Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Gaffer

Quote from: JimStynes on February 13, 2016, 06:31:54 AM
Quote from: Gaffer on February 13, 2016, 12:18:52 AM
Quote from: JimStynes on February 12, 2016, 11:43:32 PM
The amount of paperwork is getting ridiculous. Had an inspection at the start of the month and got a 'very good' but we now have more paperwork to do. Do any of the older/more experienced teachers see the increased amount of paper work leading to better results? Do children actually learn more now than they did 20 years ago. Spend most of my time finding 'evidence of learning' and doing paperwork rather than teaching ffs.

Surely with the inspection over youse will go a bit easy on the paperwork !!

You would think that indeed! But no, ETI said we need to change to weekly evaluations and load of other stupid things.

Sure they ll not be out for minimum 3 years if you got the 'very good'

Off to the pub with ye!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

ONeill

JimStynes

It's here and primary school. They come back to you in 18 months if you get outstanding or very good! 4 inspectors visited our school and 3 of them were ex secondary school teachers.

Gaffer

Quote from: JimStynes on February 13, 2016, 01:09:09 PM
It's here and primary school. They come back to you in 18 months if you get outstanding or very good! 4 inspectors visited our school and 3 of them were ex secondary school teachers.

Pile of schools in my area got O/S - VG within the past 3/4 years. Not one of them that received that follow up visit which is more talked about than anything. I have heard of 1 or 2 schools having got it but majority haven't. ETI don't have the manpower to carry out what they would like to. So basically what I am saying is.... Switch off computer and hit pub!

ONeill

Holy smokes. We had 1993, then 2010.

JimStynes

Quote from: Gaffer on February 13, 2016, 01:17:06 PM

Pile of schools in my area got O/S - VG within the past 3/4 years. Not one of them that received that follow up visit which is more talked about than anything. I have heard of 1 or 2 schools having got it but majority haven't. ETI don't have the manpower to carry out what they would like to. So basically what I am saying is.... Switch off computer and hit pub!

This is a thing they are trying for a few years and only schools that are inspected within certain years have to do this. They come back for a one day follow up visit!  The stupid thing is if you get a 'good' they don't come back near you!! My sister's school got satisfactory and they have been back to her school every few months this school year.

JimStynes

Quote from: ONeill on February 13, 2016, 01:24:49 PM

Holy smokes. We had 1993, then 2010.
It has been an average of every 7 years for all the primary schools near me. I know of 5 who have been inspected from December until now. I was in another school last year and had an inspection last January as well! 2 in 2 years ffs. Some luck. Anyway, permanent now so hopefully don't need to worry about another full inspection for a good few years.

Gaffer

Quote from: JimStynes on February 13, 2016, 02:03:45 PM

This is a thing they are trying for a few years and only schools that are inspected within certain years have to do this. They come back for a one day follow up visit!  The stupid thing is if you get a 'good' they don't come back near you!! My sister's school got satisfactory and they have been back to her school every few months this school year.

But what I am saying is.... Most of the schools who have had an inspection within the past 3/4 years and achieved O/S to Good have NOT received that one day follow up you talk about. The ETI would like to but haven't the manpower!

JimStynes

Quote from: Gaffer on February 13, 2016, 02:39:08 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on February 13, 2016, 02:03:45 PM

But what I am saying is.... Most of the schools who have had an inspection within the past 3/4 years and achieved O/S to Good have NOT received that one day follow up you talk about. The ETI would like to but haven't the manpower!
I hope you're right! Our boss is already on about their return visit and fixing this and that before they arrive.

Gaffer

Take him to the pub with ye!

Farrandeelin

Quote from: hardstation on February 12, 2016, 11:53:31 PM
CTL + C
CTL + V

I tried that on my fortnightlies for LS. Principal not happy.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

JimStynes

What's the craic in De La Salle? A third of teaching staff walking out amongst other things.

Saffrongael

Quote from: JimStynes on March 17, 2016, 06:42:48 PM
What's the craic in De La Salle? A third of teaching staff walking out amongst other things.

They obviously don't give a shit about the pupils
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Gaffer

Quote from: Saffrongael on March 17, 2016, 06:51:55 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on March 17, 2016, 06:42:48 PM

They obviously don't give a shit about the pupils

Do the management of the school care about the pupils?