Monaghan v Kildare

Started by Schkite, July 18, 2010, 06:15:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuffleKing

Hughes is bigger than clerkin

The Konica

DuffleKing

lynchbhoy

hughes an excellent chb- i'd keep him there !

JMohan

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 26, 2010, 01:09:50 PM

He is an excellent Centre Half Back and I'd leave him there too Lynch boy! A big attacking option.
I don't think he's as tall as Clerkin Duffle king, certainly not as strong or physical and I don't think he'd be big enough for MidField Konica, not yet. I think he's only about 24 too, so time on his side.

But there is no doubt Monaghan do seem to struggle around the middle - against Tyrone and Kildare they were cleaned out - especially against Kildare. 

Will be interesting tosee what banty decides!

shawshank

Quote from: JMohan on July 26, 2010, 01:24:53 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 26, 2010, 01:09:50 PM

He is an excellent Centre Half Back and I'd leave him there too Lynch boy! A big attacking option.
I don't think he's as tall as Clerkin Duffle king, certainly not as strong or physical and I don't think he'd be big enough for MidField Konica, not yet. I think he's only about 24 too, so time on his side.

But there is no doubt Monaghan do seem to struggle around the middle - against Tyrone and Kildare they were cleaned out - especially against Kildare. 

Will be interesting tosee what banty decides!

Kildare are strong in midfield, very strong, they cleaned derry out in that sector also, and as with the monaghan game and derry game it dictated the result. Kildare won have won by a bagful only for taking Early off.

orangeman

While other Monaghan players dropped their heads, those 2 Hughes lads from Scotstown continued to get stuck in.

2 good players those boys.

JMohan

Quote from: orangeman on July 26, 2010, 01:29:47 PM
While other Monaghan players dropped their heads, those 2 Hughes lads from Scotstown continued to get stuck in.

2 good players those boys.

Yeh, too good players, the younger lad was better than I thought he'd be for his age

Maguire01

JMohan

Christ there's no way Clerkin is only 6ft! Don't believe that for a second

(Not that it really matters)

Jinxy

I always thought Clerkin was quite small for a midfielder yet a good few people in Ulster seem to think he's a big man.
Our midfielders would tower over him.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

JMohan

Quote from: Jinxy on July 26, 2010, 10:12:08 PM
I always thought Clerkin was quite small for a midfielder yet a good few people in Ulster seem to think he's a big man.
You're right he's not very tall, but certainly more that 6ft, I'm 6ft and he's taller than me and in fact another midfielder who isn't very tall at all either is Fergal Doherty.
What's Hub? 6'1" or 6'2"?

ExiledGael

Have certainly remarked at recent games that Darren Hughes is a lot bigger than I previously thought, would not be surprised that he is taller than Clerkin.

Donnellys Hollow

Darragh Ó Sé is only 6ft.

Post match interview with Paul Grimley for any of the Monaghan lads interested: http://www.kfmradio.com/kfm-podcasting/sport-podcasts/reaction-paul-grimley-24-7-10.html
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Maguire01

Quote from: JMohan on July 26, 2010, 10:36:50 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on July 26, 2010, 10:12:08 PM
You're right he's not very tall, but certainly more that 6ft, I'm 6ft and he's taller than me and in fact another midfielder who isn't very tall at all either is Fergal Doherty.
What's Hub? 6'1" or 6'2"?
He's not more than 6ft. Check the match programmes. He's known as a small midfielder. Maybe he looks bigger because of his build.
Or maybe you're just not 6ft. Have you been standing beside him?