?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

JimStynes

Quote from: sid waddell on February 28, 2021, 09:50:26 PM
Somewhere on the internet there's a Hull City fan ranting about Liverpool getting Andy Robertson for £8m rather than £80m

They should have held off and waited for at least 40million.

And of course KT had a medal in his pocket for 8 years. He played for Celtic. It's only them or Rangers to compete against and Rangers weren't there for a lot of those medals.

Angelo

Quote from: JimStynes on February 28, 2021, 10:09:09 PM
Somewhere on the internet there's a Hull City fan ranting about Liverpool getting Andy Robertson for £8m rather than £80m

And of course KT had a medal in his pocket for 8 years. He played for Celtic. It's only them or Rangers to compete against and Rangers weren't there for a lot of those medals.

Sigh.

The so called Celtic fan who runs the club down at every opportunity.

If you had any football knowledge at all you'd know how good a player Tierney was and it was a derisory fee for a 21 year old star player who was tied down on a long term contract.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

JimStynes

Quote from: Angelo on February 28, 2021, 10:16:24 PM

Sigh.

If you had any football knowledge at all you'd know how good a player Tierney was and it was a derisory fee for a 21 year old star player who was tied down on a long term contract.

I know how good a player he was and is. My point is if Messi was playing for Celtic they wouldn't have got the money he's worth because it's Scotland. Star player in small league goes to a team for a certain value, when he plays for a team in a big league his value goes up. I don't understand how you can't see that. You're making silly comments about him having a medal in his pocket for 8 years in a row. So what. Plenty of shite players had medals in their pocket during those years too as it was a 1 horse race. Facts.

ONeill

Would love to see Messi getting wired into a battered Mars Bar though.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

screenexile

Chilwell was £50m and an England International... Tierney is Scotland's 2nd choice left back.

Don't get me wrong he's an excellent player but stop making up stupid figures for his transfer £25m is exactly what he was worth at the time. A player is only worth what someone wants to pay for him and there are plenty of clubs who could have paid more than Arsenal but didn't because he wasn't worth it!

Angelo

Quote from: JimStynes on February 28, 2021, 10:27:35 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 28, 2021, 10:16:24 PM

Sigh.

I know how good a player he was and is. My point is if Messi was playing for Celtic they wouldn't have got the money he's worth because it's Scotland. Star player in small league goes to a team for a certain value, when he plays for a team in a big league his value goes up. I don't understand how you can't see that. You're making silly comments about him having a medal in his pocket for 8 years in a row. So what. Plenty of shite players had medals in their pocket during those years too as it was a 1 horse race. Facts.

Grand if they are not willing to pay the price then why sell him?

At the end of the day, Celtic have set the precedent for getting made mugs of by EPL clubs.

The likes of Villa are happy to go out and spend £35m on a 24 year old striker who has never played top flight football, has never played international football at any age group, who has never played and European football. There's countless examples of it, the donkey McBurnie at Sheffield United cost £20m. West Ham paid £25m for your man Bowen.

The EPL is awash with money and Celtic are just happy to take it.

Rangers on the other hand won't sell their players on the cheap. The sad thing is Morelos will go for more than Edouard now and he's half the player, he's older, his discipline is a liability and he struggles in big games.

We know the value of Tierney, so why did we sell him off on the cheap? We didn't need to, he was tied on a long term contract, we have £20m in the bank, he's a boyhood Celtic fan who came up through the youth ranks and a consummate professional so he wasn't going to force through the move had we rejected Arsenal's advances.

It's about time Desmond either stumped or fucked off. If I was an Edouard or an Ajer at Celtic, I'd very unhappy with how I've been taken advantage of at the club. It's nothing new with Celtic, the same thing happened under McCann when we refused to pay top quality players like Van Hooijdonk and Di Canio what they were worth.

Angelo

Quote from: screenexile on February 28, 2021, 10:31:44 PM
Chilwell was £50m and an England International... Tierney is Scotland's 2nd choice left back.

Don't get me wrong he's an excellent player but stop making up stupid figures for his transfer £25m is exactly what he was worth at the time. A player is only worth what someone wants to pay for him and there are plenty of clubs who could have paid more than Arsenal but didn't because he wasn't worth it!

Woopdie f**king doooo.

An English international, Chilwell is f**king shit. Tierney is a far superior player.

£25m is a bog standard fee for an EPL left back.

Tierney is the best left back in the league. He is not the second choice left back for Scotland. He's actually fills in as a left sided back or a right back as he is more complete footballer than Robertson and much more versatile.

In order for a player to leave, they have agree a fee with a club. Anyone who know anything about football would agree that £25m was derisory for Tierney given the circumstances, his age, his contract situation, his ability, his attitude. All top class, I never doubted for a second that he would go on and prove himself as one of the best defenders in the league. I'll say the same for Edouard, after he leaves Celtic this summer for a derisory fee he will join another EPL club for £40-50m no problem.

Celtic should be doing what Rangers are doing across the city, get their players committed on long term contracts and pay them what their worth. Then when clubs come sniffing for them they tell them that we know he's a £40m player so pay it. We can see EPL clubs have no problem pumping that money up for some chump from the Championship so they can pay it if they want the player. Otherwise they can get fucked.

Morelos is the highest paid player in Scottish football.

Main Street

Quote from: Angelo on February 28, 2021, 10:06:11 PM
Quote from: Main Street on February 28, 2021, 09:42:05 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 28, 2021, 09:30:39 PM
Quote from: Main Street on February 28, 2021, 09:27:05 PM
Wasn't Tierney injured when transferred to Arsenal  and he's  been plagued with injuries ever since?
Arsenal took a gamble on his physical fitness and he's turned out to be a mixed bag, oft injured but a class act when match fit.

He's played 50 games for Arsenal to date.

220 club career appearances at the age of 23.

8 consecutive seasons with a medal in his pocket.

Arsenal didn't take a gamble. £25m is modest for Arsenal. They got one of the best left backs in the world for an absolute snip in today's market.

He's started 33 league games for Arsenal  since season 2019/20,   that's 33 games out of 100+.
Thats a piss poor starting statistic for a superb left back.
Credit to Kieran to keep coming back and still improving his game.

He's played 33 league games out of 64.

He had hip surgery to correct a long standing problem then dislocated his shoulder early on for Arsenal, since then he has been available regularly.
Since the return from the unfortunate  shoulder injury  he's been injured for 9 out of 24 this season. Is it time to cry out  "he's cured now"? Or should  Robertson be considered  ahead of him  seeing as he just misses out on average 1 or 2 games a season.

Angelo

Quote from: Main Street on March 01, 2021, 12:58:04 AM
Quote from: Angelo on February 28, 2021, 10:06:11 PM
Quote from: Main Street on February 28, 2021, 09:42:05 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 28, 2021, 09:30:39 PM
Quote from: Main Street on February 28, 2021, 09:27:05 PM
Wasn't Tierney injured when transferred to Arsenal  and he's  been plagued with injuries ever since?
Arsenal took a gamble on his physical fitness and he's turned out to be a mixed bag, oft injured but a class act when match fit.

He's played 50 games for Arsenal to date.

220 club career appearances at the age of 23.

8 consecutive seasons with a medal in his pocket.

Arsenal didn't take a gamble. £25m is modest for Arsenal. They got one of the best left backs in the world for an absolute snip in today's market.

He's started 33 league games for Arsenal  since season 2019/20,   that's 33 games out of 100+.
Thats a piss poor starting statistic for a superb left back.
Credit to Kieran to keep coming back and still improving his game.

He's played 33 league games out of 64.

He had hip surgery to correct a long standing problem then dislocated his shoulder early on for Arsenal, since then he has been available regularly.
Since the return from the unfortunate  shoulder injury  he's been injured for 9 out of 24 this season. Is it time to cry out  "he's cured now"? Or should  Robertson be considered  ahead of him  seeing as he just misses out on average 1 or 2 games a season.

Injured 9 times this season? That sounds like bullshit tbh.

He's played 19/26 league games this season.

sid waddell

Can we please have a detailed spreadsheet analysis of the amount of minutes per match Kieran Tierney has played for Celtic youths, the Celtic senior team, Arsenal and Scotland

Also needed are detailed medical reports from any time he was injured and scouting reports on him from various clubs

Otherwise this discussion is going nowhere

Main Street

I suppose the once valid scientific proven valuation of GBP60m + add ons  for Edouard is out the question in these times. It's not a case of him not making an effort in games, but 98% of his magic has gone. Celtic tv on saturday showed a few clip of him in the highlights  from a past game at  Aberdeen,   the 4- 3 game mid season 2018 where he was just unworldly brilliant. Nowadays  his confidence in his ability to pull off the impossible  has hit the floor, It could be he has a bad case of the hump. Probably Rodgers would be the manager to restore his soul.

bennydorano

Quote from: Main Street on March 01, 2021, 10:46:21 AM
I suppose the once valid scientific proven valuation of GBP60m + add ons  for Edouard is out the question in these times. It's not a case of him not making an effort in games, but 98% of his magic has gone. Celtic tv on saturday showed a few clip of him in the highlights  from a past game at  Aberdeen,   the 4- 3 game mid season 2018 where he was just unworldly brilliant. Nowadays  his confidence in his ability to pull off the impossible  has hit the floor, It could be he has a bad case of the hump. Probably Rodgers would be the manager to restore his soul.
Yip, Leicester for about £13m

Angelo

Angelo

Quote from: Main Street on March 01, 2021, 10:46:21 AM

He's in a malaise like the rest of the team. He'll get his spark back when we have a proper manager and a proper setup.

I hope Celtic do all they can to keep him. It's mental when you think Morelos earns about double what Edouard is currently on.