Harte could get shaky with the frees if you gave him a bit of shit. And???

omaghjoe

Quote from: J70 on May 28, 2015, 06:16:16 PM

Ok, someone told him Harte could get shaky with the frees if you gave him a bit of shit. And???

Well since we've already established that sledging was coached within the Donegal camp. I'm just wondering who was ultimately pulling the strings? Do you have any idea on that?

Peter Harte did not have form on collapsing under pressure. He's a level headed guy, who could have supposed that he would? What to say to him to make him do that? Who would have been the resident expert in the Donegal team at getting inside sportmen's heads

J70

Quote from: omaghjoe on May 28, 2015, 06:36:23 PM

Well since we've already established that sledging was coached within the Donegal camp. I'm just wondering who was ultimately pulling the strings? Do you have any idea on that?

Peter Harte did not have form on collapsing under pressure. He's a level headed guy, who could have supposed that he would? What to say to him to make him do that? Who would have been the resident expert in the Donegal team at getting inside sportmen's heads

I'm not privy to what did or does go on in the Donegal camp or with Peter Harte ' s psyche. I'm pretty level headed myself,  but I could see me getting rattled in a setting like that, especially as young as Harte was.

But go ahead and tell us.

And then go apply the same standards of speculation to Tyrone's various teams.

omaghjoe

Quote from: J70 on May 28, 2015, 07:01:33 PM

I'm not privy to what did or does go on in the Donegal camp or with Peter Harte ' s psyche.

I was asking you, if you dont know that's fine

But lets look at the facts regarding Donegal sledging:

• Cassidy said that sledging was alien to him.
  • He says they were coached.
  • He was told to target a specific player. 
  • He also became very effective at it very quickly.

None of that is speculation

J70

Quote from: omaghjoe on May 28, 2015, 08:09:37 PM

I'm not privy to what did or does go on in the Donegal camp or with Peter Harte ' s psyche.

And for all we know a team mate played against Harte underage and observed him and told Cassidy. Or someone spoke to a friend from Tyrone or another county team.

One can see why McGuinness would be justifiably  upset with Bogue.

Jinxy

Cassidy is 100% right about the way these things can grow legs, usually on the back of some spoofer who likes to let on he has the inside track telling other lads in the pub what REALLY happened.
The same thing happened with Martin O'Connell in '96 when he had scurrilous accusations levelled against him in the aftermath of the All-Ireland final.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

omaghjoe

Quote from: J70 on May 28, 2015, 08:25:31 PM

And for all we know a team mate played against Harte underage and observed him and told Cassidy. Or someone spoke to a friend from Tyrone or another county team.

Ok, So research and premeditation into opponents you feel you could add to that as well? I'll have to stop you tho cos that's a presumption, there is no evidence for that.

Of course JMG was upset, the cat was very nearly outta the bag, so considering his personality type u can't blame him. Have you seen those clips of the rage Hilter flew into when he realised the game was up?
Don't feel sorry for Bogue tho, but then can you imagine the hairdryer treatment big Durcan got last September.....

omaghjoe

Quote from: Jinxy on May 28, 2015, 08:58:13 PM
Cassidy is 100% right about the way these things can grow legs, usually on the back of some spoofer who likes to let on he has the inside track telling other lads in the pub what REALLY happened.
The same thing happened with Martin O'Connell in '96 when he had scurrilous accusations levelled against him in the aftermath of the All-Ireland final.

Except all the evidence anyone needed was there on the TV, he held down Brian Dooher's head and stamped on it. Have you not seen it yet?

INDIANA

Quote from: J70 on May 28, 2015, 08:25:31 PM

Jimmy was upset because the truth came out

Fuzzman

It reminds me of that great scene from one of my favourite movies A few good men.
The colonel says...And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way.

McGuinness and Harte are two men in my eyes who have a lot in common with Col Jessup.
You want them on your side as they know how to get the job done. They walk the walk and don't just talk the talk like many pundits.
Brian Cody is another who knows what is needed to win no matter what.

So I can see Jim's anger with Cassidy who I believe persuaded him to come back into the squad after he was gonna leave and won him an AI medal having come from nowhere.
Then like Kaffee(Cruise) he then leaks very sensitive details and questions some of the things that brought them to the Silver Chalice.
Is Geezer the next to have these attributes?
You need a very loyal army though and some good attacking weapons.

StephenC