Admission prices for County Finals

Started by Bacon, October 09, 2007, 08:15:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bacon

What do the various county Boards charge into the county finals and what do you get for your money?
Admission to the Down football final in Newry was £10. For that you got the MFC Final and the SFC final. Not bad value. It was £7 into the SHC/u16HC double header. Again good value.

Antrim run the SFC and SHC as a double header and charge £10. Great value in my opinion. Was the story elsewhere?
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

Declan

Never pay for the kids - over the stile you go

Declan

QuoteWould be hard enough lifting a 14 year old plus over!
:D

Bogball XV

£10 a head in Derrry, that'll be the county minor and senior finals - bit pricey imo, worse is that the county hurling final was £10 too even though it was a double header with a div 5 league play off - and they wonder why about 600 turned up!!

Balboa

Slightly off topic, but do you lads get a receipt/ticket going into the ground? I dont think i have ever got a ticket going to a match in Casement, on Sunday there were about 8000 people at the hurling final but you dont get a ticket when you pay in..... Now if i was a cynic........

Armagh Exile

Armagh County Finals, Senior & Minor Football £10 plus a colour 48 page programme and if you were there early also included a seat in the covered stand.
Excellent value I think.

Davitt Man

The Sligo county final last sunday which was on TV had a 20euro admission fee. The minor game preceded the senior game, 20 quid is very steep

The Mayo Senior & Intermediate final was 15euro

David McKeown

I was refused student rate in euros at the armagh county final and as i didnt have the sterling on me I had to pay 15 Euro and didnt get a programme.  I thought it was quite expensive
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

magpie seanie

€20 was a disgrace for the Sligo minor/senior football finals in my book. It appears this was discussed at a county board meeting and they said that they had checked with other counties and the price was about average. This thread questions that.

From the Bunker

Had this discussion a few weeks back on intercounty game charges! It is an area i feel that is getting abused and will be the downfall of the GAA as their pride was always at local level. A few years ago there was a Railway cup game in Castlebar where they charged 300 people to get in. Would have been better to have said FREE Railway game, as it would have attracted a bigger curious crowd and promoted an ailing competition!

Smiler An Dun

the pricing in this years Down championship has baffled me.  the club was involved in a preliminary round game that finished in a draw.  Was £5 into that match and £5 into the replay.  They were evening matches and were the only games on at the venue.  In the next round played on a Sunday afternoon at a different club venue (and again the only match at the venue) the admission was £3.

The semifinal which was played as part of a double header in Newry was £10 into the stand.  At the county final on Sunday, the ticket I purchased for the stand was £12 and that was for three matches as there was a hurling game on prior to the minor final (and we also had the official opening of Pairc Esler)

the ship

10 euro for the mayo hurling final last saturday

Leo

This is 2008. £10 for any county final (nearly all of which have 2 games on) is CHEAP! Compare with any other sports event, even the local nightclub or cinema.
An extra £2 for the stand at Newry is ridiculously cheap for one of the best grandstand seats in the country.
Incidentally would someone talk to the Newry Reporter GAA correspondent who failed to even mention the official opening in this week's paper never mind have a pic of Nicky Brennan etc. No mention also of the special needs exhibition which was a treat and a credit to the mentors involved.
Fierce tame altogether

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Armagh Exile on October 09, 2007, 12:05:06 PM
Armagh County Finals, Senior & Minor Football £10 plus a colour 48 page programme and if you were there early also included a seat in the covered stand.
Excellent value I think.

What! I'd to pay for my programme??
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Guillem2

Quote from: Leo on October 10, 2007, 12:28:16 PM
No mention also of the special needs exhibition which was a treat and a credit to the mentors involved.

Was that the mini riot behind the goals in the second half?

I agree £10 is good value but don't say it too loud or the feckers will stick the prices up!
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.