American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heganboy

well actually he tied for that title with Andy Petite the Yankees pitcher.

And he wasn't even close to being the first guy to use steroids to win a ring.
first text I got this morning "the empire strikes back"
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

RedBolts

Any views on tomorrow's NFL games?

I reckon the Texans v Colts could be interesting enough, but I can't look past the Colts in this one unsurprisingly. I think last week will have been a bit of a wake-up call for them. My pick for the Superbowl at this stage. (Think NO might get it tight against Carolina - might be worth a flutter on the panthers)

Chargers v Giants is a tough one to call. The Giants have went to shit the last few weeks and the Chargers are at least beginning to show some form, but they don't look convincing. Rivers v Manning - on current form Rivers. Win would be massive for SD, and might finish NY.

Cowboys v Eagles. Another close one, but Dallas for me look better. Cowboys.

thejuice

Colts should win alright, Texans had them beat last year though but for the heroics of Sage Rosenfelds. Giants are falling apart it seems, I'd go with SD. I'd also go with the Cowboys, even though the Eagles looked good beating the Giants at the back of your mind you cant forget that they lost to the Raiders.

Denver and Pittsburgh will be another interesting one, I think the Steeler's are going to come away from Colorado with the win.  Will probably go like the Bronco's last week game against the Ravens. Miami to shock the Pats! maybe not.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Capt Pat

The texans lost their potential pro bowl tight end Daniels last week  for the season so that will hold them back against the Colts. At least they might throw his touchdown passes to Andre Johnson and help my fantasy football teams.

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: Capt Pat on November 07, 2009, 11:49:31 PM
The texans lost their potential pro bowl tight end Daniels last week  for the season so that will hold them back against the Colts. At least they might throw his touchdown passes to Andre Johnson and help my fantasy football teams.

The Colts lost their All-Pro Safety and starting Cornerback Jackson for the year which should help Houston's air attack and especially with Kevin  Walter healthy (Houston's equivalent to NE Wes Walker). Moats and Slaton make a tough combo to contain on the ground so the Colts can't throw extra players in the box to limit the run since it willinvite an areial attack on two rookie cornerbacks. This should be a great game if you don't like defense............  Colts 36  Texans 31.  The over is 50 take it!!!!!!

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

mc_grens

Has anyone gotten Bill Simmons new book yet. I'm thinkin on buying. I love his Sports Guy columns.

thejuice

Texans are up 17-13.

Johnny Mitchell hasn't a clue.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Minder

Mc Grens it's as well I didn't trade you Turner, 18 att -166 yds 2tds !
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Capt Pat

A great day for the Vikings and they didn't play. Chicago and Greenbay look to have lost their games. The Vikings are 3 games ahead with 8 games to play and I don't think it is possible that they could be caught

ONeill

Another make or breaker for the Chargers tonight v Giants. Giants in poor form recently but SD unpredictable.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Carmen Stateside

Giants cant afford to lose this one. And i cant afford to have them lose either.

thejuice

Buccs win!! Carolina beating Saints!! Lions kicking the Seahawks ass'.

mc_grens

My Pigskin Pick 'em is out the window this week!

Minder, and anyone Im still looking to deal some of my Wide Reciever corps and Matt Forte for RB help. I'm open to sensible offers. Again, I've got 4 top 15 receivers and Forte to deal with.

Carmen Stateside

Not surprised some crazy results so far today

mc_grens