Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbbeySider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 21, 2007, 12:22:46 PM

Breaffy v Castlebar.

The above Breaffy/Castlebar game will be a cracker, does anyone know the throw-in day and time?

Davitt Man

League Games Div 1A

Moy Davitts 1-13   Louisburgh 1-10

Davitts 2-11   Belmullet 2-8

prewtna

Quote from: Davitt Man on June 25, 2007, 08:26:16 AM
League Games Div 1A

Moy Davitts 1-13   Louisburgh 1-10

thats more like it! good win.

busy at work?!  :D

i myself am just about to head out the door on my end of year booze-up. Duvel all day. (well actually after about 2 hours of duvel il be in a hoop!) c yall saturday!

intoDwest

How did the castlebar game go??

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 21, 2007, 12:22:46 PM
Group D this weekend:

Kiltane v Tourmakeady
Breaffy v Castlebar.

This isn't much significance to the majority of clubs other than those playing and Knockmore, who could slip to 2nd last in the group if my gut instinct happens.

Any one know the scores of these games?

intoDwest

Kiltane won in bangor 1-8 to 1-6, brutal game. Kiltane tried their best to kick the game away. worst game I've see in ages.
I'm looking for the Castlebar result.

Tubberman

According to someone on hoganstand, Breaffy won a brutal game. Marty Mc played well
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Davitt Man

SFC:
Breaffy 1-11 Castlebar Mitchels 0-8;
Kiltane 1-8 Tourmakeady 1-6.

Davitt Man

Breaffy are flying this year while castlebar who started training last november or some crazy time like that are not doing too well

Farrandeelin

Quote from: intoDwest on June 25, 2007, 03:17:01 PM
Kiltane won in bangor 1-8 to 1-6, brutal game. Kiltane tried their best to kick the game away. worst game I've see in ages.
I'm looking for the Castlebar result.

It couldn't be any worse than the Kiltane-Knockmore game, but fair play to ye, ye keep pullin off the results in these poor games.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ludermor

Would anyone have a list of how long all the current clubs have senior status. I was talking to a lad from home who was saying that kiltane is one of the longest senior clubs currently (about 30 years i think). If so it is some achievment for surely one of the smallest picks of senior/intermediate clubs

MacDanger

I would imagine Charlestown/Ballina have the longest on account of having being around the longest.

Knockmore have been senior since they won the Intermediate in '71 - won county and connacht senior the next year...........

Greenabovethered

Charlestown were a junior club up until the late 80's. Up and down since then. Senior for the last ten years or so. I'd say Kiltane are there or thereabouts. Nobody likes to play them at home, the Wimbledon of the West.

ludermor

aye or i heard someone say galatasary!

Farrandeelin

Ballina have never been anything else than senior. I heard on the MWR sports quiz that Garrymore are the same, how long Garrymore are in existence is another matter, but Ballina are senior since the very beginning.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.