Poppy Watch

Started by Orior, November 04, 2010, 12:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: BennyCake on November 15, 2018, 11:14:13 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 15, 2018, 07:48:49 PM
Any Poppies at tonight's match?

Seen a poppy on a Norn Iron fleg. McClean wasn't wearing one, but he did have a Norn Iron fleg on his shirt.

There was a balaclava in a tricolour according to Seamie B... turns out it was a Munster badge ;D

Applesisapples

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 16, 2018, 09:47:56 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on November 15, 2018, 11:14:13 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 15, 2018, 07:48:49 PM
Any Poppies at tonight's match?

Seen a poppy on a Norn Iron fleg. McClean wasn't wearing one, but he did have a Norn Iron fleg on his shirt.

There was a balaclava in a tricolour according to Seamie B... turns out it was a Munster badge ;D
He's an absolute tit.

BennyCake

Derry and Strabane council introduce a policy allowing staff to wear the Easter lily and the Poppy.

Well, what do you think of that?

Boycey

I saw my 1st poppy of the year today, in Dublin Airport of all places. The whole of Norn Iron seemed to be there on route to Amsterdam for tomoro nights game. Plenty of tops etc but one guy had a jersey with the biggest poppy I ever seen emblazoned on the front of it....

markl121

Quote from: Boycey on October 10, 2019, 01:50:18 AM
I saw my 1st poppy of the year today, in Dublin Airport of all places. The whole of Norn Iron seemed to be there on route to Amsterdam for tomoro nights game. Plenty of tops etc but one guy had a jersey with the biggest poppy I ever seen emblazoned on the front of it....
What's the story with poppys in the south? Saw two people wearing them this time last year and was taken aback. Didn't think anyone wore them. Both were fairly old people.

BennyCake

That's so nobody would miss it. And they wonder why nationalists find it offensive?!

general_lee

Some people wear them all year round..was in Belfast city hall last year during the summer and one of the security guards was wearing one  ::)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: general_lee on October 10, 2019, 06:48:19 PM
Some people wear them all year round..was in Belfast city hall last year during the summer and one of the security guards was wearing one  ::)

That's cause he knew it would piss you off..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Dougal Maguire

He can stick his jersey, poppy and all, up his jacksie now.
Careful now

Orior

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on October 10, 2019, 09:36:20 PM
He can stick his jersey, poppy and all, up his jacksie now.

What are you trying to say? lol

(Rhetorical)
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Itchy

Quote from: markl121 on October 10, 2019, 06:06:48 AM
What's the story with poppys in the south? Saw two people wearing them this time last year and was taken aback. Didn't think anyone wore them. Both were fairly old people.

I've never seen anyone wear one in the south but maybe the west brit D4s would have a few candidates that would wear them.

straightred

Quote from: Itchy on October 13, 2019, 09:26:02 AM

I've never seen anyone wear one in the south but maybe the west brit D4s would have a few candidates that would wear them.

Had lunch in the Hillgrove in Monaghan a good few years ago and saw a couple wearing them. Got my attention as i wouldn't have expected it there. Not unusual to see the odd one around Dublin

Boycey

I have occasionally seen locals going into Sunday Service with Poppy's on but the only one I've seen in the wild as such in Monaghan was at Castle Leslie outside Monaghan Town last year or year before.

Tubberman

Quote from: straightred on October 13, 2019, 10:02:13 AM

Had lunch in the Hillgrove in Monaghan a good few years ago and saw a couple wearing them. Got my attention as i wouldn't have expected it there. Not unusual to see the odd one around Dublin

I've never seen anyone wear one in Dublin
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

red hander

Quote from: straightred on October 13, 2019, 10:02:13 AM

Naive

Brave people  ;D I was in Frames in Belfast one lunchtime when a guy walked in wearing an England shirt. Was just when tourism was taking off, and fella was obviously non the wiser. After the silence was broken couple of locals went up and shook his hand for being the ballsiest man in Belfast that day.