Mourinho - Brilliant

Started by SLIGONIAN, February 27, 2011, 11:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SLIGONIAN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDOKCf0igbw

In a weekend where every team i support and play with got pasted, this cheered me up, worthy of a thread of its own, ive always liked this man, legend imo.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

ONeill

That is class. You wouldn't see McGeeney do thon.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ross4life

The kids are so cute! i can't imagine Brian Cody or Jack O Connor doing that before a big game.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ONeill

ross4life

Quote from: ONeill on February 28, 2011, 12:25:43 AM
Eh? Why are the kids "cute"?

common its the innocence... it wouldn't look the same if he did that with the lyon players
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Hardy

He acknowledges the kids. Big deal. What has the world become if this is remarkable, never mind "worthy of a thread on its own".

JimStynes

Quote from: Hardy on February 28, 2011, 12:38:31 AM
He acknowledges the kids. Big deal. What has the world become if this is remarkable, never mind "worthy of a thread on its own".

exactly what i was thinking.

ONeill

Quote from: Hardy on February 28, 2011, 12:38:31 AM

When have you seen any GAA player/manager acknowledge kids, with millions watching, like that? (usually zoned in?)

Or any other professional sportsman?

Hardy

I wouldn't have taken any notice.

ONeill

Quote from: Hardy on February 28, 2011, 12:45:01 AM

(Poor response) Because it doesn't happen.

The Real Laoislad

That's excellent fair play to Jose.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Hardy

Quote from: ONeill on February 28, 2011, 12:46:59 AM

Sorry about the quality of my response. To what standard should I aspire?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Hardy on February 28, 2011, 09:13:07 AM
Quote from: ONeill on February 28, 2011, 12:46:59 AM

Sorry about the quality of my response. To what standard should I aspire?

Because it is so unusual in a world of over paid and over hyped prima donnas, it is noteworthy that someone shows a human side.  Whether he played it for the cameras or not he would have made the day for the young kids.  Fair dues to him I say and a nice little side story at a time of doom and gloom.

Denn Forever

That put a smile on my face.

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

NAG1

Always says alot I think for these big games when there is a mascot or two for the captain to lead out, when they take a bit of time and actually speak to the kids before or on the way out. I think it reflects very well on the person involved, BOD is very good at it, have noticed Rio doing it a few times when he capatined United.

Just when you think about it, if it was your kid, how good would it be for them first off to be a mascot and the secondly for their idol to actually take a few seconds and make the effort to speak to them How made up would they not be?

IMO says alot about the person when they are focused on a game to be able to do that.