Started by Jinxy, September 17, 2018, 09:54:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

In your county, has it:

Significantly increased in recent years
Significantly decreased in recent years
It's about the same

JoG2

Quote from: The Trap on October 05, 2018, 02:22:24 PM
I agree that a number of games is better than months (sometimes in 6 months you would not miss too much) and also remove the rubbish of "same competition". You could take the head off a man in a senior game one week and get a red card and play the reserve game the following week!
Where is the leadership from the GAA? Where is the support for the county boards who have to investigate these incidents that are happening all over the country?
Apart from someone getting killed before this is taken seriously maybe referees refusing to officiate all games or games involving certain teams could have a big impact. That would certainly get this a bit of attention.
[/b]

Anyone I've spoken to in the last week or so, to a man they've all mentioned the inevitability of the refs taking a stand if this continues

general_lee

Forget fines or individual punishments. Ban them from adult football. Soon bring them into line.

Delegater

For all the faults I cannot remember hearing of any instance where a Tyrone referee was attacked. Martin Hurson in croke park being the obvious exception.

Dire Ear

:'(
Quote from: Delegater on October 05, 2018, 03:09:10 PM
For all the faults I cannot remember hearing of any instance where a Tyrone referee was attacked. Martin Hurson in croke park being the obvious exception.
:'(

Gabriel_Hurl

Milltown Row2

Would a criminal charge of assault and battery not put the breaks on this?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Therealdonald

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 05, 2018, 05:59:14 PM

Find it incredible that any Gael would recommend this. Murky road, is a high tackle that lads to a red card an assault? Is a box to the ribs from a corner back to a corner forward battery? The problem is with the referees. Some are poorly trained, some are too arrogant, some just don't have a clue or want a clue. Not condoning any hitting or shoving of a ref but lets call it as it is.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Therealdonald on October 05, 2018, 06:48:21 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 05, 2018, 05:59:14 PM

Find it incredible that any Gael would recommend this. Murky road, is a high tackle that lads to a red card an assault? Is a box to the ribs from a corner back to a corner forward battery? The problem is with the referees. Some are poorly trained, some are too arrogant, some just don't have a clue or want a clue. Not condoning any hitting or shoving of a ref but lets call it as it is.

So all the fights are down to the ref? Hmmm, lazy excuse
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

dec

The problem with poor referees is caused by the lack of respect and abuse they receive from players, mentors and spectators. Because of this there are probably many people who are put off the idea of becoming referees.

This leads to there being not enough referees and poor referees not being weeded out because there aren't sufficient replacements.

Clubs should be rewarded for having members become refs (eg extra allocation of All-Ireland tickets etc.) If a player, mentor or identifiable supporter makes contact with a ref the club should be punished enough to make it a real deterrent.

Olly

I think the whole brexit stuff has people on edge in the north
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Milltown Row2

Two players fighting has f**k all to do with a ref, players running on to the pitch has nothing to do with the ref.. 30 players wanting to fight it out, again nothing to do with the ref..

A ref making a 'mistake' (in the eyes of a player) does not mean they can knock shite out of each other.. once people understand that then we can talk sense. The stupid age old cry of ' you caused that ref' is said by stupid people

I've played football and hurling well into my 40's, I've never hit anyone because of the ref

The Trap

Was watching the rugby between ulster and connacht and the respect for the referee and the authority of the referee is absolute. It should be what the GAA aspire to. If the diktat came from the top and money spent to educate everyone with proper enforcement and  proper punishment for non compliance this could be achievable. Surely this should be a priority

imtommygunn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 05, 2018, 07:54:41 PM
Two players fighting has f**k all to do with a ref, players running on to the pitch has nothing to do with the ref.. 30 players wanting to fight it out, again nothing to do with the ref..

A ref making a 'mistake' (in the eyes of a player) does not mean they can knock shite out of each other.. once people understand that then we can talk sense. The stupid age old cry of ' you caused that ref' is said by stupid people

I've played football and hurling well into my 40's, I've never hit anyone because of the ref

Players galore beating the crap out of each other and supporters shouting f**k sake ref.... what do they expect from the ref??

Milltown Row2

During any of the action when the players knock f**k out of each other did the supporters run on to the pitch and cause a melee?

And why are you talking about the ref? The players have enough cop on not to lose the run of themselves and not take every tackle/hit personal, and lash out at each other.. stop talking about the ref please, you are making yourself very foolish

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 05, 2018, 10:51:13 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 05, 2018, 07:54:41 PM

Players galore beating the crap out of each other and supporters shouting f**k sake ref.... what do they expect from the ref??

The ref shouldn't have started it, he was seen throwing a cheeky punch before the video was taken, he was also heard shouting at a player his ma was a slut!

He'd the cheek to not even step and stop it!