American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 23, 2011, 10:01:02 PM
Does anyone else get the feeling they wouldn't exactly charge to follow Jay Cutler into battle?

He is "allegedly" a total bollix.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

Yes, I have heard that said a few times. The commentators on American TV usually drop in some sort of euphemism for it when you know what you're listening for. Sometimes it's his 'competitive nature' , i.e. he ates the shite out of his team mates, or his 'strong personality', i.e. he's a total codpiece.

*Edit* The fecking head on him there on the bench, wouldn't you think a leader would be up cheering on his teammates now that he's injured and can't help physically. Sitting on the bench in a big coat with a big sulky head on him. Notice how many lads are around him consoling him? I counted, lemme see, eh, yeah, zero.

AZOffaly

Urlacher is still a beast. I love watching him and Clay Matthews play linebacker.

GalwayBayBoy

Bears defence playing very well this half. They don't look like scoring at all though.

thejuice

3rd choice QB to take the Bears to the Superbowl. that would be some storey
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Minder

Pack have went badly off the boil.

Minder

anportmorforjfc

Green Bay punter has been the best player in this game.

thejuice

no fairy tale ending. best team got there in the end.

Have a sneaking feeling the Jets will win the next one though I backed the Steelers earlier in the week.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Carmen Stateside

Good defence on both sides.  Packers just about deserved that.  Rogers started well but faded badly and would need to up his game to win a super bowl. 
Think the winner will come from this next game.
Lets go Jets!

AZOffaly

Did you ever see a more Irish looking head than that Packers GM Murphy, he looked like Willie Bang Bang Casey. McCarthy the coach as well, and they wear Green white and Gold(ish). Go Pack :D

anportmorforjfc

Even though i don't like Rex Ryan i would rather see a Jets Packers Superbowl than the Steelers v Packers!

magpie seanie

Disappointing in the end. You'd have to feel sorry for the Bears Defense, couldn't have done more really. Feck it anyway. I agree with the comments about Cutler. Young Hanie showed way more balls late on that Cutler showed at any time. I think GB will win the Superbowl now.

Doire abú