Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: FermGael on December 21, 2020, 10:45:33 PM
It is done at GCSE and A Level. No doubt .

But many pupils get their GCSEs without it as well
I don't think thats the case with the current 11 plus .

I didn't pay for a tutor for my oldest two and they both passed that GL thing and are at a Grammar school. In fairness the local primary school teacher is very good at the exam prep.

They get the same support from me and their mum now with their homework as they did when preparing for the entrance exam and neither of us are teachers.

You can't be tutoring kids forever so they need to learn a work ethic and find their own level as at some point they'll have to paddle their own canoe.

ONeill

Surely CCEA will spend the next few days making some sensible decisions.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

JimStynes

Quote from: ONeill on December 30, 2020, 08:52:34 PM
Surely CCEA will spend the next few days making some sensible decisions.

Whatever decisions are made, they need to let people know ASAP!

Seaney

Seaney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 21, 2020, 08:18:07 PM
Quote from: FermGael on December 21, 2020, 08:11:54 PM
Always has been a class thing.

So all the kids that did the transfer test that went to St Finians primary school on the Falls rd (when I did it 1981) without a pot to piss in, holes in their shoes, done it, passed (3/4of them) and went to grammar school because it was a class thing?

I doubt you could pass water.

ONeill

What will happen to possible swathes of pupils unable to sit transfer or GSCE modules in Jan?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

marty34

Quote from: ONeill on December 30, 2020, 09:57:42 PM
What will happen to possible swathes of pupils unable to sit transfer or GSCE modules in Jan?

In Weir we trust!

FermGael

Weirs plan , and I may be wrong here, seems to be to bring the exam classes in next week at secondary.  Leave the rest remote learning. Primary schools shut for a week extra and then back
That means they can obviously do their GCSE modules and grammars will be open for the 11 plus.

The elephant in the room is that we can't put these pupils into bubbles at secondary level and these are more than likely going to be the pupils that are at most risk of carrying the virus ?
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Seaney

The online teaching I expect to be as pathetic as last lockdown!

Jim Bob

Has Weir an aversion to hairbrushes or combs?
His mammy should spray his hair before he goes out of a morning..

armaghniac

Quote from: Jim Bob on December 31, 2020, 12:43:26 PM

What you can say about the DUP is that they are not sneaking off to illegal hair salons.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on December 31, 2020, 01:48:37 PM
Quote from: Jim Bob on December 31, 2020, 12:43:26 PM

What you can say about the DUP is that they are not sneaking off to illegal hair salons.

You only have to look at Nasty Nick to see hair salons are not high on the DUP list.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trailer

Some mess closing these schools. We haven't heard from ours. No plan for tomorrow. Don't know how I am meant to work from home and school children.
A complete shit show.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: trailer on January 03, 2021, 08:04:56 PM
Some mess closing these schools. We haven't heard from ours. No plan for tomorrow. Don't know how I am meant to work from home and school children.
A complete shit show.

Same. Wife is essential I'm not but required to work so no arrangements made atm

Seaney

A lot of teachers are looking at their civil servant colleagues, seeing they are doing f**k all and getting paid and want the same. The children's wellbeing is far from the thought process, unions are a plague on society.