American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Bucs again  ???

Given that the aul wallet is fairly light these days, I might give this one a miss. Been to them all so far but I couldn't care less about these two teams really, even though they were both play-off *calibre last year.

*by that I mean good enough to reach the play-offs but in the case of the buccs were a bit unlucky not to.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: Minder on April 13, 2011, 05:01:11 PM
Quote from: The Claw on April 13, 2011, 04:59:47 PM
A little disappointed in that matchup to be honest. Saw the Bucs two years ago and while they are a much better team now, they don't have many players that I would really like to see. Same with the Bears, good but not great. I'll be looking foward to seeing Mike Williams, Freeman, Cutler, Urlacher, Forte, but they don't hold the same appeal as the likes of Willis, Moss & Dawkins - real iconic players.

Yeah agree, it is a really underwhelming pairing.

Devin Hester is worth the price of the ticket all alone, unbelievable kick return man. These are two teams that used to be in the same  conference, the hits will be heard all the way across the pond. Tampa's D mirrors the Bear's D with tough linebackers and excellent D-lineman.

TB has Cadilac Williams & Blount in the backfield, Kellen Winslow at TE and two Stud WRs in the making with Benn and Spurlock. They just need a decent QB.

Will be a very good matchup with the Bears winning by 9.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

David McKeown

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on April 13, 2011, 05:26:42 PM
Quote from: Minder on April 13, 2011, 05:01:11 PM
Quote from: The Claw on April 13, 2011, 04:59:47 PM
A little disappointed in that matchup to be honest. Saw the Bucs two years ago and while they are a much better team now, they don't have many players that I would really like to see. Same with the Bears, good but not great. I'll be looking foward to seeing Mike Williams, Freeman, Cutler, Urlacher, Forte, but they don't hold the same appeal as the likes of Willis, Moss & Dawkins - real iconic players.

Yeah agree, it is a really underwhelming pairing.

Devin Hester is worth the price of the ticket all alone, unbelievable kick return man. These are two teams that used to be in the same  conference, the hits will be heard all the way across the pond. Tampa's D mirrors the Bear's D with tough linebackers and excellent D-lineman.

TB has Cadilac Williams & Blount in the backfield, Kellen Winslow at TE and two Stud WRs in the making with Benn and Spurlock. They just need a decent QB.

Will be a very good matchup with the Bears winning by 9.

With this new rule on kickoffs will Hester be any where near as effective?
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Capt Pat

Quote from: thejuice on April 09, 2011, 10:13:25 AM
Being a judge for that must be tough.

Haven't paid much attention to the Draft.

Whats been happening with the Collective Bargaining Agreement, last I heard they were going to court.

The judge has ordered both sides to enter a mediation process which starts tomorrow I think. While the judge has to decide if the lockout is legal. The agreement will not be in place in time for free agency to take place before the draft.

Carmen Stateside

NBA playoffs up and running, and what a start. Chicago who were hot favourites over Indiana had trailed all game till 48 seconds to go and stole the first game in this series.  If Indiana had of held on it would have been a massive shock.  Larry Bird looked gutted as Chicago hit the front. Great start.
Miami Philadelphia now. Hope to get Tickets for Knicks Celtic next week.

mc_grens

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on April 16, 2011, 08:39:29 PM
NBA playoffs up and running, and what a start. Chicago who were hot favourites over Indiana had trailed all game till 48 seconds to go and stole the first game in this series.  If Indiana had of held on it would have been a massive shock.  Larry Bird looked gutted as Chicago hit the front. Great start.
Miami Philadelphia now. Hope to get Tickets for Knicks Celtic next week.

Derrick Rose was utterly fantastic, and Chris Paul is having a cracker right now in LA too.

magpie seanie

How do I go about getting tickets for the Bears/Bucs game in Wembley assuming it goes ahead?

AZOffaly

nfluk.com is your best bet Seanie. They'll have a register your interest and all on that page.

anportmorforjfc

NFL schedule released tonight!

magpie seanie

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 19, 2011, 10:13:21 AM
nfluk.com is your best bet Seanie. They'll have a register your interest and all on that page.

Cheers for that. Think I'll go over for it. I can wear my Urlacher jersey and my green and gold scarf!

David McKeown

Cam Newton number 1 pick and Jake Locker at 8. Talk about reaching. That said who in the Vikings Front Office thinks Ponder is a first round pick let alone number 12 especially with Mallet still on the board. I dispair.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Capt Pat

Mallett is a tr**p. It takes more than a good arm to be a long term success at quarterback in the NFL. I am a Vikings fan as well and a lot of them on their message board are not happy with the pick It is considered a big reach.

AZOffaly

Delighted with Patrick Peterson. Of course the Cards need a lot more, including a QB, but they still have a chance of picking up a decent one in round 2, or else, more likely Free Agency.

Edit, just looking at a few sites there, appears to be a rumour about Patrick Peterson trade for Kevin Kolb.Not sure about that. I'd like someone like Kolb, but not for a 1st round pick.

magpie seanie

As a Bears fan I'm pretty happy with Carimi. Lucky he dropped that far.

Capt Pat

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 29, 2011, 09:22:05 AM
Delighted with Patrick Peterson. Of course the Cards need a lot more, including a QB, but they still have a chance of picking up a decent one in round 2, or else, more likely Free Agency.

It was a good pick but I still think they should have gone with Gabbert. They need a qb to go with Fitzgerald as he might leave next season