Unionist Outreach in Craigavon

Started by Ulick, June 06, 2012, 11:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Applesisapples

Quote from: Evil Genius on June 13, 2012, 03:47:56 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on June 13, 2012, 01:26:18 PM
Check out the Brian Feeney piece in the Irish News...once again he hits the bullseye...SF should hire him.
I read an article in a magazine last month.

It was excellent.

P.S. I heard a really funny joke in the pub last night, too. It made everybody laugh. And did I mention the film I went to see on Saturday? My g/f really liked it, though I thought it merely so-so.

EG wasn't aimed at you as you would be totally incapable of accepting that the Unionist leper (sic) can't change its orange deep dyed spots. Plus I think I remember you stating before that you don't read the Irish News.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: johnneycool on June 13, 2012, 09:12:38 AM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on June 12, 2012, 07:52:09 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on June 12, 2012, 11:32:36 AM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on June 11, 2012, 10:55:46 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on June 09, 2012, 09:57:24 PM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on June 09, 2012, 12:51:51 AM
Quote from: deiseach on June 08, 2012, 08:51:48 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on June 08, 2012, 08:36:21 PM
Totally different situation, Craigavoin Borough is evenly balanced between both communities, it was just the unwillingness of SDLP voters to transfer that enable Unionists to hold the balance of power. Craigavon has a record of sectarian bigotry stretching back over many years. Remember the ST Peter's debacle where the had to be forced in the courts to lease ground to the GAA Club. In Nationalist controlled councils by and large Unionists get a fair crack of the whip, even Ballymena has elected a nationalist Mayor. Craigavon closely followed by Lisburn have continously done what the could to keep the croppies down. I'm afraid your post displays an ignorance of the North and its politics.

In the absence of any rules to force people to adopt certain methods of sharing the the spoils, such as you have in the Assembly, you can't stop parties not voting to share the spoils. Unionist politicians are going to form a pact, simple as that. Although I accept that there should be a obligation to be up front about it. You agree on the order of business and proceed through it in an orderly fashion. The bizarre manner in which they went about this stank to high heaven

I love when misinformed people like yourself post on threads like this to display your total ignorance of Northern politics.

Pretty much how we feel about you lads complete ignorance of politics in the Republic.

This coming from a place that wants to keep a tax fraudster in the Dail

Lowry has been a TD for years

At least we have less terrorists in our parliament than yours, has to count for something lads.

Look, Peter paid his dues after the siege of Clontibret, that shouldn't always be cast up to him, are we not 'maturing as a nation'? (c) Irish Independent.

You see how forgiving we are in the Irish Republic, we forgive that particular example of you lot trying to invade our sovereign territory.

Your Glorious Leader and Deputy Glorious Leader are well suited gunner bedfellows.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Evil Genius

Quote from: Applesisapples on June 13, 2012, 04:22:54 PM
Check out the Brian Feeney piece in the Irish News...once again he hits the bullseye...SF should hire him.

It was excellent.

P.S. I heard a really funny joke in the pub last night, too. It made everybody laugh. And did I mention the film I went to see on Saturday? My g/f really liked it, though I thought it merely so-so.

EG wasn't aimed at you
I did not take your post as being aimed at me.

Rather I was merely pointing out that this was the second time you had praised an article by BF in the IN, without reproducing it for the rest of us to read.

How would you react if I was to post eg "There was a great Editorial in my local newspaper this morning, really hit the mark", and left it at that?

Quote from: Applesisapples on June 13, 2012, 04:22:54 PM... you would be totally incapable of accepting that the Unionist leper (sic) can't change its orange deep dyed spots.
I once saw a sufferer with an advanced case of Hansen's Disease [sic] begging on the street in Nepal. It was a sight which will never leave me.
I sincerely hope you are never victim of such an affliction.

Quote from: Applesisapples on June 13, 2012, 04:22:54 PMPlus I think I remember you stating before that you don't read the Irish News.
No, I said that I can't read it, not "don't".

Otherwise why would I have asked for it to be scanned and posted on here?  ::)
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Applesisapples

Quote from: Evil Genius on June 13, 2012, 05:33:48 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on June 13, 2012, 04:22:54 PM

It was excellent.

EG wasn't aimed at you
I did not take your post as being aimed at me.

Rather I was merely pointing out that this was the second time you had praised an article by BF in the IN, without reproducing it for the rest of us to read.

How would you react if I was to post eg "There was a great Editorial in my local newspaper this morning, really hit the mark", and left it at that?

Quote from: Applesisapples on June 13, 2012, 04:22:54 PM... you would be totally incapable of accepting that the Unionist leper (sic) can't change its orange deep dyed spots.
I once saw a sufferer with an advanced case of Hansen's Disease [sic] begging on the street in Nepal. It was a sight which will never leave me.
I sincerely hope you are never victim of such an affliction.

Quote from: Applesisapples on June 13, 2012, 04:22:54 PMPlus I think I remember you stating before that you don't read the Irish News.
No, I said that I can't read it, not "don't".

Otherwise why would I have asked for it to be scanned and posted on here?  ::)
Maybe you could explain how I could scan and post, I really don't know how to as I said before.

Evil Genius

Quote from: Applesisapples on June 14, 2012, 03:33:21 PM
Maybe you could explain how I could scan and post, I really don't know how to as I said before.
Hardly, since I can barely manage it myself.

But until you can figure it out, I would ask that you stop referring to articles you have read without further elaboration, since it is irritating and unhelpful (imo).

And in the meantime, I should be obliged if you withdrew your disgraceful "leper [sic]" remark, not because I feel hurt or offended by it (as you apparently intended), but because it was unacceptably hurtful and offensive to sufferers from Hansen's Disease, an especially horrible and distressing affliction.
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

ardal

It was excellent.

g/f means:

good friend
gay friend
gorgeous farmer

come on, be out with the truth and be proud.

pedantic for two please

Denn Forever

I assume EG does not have a subscrition to IN and doesn't want to.  If you posted the link from the IN, non subscribers may not be able to read it. 

If you highlighted the text of the article and copied that text.  You might paste it and post it here.  Maybe this is what he means by scanning it?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Evil Genius

Quote from: ardal on June 14, 2012, 03:45:20 PM

It was excellent.

g/f means:

good friend
gay friend
gorgeous farmer

come on, be out with the truth and be proud.

pedantic for two please
It also means "Girlfriend".

Who could simultaneously also be my "good friend", my "gay friend" and a "gorgeous farmer".

I suggest you stop being a n/f
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

ardal

Please accept my humblest apologises.

I shall now proceed to crawl back into my Unionist donated prehistoric cave

ziggysego

FFS guys, I posted the article. Quit arguing with each other, it's moronic!
Testing Accessibility

Cold tea

Quote from: ziggysego on June 14, 2012, 04:17:43 PM

Why post something on a discussion forum and ask people to stop discussing it.   ::)

ziggysego

Quote from: Cold tea on June 14, 2012, 04:23:16 PM

Why post something on a discussion forum and ask people to stop discussing it.   ::)

The was about EG complaining he couldn't comment on the article. He hasn't commented on it, still complaining he couldn't comment on it originally.
Testing Accessibility

Applesisapples

Quote from: Evil Genius on June 14, 2012, 03:43:22 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on June 14, 2012, 03:33:21 PM
Hardly, since I can barely manage it myself.

But until you can figure it out, I would ask that you stop referring to articles you have read without further elaboration, since it is irritating and unhelpful (imo).

And in the meantime, I should be obliged if you withdrew your disgraceful "leper [sic]" remark, not because I feel hurt or offended by it (as you apparently intended), but because it was unacceptably hurtful and offensive to sufferers from Hansen's Disease, an especially horrible and distressing affliction.
I suppose your right, bad enough to be a leper without also being an orangeman. By the way i didn't mean to offend you...but if I did well...

Evil Genius

Quote from: ziggysego on June 14, 2012, 04:51:56 PM
Quote from: Cold tea on June 14, 2012, 04:23:16 PM

The was about EG complaining he couldn't comment on the article. He hasn't commented on it, still complaining he couldn't comment on it originally.
No, I was complaining about "Apples", and his tendancy to refer to newspaper articles, without posting them or providing a link (or at least providing a summary).

Now that you have posted it, I may comment, providing I find the time and the inclination.
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Evil Genius

Quote from: Applesisapples on June 15, 2012, 01:34:12 AM
Quote from: Evil Genius on June 14, 2012, 03:43:22 PM
I suppose your right, bad enough to be a leper without also being an orangeman. By the way i didn't mean to offend you...but if I did well...

You may consider it acceptable to mock (repeatedly) people sufferering from Hansen's Disease, but I most certainly do not.

You may also think that you are being clever when doing so, too, when in reality you are merely coming across as a callous w**ker.
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"