The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: J70 on May 01, 2019, 11:08:02 PM
Nothing to lose now. Might as well go nuts and win 3-2 on the night.

Or lose 3-2.

Are you not tired of playing great and missing out? Huge step up from finishing from fourth last year to a whisker away from winning the league (still a chance still though) Spurs play great football at times too and these last few years I'd say they've been as attractive as Liverpool but nothing to show for it.

But yes go all out next week, Barca haven't won since 2015, they've lost leads also but I thought going to Barca and leaving yourself wide open is football suicide
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RedHand88

Capt Pat

What a frustrating night for Liverpool. We had 3/4 good chances and didn't take any of them. 2 of those chances from Mane and milner would have completely changed the game if we had taken them. The other best chance the Firminho/Salah miss would have kept the tie alive. Still you never know what might happen if Liverpool take their chances early in the return leg. Look what Utd managed to do against a far superior PSG team. Barcelona were not a far superior team to liverpool tonight and look what they achieved.

Itchy

Quote from: Capt Pat on May 01, 2019, 11:53:38 PM
What a frustrating night for Liverpool. We had 3/4 good chances and didn't take any of them. 2 of those chances from Mane and milner would have completely changed the game if we had taken them. The other best chance the Firminho/Salah miss would have kept the tie alive. Still you never know what might happen if Liverpool take their chances early in the return leg. Look what Utd managed to do against a far superior PSG team. Barcelona were not a far superior team to liverpool tonight and look what they achieved.

Barca could've scored 6 thoigh. I see no way Liverpool can win this, in fact I'd say Barca will score first. How lucky we are to live in a generation that gave us Messi. Didn't even reach near his best put still take some minding.

J70

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 01, 2019, 11:23:14 PM
Quote from: J70 on May 01, 2019, 11:08:02 PM
Nothing to lose now. Might as well go nuts and win 3-2 on the night.

Or lose 3-2.

Are you not tired of playing great and missing out? Huge step up from finishing from fourth last year to a whisker away from winning the league (still a chance still though) Spurs play great football at times too and these last few years I'd say they've been as attractive as Liverpool but nothing to show for it.

But yes go all out next week, Barca haven't won since 2015, they've lost leads also but I thought going to Barca and leaving yourself wide open is football suicide

I don't see it as having nothing to show. Liverpool were on their knees this time four years ago. 6-1 to Stoke. And it got worse with Rogers bringing in Benteke that summer and cluelessly playing Firmino wing back. Klopp came in and has gradually turned them into very serious contenders while playing excellent football. It's not his fault City are what they are. He might never win the league or the Champions League (I don't give two fucks about the league cup or FA Cup), but at least they're going close and looking like they will for the next few seasons. That is something that they've not done for decades. To me it looks like they're just getting started. I see no reason to be down hearted over Liverpool, only completely optimistic.

gawa316

Hard one to take that, 3 nil is a very harsh scoreline.

Thought we did a great job on Messi up until their second, but the fella is the best ever and he showed it.

gawa316

Quote from: laoislad on May 01, 2019, 10:02:24 PM
Quote from: GJL on May 01, 2019, 09:38:21 PM
;D
Good man, a fella who made such a fool of himself on here he went and changed his username. A fella who hasn't been seen on his own thread after the battering his own team got against teams like Everton.. You're as much a gobshite  as that Over the Bar ass wipe. Must be a Tyrone thing..

GJL why did you change your username?

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Armamike

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 02, 2019, 07:49:32 AM
Atta boy GJL.  ;D

Not many sides go to the Nou Camp and play the way Liverpool did last night for long spells.  At times we looked like the home side.  Unfortunately good chances were made and weren't taken.  That's the crux.
Liverpool will have a good go at Anfield but hard to see them not scoring a couple of themselves, punishing on the break.   
That's just, like your opinion man.

Maroon Manc

I didn't expect that result, genuinely thought Liverpool would get a good result last night. Liverpool had some great chances but thought Barca looked dangerous all night apart from the first 20 minutes after half time, Semedo coming on was a brilliant tactical switch from Valverde.

It was the most open I'd seen Liverpool all season, they could have conceded a lot more goals with better final balls even during the first half. He made a mistake starting Gomez but it was probably the first time all season where's Liverpool lack of quality backup for the front 3 came to fruition. I know he's got criticism for starting 4 central midfielders but not sure what other options he had, squad doesn't have the same quality City's has.

kerryforsam19

Another walk over for pool.  Newcastle defence look like their on summer holiday already.  Pool could win this 4/5 1.

laoislad

Its far from a walk over. Newcastle look dangerous when they attack, and Lovern is having one of his dodgy nights.
Will need another goal to win this I think.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

kerryforsam19

Rondon is a awful player.  Poor touch there.

Over the Bar

Quote from: laoislad on May 04, 2019, 08:48:12 PM
Its far from a walk over. Newcastle look dangerous when they attack, and Lovern is having one of his dodgy nights.
Will need another goal to win this I think.

Surely Rafa wouldn't be the man to shit on your hopes??

imtommygunn

Come on what are those 8 bars??