Gaels amalgamations

Started by The Monument Road, December 02, 2016, 01:18:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCFC

Quote from: Keyser Söze on December 29, 2016, 05:14:52 PM

I dispute this.
Mountmellick should be fielding on their own at this stage. Probably Ballyfin too.
I understand that they may have needed to join up as a short term solution to years of neglect.

I hear you're about to get your wish. The divorce between Ballyfin and Mountmellick is confirmed.

Downtheroad

Quote from: SCFC on January 03, 2017, 08:00:05 PM

I dispute this.
Mountmellick should be fielding on their own at this stage. Probably Ballyfin too.
I understand that they may have needed to join up as a short term solution to years of neglect.

I hear you're about to get your wish. The divorce between Ballyfin and Mountmellick is confirmed.
Is it true or another one of those rumours that does the rounds at this time of year.

Don Draper

Quote from: les Antiques on January 03, 2017, 11:42:20 AM
I agree thoroughly with the above , only so much the county board can do and if they put a structure in place its up to the clubs to follow through . A club  such as Park/Rath are a fine example and there are more like them but unfortunately there  clubs for various reasons in this county who are not half as innovative and can use excuses all day long .
I doubt even Park would hold themselves up as a model for anyone. They acted the shite for years with amalgamations, but to be fair they're rectifying that in both hurling and football now, but have a long way to go to be held up for anyone.

clonadmad

Quote from: Don Draper on January 03, 2017, 09:17:00 PM
I agree thoroughly with the above , only so much the county board can do and if they put a structure in place its up to the clubs to follow through . A club  such as Park/Rath are a fine example and there are more like them but unfortunately there  clubs for various reasons in this county who are not half as innovative and can use excuses all day long .
I doubt even Park would hold themselves up as a model for anyone. They acted the shite for years with amalgamations, but to be fair they're rectifying that in both hurling and football now, but have a long way to go to be held up for anyone.

The vast majority of those involved in the juvenile section over there now are from outside the county,different mentality with a lot of them.

Whether they can walk the walk remains to be seen

SCFC

Quote from: Downtheroad on January 03, 2017, 09:15:56 PM

I dispute this.

Is it true or another one of those rumours that does the rounds at this time of year.
100% true. All football teams are seperating and they are possibly staying together for under 14 or 12 hurling at most.

Don Draper

Quote from: clonadmad on January 03, 2017, 10:03:46 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on January 03, 2017, 09:17:00 PM

The vast majority of those involved in the juvenile section over there now are from outside the county,different mentality with a lot of them.

There's no love lost it seems from your posts about them. I neither know nor care.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: SCFC on January 03, 2017, 10:25:01 PM

I dispute this.

100% true. All football teams are seperating and they are possibly staying together for under 14 or 12 hurling at most.

They hardly fielded last year at U16 and minor hurling. How can they feasibly separate 12 months?!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Keyser Söze

I dispute this.

And just to be clear. My reasons for wanting this are very pure!

les Antiques

[/quote]

[/quote]
There's no love lost it seems from your posts about them. I neither know nor care.

Ditto .Time to move on clonadman  ;)
[/quote]

El Jefe

Heard The Heath voted through the amalgamation with Timahoe last night but afterwards got word that there's now some problem with it from the Timahoe end?

Downtheroad

Quote from: Keyser Söze on January 04, 2017, 01:23:46 AM

I dispute this.

They hardly fielded last year at U16 and minor hurling. How can they feasibly separate 12 months?!
SCFC is at least part right if not 100%. The word is that Mountmellick pulled the plug at under 14 football level even though Ballyfin were keen to keep the thing going. It's the usual rubbish of parents worrying about their Johnny getting a game.  Don't know what the story is with hurling.

Don Draper

Quote from: Downtheroad on January 04, 2017, 11:44:27 AM
Quote from: Keyser Söze on January 04, 2017, 01:23:46 AM

I dispute this.

SCFC is at least part right if not 100%. The word is that Mountmellick pulled the plug at under 14 football level even though Ballyfin were keen to keep the thing going. It's the usual rubbish of parents worrying about their Johnny getting a game.  Don't know what the story is with hurling.
Is Johnny not entitled to get a game? Instead of being one of  15 subs sitting on a sideline?

Ballyroan Abbey

Quote from: El Jefe on January 04, 2017, 09:15:24 AM
Heard The Heath voted through the amalgamation with Timahoe last night but afterwards got word that there's now some problem with it from the Timahoe end?

Heard there was an issue with lads who prefer hurling looking to leave, weather thats the issue with timahoe i dont know, but i couldnt imagine them being happy about the footballers being granted a gales team and the hurlers not

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Don Draper on January 04, 2017, 11:48:44 AM
Is Johnny not entitled to get a game? Instead of being one of  15 subs sitting on a sideline?
[/quote]

Johnny should have got regular games from 6/7 years old. Did he?

Don Draper

Quote from: Keyser Söze on January 04, 2017, 12:28:50 PM

Johnny should have got regular games from 6/7 years old. Did he?
If he didn't, he's long gone by now.