Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobra

A lot of Teachers applying pressure on the Minister to close schools early just in case there might be a positive test in their class and they end up having to isolate over Christmas. Hard to have much sympathy for them when that's the attitude they're taking to children's education.

JimStynes

Quote from: Cobra on December 10, 2020, 08:52:53 AM
A lot of Teachers applying pressure on the Minister to close schools early just in case there might be a positive test in their class and they end up having to isolate over Christmas. Hard to have much sympathy for them when that's the attitude they're taking to children's education.

Half my class aren't coming in so it's hardly just the teachers.

Jeepers Creepers

Hearing more & more nursery/primary schools saying coming in next week not compulsary. Work colleague saying her sons primary school principle saying he wasn't sending his kids to school so doesn't expect others?? Surely thats alot of pressure on people who have to work?

JimStynes

The ones that have to work will just send their kids to school. The ones that want to isolate then don't send them to school. I don't see the issue.

delgany

"Alot of teachers.." equates to a Stephen Nolan level of forensic journalism !

FermGael

That's very True. 
Not like their are GCSE/11plus exams coming up after Christmas and teachers need the pupils in class.

Being able to stream Disney + this year on C2k has been a big bonus....
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

JimStynes

Anyone finishing early or this Friday? I'm in until Tuesday. Just waiting on getting a call from a parent that their child has tested positive.

FermGael

We are in until Monday and have a 10% attendance figure today
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

JimStynes

Quote from: FermGael on December 16, 2020, 12:05:07 PM
We are in until Monday and have a 10% attendance figure today

I'd be happy enough with that. I've 26 in my class today ffs.

imtommygunn

If a child tests positive in your class is that you in isolation for 2 weeks? (well 10 days now it seems?)

Is that everyone in the class in isolation?

JimStynes

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 16, 2020, 12:15:35 PM
If a child tests positive in your class is that you in isolation for 2 weeks? (well 10 days now it seems?)

Yeah! Usually this is a handy week but this year it's a constant dread of someone testing positive.

Seaney

It depends, a child tested positive in my youngest class, all rang at 9am on Monday and told to get her, only to be sent message on school app next day to say as the child tested positive over the weekend, everyone back!

Itchy

Would that not depend on whether you are a close contact. I mean you should be wearing a mask and keeping distance, no? I know you may have some people who are closer and as a precaution you may go into isolation. But in general, the whole thing is built on people behaviours and it should really be dependent on the individual. 
My daughter is at a school where one teacher is constantly picking up their things and putting down again, almost like she is trying to make sure she will be a close contact if the time comes! Vast Majority are much more disciplined.

JimStynes

Quote from: Itchy on December 16, 2020, 12:24:03 PM

Would that not depend on whether you are a close contact. I mean you should be wearing a mask and keeping distance, no? I know you may have some people who are closer and as a precaution you may go into isolation. But in general, the whole thing is built on people behaviours and it should really be dependent on the individual. 
My daughter is at a school where one teacher is constantly picking up their things and putting down again, almost like she is trying to make sure she will be a close contact if the time comes! Vast Majority are much more disciplined.

Depends on the age group. The majority of primary schools classes it would be very difficult to keep your distance from the children at all times. And it is virtually impossible to keep the children away from each other.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seaney on December 16, 2020, 12:21:15 PM

It depends, a child tested positive in my youngest class, all rang at 9am on Monday and told to get her, only to be sent message on school app next day to say as the child tested positive over the weekend, everyone back!

So Covid only works at the weekend? The child could not have caught it before the weekend but the result came in at the weekend?

This covid is a slippery shit
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea