American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Chargers shit so far. Season might end in 2 hrs.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Puckoon

Puckoon

The saints lucky to get out of Atlanta with that win last night after an uncharacteristic 4th quarter by Drew Brees. Squeaky bum time on the last drive.

magpie seanie

Is anyone showing the Philly/viqueens game tonight? I seem to remember Gary Imlach saying something about Christmas schedules meaning it was unlikely that Channel 4 would be showing it. Surely he is not tell porkies?

Lets see:

1.15 am FIVB World Tour (as much a fan as I am of ladies volleyball, I think it could have been moved);
2.05am KOTV Boxing Weekly ??????;
2.35am World Sport ZZZzzzzz;
3.00am The Cat Returns (an animated 2002 movie which judging by the late hour is possibly not in huge demand).

???

The Claw

the Deel Rover

so lads who do you fancy to win the superbowl this year ?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

lurganblue

I have a wee bet done on the pats at 14s and I think that is looking ok at the min. I also have the saints in a sort of sweep with my friends. They're struggling through so I hope one of them

the Deel Rover

Quote from: lurganblue on December 31, 2010, 11:12:50 AM
I have a wee bet done on the pats at 14s and I think that is looking ok at the min. I also have the saints in a sort of sweep with my friends. They're struggling through so I hope one of them

yeah the pats look strong at the moment . i dreamed a couple of months ago that baltimore won it so i'm sticking with them . i hope green bay make the playoffs they were excellent against the giants last week . 
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

ONeill

Chargers finishing season well. Kansas lost.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Minder

Jim Harbaugh to leave Stanford to coach 49ers. Same route Bill Walsh took.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

Minder

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 07, 2011, 10:31:45 PM
Oops for Michigan...

I dont think he was ever going to Michigan, they reckon it was between staying at Stanford (on improved terms of $4m per year) and the 49ers.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

Ah but Michigan did. Their AD almost promised it when he was getting rid of Rodriguez. Harbaugh is a 'Michigan Man'.

Of course the 49ers is a better job for him.

RealSpiritof98

if only he could take his MVP with him

AZOffaly

Looks like sad news for Ravens S Ed Reed. It says he's playing, but if anything develops you'd have to wonder.

Baltimore Ravens Pro Bowl safety Ed Reed will travel with the team to Kansas City and play in Sunday's AFC wild-card playoff game following the possible disappearance of his brother.

A man believed to be a brother of Reed has been missing since Friday afternoon, when he reportedly jumped into the Mississippi River near St. Rose, La., to evade police.

Unlock HQ Video HQ video delivered by Akamai
Karen Reed, the mother of Ed and Brian Reed, said investigators in Louisiana found shoes and a jacket belonging to Brian Reed, 28.