Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Targetman

Kennedy was part of the Lennon regime theres no way he should be in the running for the managers job on a permanent basis

Angelo

Surely the board know that Kennedy will send the fans over the edge and season ticket renewals could become very problematic. Even if Kennedy wins the Scottish Cup and the 8 games left he should not get the job.

Let him go off elsewhere and prove himself.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

sid waddell

Quote from: Louther on February 24, 2021, 03:30:58 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on February 24, 2021, 03:15:34 PM
Quote from: Louther on February 24, 2021, 02:04:11 PM
Who Celtic be linked with (mostly by fans):
Martinez
Benitez
Lampard
John Terry
Sarri
Eddie Howe

Who'll actually be in the running:
John Kennedy
Scott Brown
Gordon Stratchan
Mick McCarthy
Jackie McNamara
John Hughes
Paul Lambert

You don't have Steve Clarke in either list so we can file this under the you dont have a clue what you're on about list

I'm ssssoooooooooo Sorry! Should have stated explicitly that it wasn't a definite list.

On Steve Clarke would he be so keen to get involved with an Old Firm team after his comments in the past when he managed in club football. Plus I'm sure after taking Scotland to the Euros he'd have sights set on the World Cup with Scotland.

But on the next list I'll be sure to include him.
Pippo Giovagnoli must be in with a shout

Knows how to win in Europe, knows how to win trophies

Would he leave Dundalk though

Doubtful

Silver hill

Quote from: sid waddell on February 24, 2021, 10:47:40 PM
Quote from: Louther on February 24, 2021, 03:30:58 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on February 24, 2021, 03:15:34 PM
Quote from: Louther on February 24, 2021, 02:04:11 PM
Who Celtic be linked with (mostly by fans):
Martinez
Benitez
Lampard
John Terry
Sarri
Eddie Howe

Who'll actually be in the running:
John Kennedy
Scott Brown
Gordon Stratchan
Mick McCarthy
Jackie McNamara
John Hughes
Paul Lambert

You don't have Steve Clarke in either list so we can file this under the you dont have a clue what you're on about list

I'm ssssoooooooooo Sorry! Should have stated explicitly that it wasn't a definite list.

On Steve Clarke would he be so keen to get involved with an Old Firm team after his comments in the past when he managed in club football. Plus I'm sure after taking Scotland to the Euros he'd have sights set on the World Cup with Scotland.

But on the next list I'll be sure to include him.
Pippo Giovagnoli must be in with a shout

Knows how to win in Europe, knows how to win trophies

Would he leave Dundalk though

Doubtful

Respect. Ultimate pisstaker.

Itchy

Roy Keane?

I see few pros saying he's the man. You know what, i'd give him a shot.

lenny

Quote from: Itchy on February 25, 2021, 09:40:14 PM
Roy Keane?

I would agree with you if the job didn't involve managing people. Keane has a good knowledge of the game but he doesn't seem to like other people and doesn't seem to have any of the skills required to manage people or be a good football manager.

From the Bunker

Quote from: lenny on February 25, 2021, 10:00:52 PM
Roy Keane?

I would agree with you if the job didn't involve managing people. Keane has a good knowledge of the game but he doesn't seem to like other people and doesn't seem to have any of the skills required to manage people or be a good football manager.

Keane looks to be a good number 2. Good for doing all the sh1te jobs the main manager hates to do, like bollocking players, controlling discipline and doing hateful press conferences.

sid waddell

Roy Keane?

Typo?

Prods?

Itchy

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 25, 2021, 10:20:59 PM
Quote from: lenny on February 25, 2021, 10:00:52 PM
Roy Keane?

Keane looks to be a good number 2. Good for doing all the sh1te jobs the main manager hates to do, like bollocking players, controlling discipline and doing hateful press conferences.

I think Keane's managerial career has been understated - he did amazing things with Sunderland, got a poor Ireland team to the Euros and out of group stages. And yes had some bad experiences with Ipswich, but then who hasnt?

Compare him, for example, to Mick McCarthy. few weeks ago he was useless old school journey man, sacked after weeks from his role in Cyprus, ran out of Ireland job. Yet now he is the messiah as Cardiff go on a a big push to get into premier league.
The point is managers cant fix everything. A club has to have certain things in place and you can only do so well within the confines of those things. I think both Keane and McCarthy in hindsight were in a poor club in Ipswich that obviously has other problems judging where they are now.

I think Keane would be a great appointment for a big club like Celtic and it would be ideal for him and I think the profile of  the players there (most players have ambition to move on and up from Celtic) means they will buy into him. I think is some ways its very similar to Gerrard at Rangers. That's my opinion and I imagine it will not fit with many others.

Milltown Row2

Michael O'Neill would be the best bet, had West Ham not be having the season they are having then Moyes would have been decent also.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trailer

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 26, 2021, 08:49:32 AM
Michael O'Neill would be the best bet, had West Ham not be having the season they are having then Moyes would have been decent also.

Michelle O'Neill could be good. Ticks a lot of boxes.

general_lee

I agree with itchy. I'd like Roy Keane at Celtic. When you think of all the shit players got criticised for this season - Keane would stamp that out. There'd be no favourites, no ill-discipline, no complacency. Instil a bit of professionalism back into the squad. I'd also imagine a few boys would be shown the door. 

Angelo

Wouldn't have Keane anywhere near Celtic.

FFS the guy failed at Sunderland and Ipswich. The last manager we had was ran out of Hibs and Bolton.

It's very clear the type of manager we need.

We need a guy who has a track record of coming in and developing players, who has a defined style of play that reflects dominating possession and is someone who is both very clued in tactically and relentless on the training ground. Roy Keane is none of those.

Roy Keane is just name, a guy with a big reputation due to his playing days but who has an appalling track record as a coach. His legacy is Sunderland are now a debt ridden League One club. Failed at Ipswich, mass fallings out with players.

What other clubs do you see looking to offer Roy Keane a job in management? For good reason clubs would not touch him with a bargepole.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

general_lee

Don't worry Angelo I don't think Keane would touch Celtic with a barge pole either

JimStynes

Quote from: Angelo on February 26, 2021, 11:22:06 AM
Wouldn't have Keane anywhere near Celtic.

FFS the guy failed at Sunderland and Ipswich. The last manager we had was ran out of Hibs and Bolton.

It's very clear the type of manager we need.

We need a guy who has a track record of coming in and developing players, who has a defined style of play that reflects dominating possession and is someone who is both very clued in tactically and relentless on the training ground. Roy Keane is none of those.

Roy Keane is just name, a guy with a big reputation due to his playing days but who has an appalling track record as a coach. His legacy is Sunderland are now a debt ridden League One club. Failed at Ipswich, mass fallings out with players.

What other clubs do you see looking to offer Roy Keane a job in management? For good reason clubs would not touch him with a bargepole.

I totally agree with Angelo on this one. Roy Keane can't man manage players. He would fall out with half the players after about 3 months.