Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

delgany

Quote from: Barnster on August 16, 2022, 02:57:15 PM
On the inspections is it not undermined when schools get notice?

That is correct, usually two weeks notice. As said previously, a lot of northern schools are self evaluative and they outline to ETI - what they have been improving in school. ETI will evolve into a quality assurance / consultancy approach in the next 18 months. Afaik, school inspections in the South are in their infancy - so can't comment

Itchy

Quote from: delgany on August 16, 2022, 04:03:46 PM

That is correct, usually two weeks notice. As said previously, a lot of northern schools are self evaluative and they outline to ETI - what they have been improving in school. ETI will evolve into a quality assurance / consultancy approach in the next 18 months. Afaik, school inspections in the South are in their infancy - so can't comment

I am guessing you are a teacher? A simple question for you, what would happen in your school if a teacher repeatedly turned up late - for arguments sake, lets say 20 to 30 mins late, every couple of days. And lets assume that this particular teacher continued to do this over and over and over. Talk me through how the school would deal with this where it would end up if the teacher continued to do this.

If you want, I can then outline exactly what would happen in the company I work

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Itchy on August 16, 2022, 04:11:44 PM

I am guessing you are a teacher? A simple question for you, what would happen in your school if a teacher repeatedly turned up late - for arguments sake, lets say 20 to 30 mins late, every couple of days. And lets assume that this particular teacher continued to do this over and over and over. Talk me through how the school would deal with this where it would end up if the teacher continued to do this.

Would he lose his job and then get another job somewhere else?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Itchy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 16, 2022, 04:20:40 PM

Would he lose his job and then get another job somewhere else?

If you want to answer my question, even though it wasn't addressed to you, knock yourself out. But answering a question with a question is just bad manners.

Barnster

He knows no other way all bullshit and bluster.

delgany

They would be told to shape up (...buy a decent car)  or ship out ta fck !

Barnster

Would that be in the official guidelines, I am sure the union rep would be by their side in a heartbeat.

Itchy

Quote from: delgany on August 16, 2022, 04:34:39 PM

They would be told to shape up (...buy a decent car)  or ship out ta fck !

Was that a serious answer to my question? If you did that you would be breaking the law and would have your ass sued for unfair dismissal. Do you want to have another go?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Barnster on August 16, 2022, 04:32:43 PM

Says the man who I'm still waiting on numerous answers from numerous names on this board. There are clowns then we have you Coco the biggest clown on the board, by a good distance

For itchy
Where I worked as a teacher if I repeatedly turned up late I'd be asked to leave at some point. As management I'd be asking why? Is there anything we could do to solve this, but seeing as your a top bloke you'll probably let them go and get someone who'll be on time
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tonto1888

What has a hypothetical situation got to do with anything?

Itchy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 16, 2022, 06:42:13 PM

Says the man who I'm still waiting on numerous answers from numerous names on this board. There are clowns then we have you Coco the biggest clown on the board, by a good distance

For itchy
Where I worked as a teacher if I repeatedly turned up late I'd be asked to leave at some point. As management I'd be asking why? Is there anything we could do to solve this, but seeing as your a top bloke you'll probably let them go and get someone who'll be on time

You'd be asked to leave at some point? Is that a serious answer. You couldn't possibly be that stupid.

Itchy

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 16, 2022, 07:19:45 PM

What has a hypothetical situation got to do with anything?

Quite a lot actually when you compare how a teacher and a private sector worker would be treated for the same thing.

So far I've got one teacher say the teacher in my example would be told to fcuk off and a former teacher says he would be asked to leave at some point. Both show complete and total ignorance of employment law and mean that neither respondents have a clue what they are on about, probably because neither has ever seen a disciplinary process in action. That of course is because they are/were teachers.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Itchy on August 16, 2022, 09:36:09 PM

For itchy

You'd be asked to leave at some point? Is that a serious answer. You couldn't possibly be that stupid.

I'd imagine if I get enough written warnings then I'd be gone. How else would it work?

It seems your knowledge of teaching disciplinary systems are better than teachers

Itchy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 16, 2022, 09:47:14 PM
Quote from: Itchy on August 16, 2022, 09:36:09 PM

For itchy

I'd imagine if I get enough written warnings then I'd be gone. How else would it work?

It seems your knowledge of teaching disciplinary systems are better than teachers

You imagine? What's in your disciplinary procedure from your teaching job?

Milltown Row2

I'm out of teaching 8 years I couldn't tell ya as I was never had disciplinary issues, no reason to look into it but in my place during my time there was someone who lost his job, was for missing days not being late. Another lost his job for stealing, crazy..

What's your disciplinary procedures? Do you try and help them or just get rid?