American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: Minder on December 22, 2009, 09:35:15 AM
The Eagles will win the Superbowl, you heard it here first.

No chance.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Minder

Quote from: stew on December 27, 2009, 12:16:50 AM

No chance.

Decent chance, what did Mc Nabb do on you?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

mc_grens

I actually reckon it'll be a Chargers-Eagles Superbowl.

With San Diego winning.

As long as Pittsburgh don't make the playoffs I don't see a team who can handle San Diego in the AFC (bearing in mind that the Chargers have been Indys kryptonite for 3 years now).

In the NFC both the Vikes and Saints ate running low on steam a little, and I just think the eaglescould shock them in a one off.

None of this has to do with my SD bias.

Go Chargers!

stew

Quote from: Minder on December 27, 2009, 12:25:13 AM
Quote from: stew on December 27, 2009, 12:16:50 AM

No chance.

Decent chance, what did Mc Nabb do on you?

Where did i say that i have a problem with McNabb? he isnt the reason why they wont get there never mind win it.

The fact is there are a few better teams out there.

Family guy

Carmen Stateside

They are shite! Some way to close Giants stadium!

anportmorforjfc

pats new orleans sb for me with pats winning, i think they will get stronger and stronger from now on in. brady is having a hell of a game today.

magickingdom

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on December 27, 2009, 07:13:32 PM
They are shite! Some way to close Giants stadium!

a disgrace, worse than useless

Capt Pat

There is a lot of talk about the Eagles getting to the superbowl but I don't see them getting past the Vikings. Using last years playoff game between the 2 teams as a reference point, the Eagles won 26-12 simply because they had a much better passing game and special teams. The Vikings have since added a quarterback and kick returner who are playing at a pro bowl level and special teams play in general has improved a lot. This I think will give the edge to the Vikings if they meet again. The game would also probably be in the metrodome.

J70

Don't know about the general view, but a lot of people discussing the Vikings in NY think that Favre has run out of steam for the season, similar to last year during his stint with the Jets. He has apparently thrown 16 TDs and 35 interceptions during December for the past four years. Possibly not surprising given his age. I wouldn't write off the Eagles - they've been much more impressive than the Vikings over the past month.

J70

Uproar, even in New York, over Indianapolis' decision to substitute most of their starters, including Manning, halfway through the third quarter. Means Jets can now reach the playoffs if they beat Cincinnatti, who have nothing whatsoever to play for, next week. Can't imagine the likes of the Dolphins or the Ravens or Steelers are too happy, whatever about the Colts fans who booed the team for the final 20 minutes as they pissed their unbeaten record away. Felt really sorry for Curtis Painter, who, deputizing for Manning and stripped of most of the first choice targets and protection, had a really tough time and received a lot of abuse from the fans. Colts better win the whole thing now, especially if they rest their stars next week, or Mr Caldwell will be in a spot of bother!

Capt Pat

The colts have their own agenda but they handled it badly I thought. They should have let the second string guys start the game and bring in the stars to save it rather than the other way round.

Brett Favre is not melting down, the team has lost those games and the Carolina result last week looks good in comparison to how the Giants played against the Panthers this week at home.

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: J70 on December 28, 2009, 03:43:10 AM
Uproar, even in New York, over Indianapolis' decision to substitute most of their starters, including Manning, halfway through the third quarter. Means Jets can now reach the playoffs if they beat Cincinnatti, who have nothing whatsoever to play for, next week. Can't imagine the likes of the Dolphins or the Ravens or Steelers are too happy, whatever about the Colts fans who booed the team for the final 20 minutes as they pissed their unbeaten record away. Felt really sorry for Curtis Painter, who, deputizing for Manning and stripped of most of the first choice targets and protection, had a really tough time and received a lot of abuse from the fans. Colts better win the whole thing now, especially if they rest their stars next week, or Mr Caldwell will be in a spot of bother!

Cant believe they threw away their unbeaten record the way they did.  I understand getting to and winning the Superbowl is their top priority but when your team get to the stage where they are 14-0 and have a chance of creating history - to just throw it away is shocking.

ballinaman

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on December 28, 2009, 10:15:25 AM
Quote from: J70 on December 28, 2009, 03:43:10 AM

Cant believe they threw away their unbeaten record the way they did.  I understand getting to and winning the Superbowl is their top priority but when your team get to the stage where they are 14-0 and have a chance of creating history - to just throw it away is shocking.
Agreed. Manning hasn't been injured in 14 seasons or something like that, if he had stayed in the game the would have had too much for the jets.

stew

Quote from: Capt Pat on December 28, 2009, 09:41:40 AM
The colts have their own agenda but they handled it badly I thought. They should have let the second string guys start the game and bring in the stars to save it rather than the other way round.

Brett Favre is not melting down, the team has lost those games and the Carolina result last week looks good in comparison to how the Giants played against the Panthers this week at home.

Brett Favre has melted down, he has divided the locker room, with some players dying to get jackson re-instated as the qb.

favre refuses to listen to his coach, calls a press conference and makes it look like e is runnng the show and not the coach and players are taking sides.

I blame childress for tis, a real man would have told Favre to fcuk up, sit down and if you flap your gums again you will be benched for a game thus ending the muppets games streak. after all, that is why he is still playing. ;)