American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

Did you see Favre in the play-offs last year???

Oh wait ................

The Iceman

Quote from: Puckoon on August 20, 2009, 12:06:07 AM
See! Old man Favre can stick the pace!

Seriously, Jackson didnt get benched for being the best option for the vikings.

Exactly.  Jackson is not smart enough to be a QB.  He has all the athletic ability in the world but he doesn't have it upstairs.  He has a good arm and a good scramble but he can't knit it all together. 
Sage is a great backup QB - but thats all I would merit him with at this point in his career.  He hasn't started enough to prove himself under serious pressure at this stage but this will be the perfect apprenticeship for him under Favre.  He will continue to be a great backup and put some numbers on the board and when Favre hangs up the shirt (again) Sage is their man.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

magickingdom

espn and espn america now available on choras. . .

Gabriel_Hurl

Plax takes 2 years in prison for shooting himself

Tyrones own

Any Thug that's stupid enough to shoot himself should get at least twice that :D
Yet another cop out within the courts system for our elite Role models ::)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Tyrones own on August 20, 2009, 11:14:00 PM
Any Thug that's stupid enough to shoot himself should get at least twice that :D

What's your opinion on Donte Stallworth's "sentence"?

Capt Pat

The Plax sentence is a bit harsh. This is America don't forget where you are allowed carry concealed weapons with you if you have a permit.

Tyrones own

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 20, 2009, 11:20:45 PM
Quote from: Tyrones own on August 20, 2009, 11:14:00 PM

What's your opinion on Donte Stallworth's "sentence"?

Believe it or not words escape me on that one  >:(
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

deiseach

Quote from: The Iceman on August 20, 2009, 04:34:36 PMHe hasn't started enough to prove himself under serious pressure at this stage but this will be the perfect apprenticeship for him under Favre.

Who in their right mind would want to be an apprentice to Favre? If he ever did jack it in voluntarily you'd have to put up with your every move being compared to the great gunslinger.

MaroonAndWhite

Courtesy on NFLUK.com. Its concerning......the old Sky subscription is fast looking like an unnecessary expense if the NFL goes  :(

Five to show Sunday Night Football

25 August 2009 12:04 PM - Henry Hodgson

Related:  National Football League NFL UK will continue their relationship with Five for the twelfth consecutive year after the two sides came to an agreement to show Sunday Night Football live in the UK.
Five will air Sunday Night Football for seventeen weeks, starting from Sunday September 13th, when their coverage of the 2009 NFL season begins with the clash between the Chicago Bears and Green Bay Packers. Coverage on Five will begin at approximately 1:00am each Sunday night.
Heading up Five's coverage of the games in the studio for the third consecutive year will be Mike Carlson and Nat Coombs.  The live game commentary will be taken from NBC's coverage from the USA, with Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth voicing the action.
"We are thrilled to be working with Five for a twelfth consecutive season, and I know that Mike and Nat's NFL presentation is popular with NFL UK fans," said NFL UK Managing Director Alistair Kirkwood. "Five give us the opportunity to get wide-spread coverage for our sport ahead of a third consecutive NFL regular season game at Wembley."
"I'm really excited to be back on Five," said Five NFL presenter Mike Carlson. "For the past 11 seasons we have tried to provide a different approach to the NFL season and give our audience an in-depth analysis of the live games we are covering and a bit of relaxed entertainment. It's going to be great to work with Nat again."
Further details of NFL TV coverage in the UK will be released in the coming days.
A list of confirmed Sunday Night Football fixtures is below.  Sunday Night Football fixtures between Weeks 11-16 are subject to change.

Minder

Has there been talk that Sky won't have rights to the NFL this year Maroon and White?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

MaroonAndWhite

Quote from: Minder on August 27, 2009, 08:29:17 PM
Has there been talk that Sky won't have rights to the NFL this year Maroon and White?

In negotiations still apparently. Given that kick-off is only two weeks away tonight, im getting a bit shifty. I had been under the impression that the deal with NFL ran to 2011 but obviously not.

magickingdom

with gaa finishing up i will cry if sky dont show the nfl. . i can put up with about 1 premiership game a week but then i need something else

Minder

Its peculiar that they keep showing NFL - Total Access most days if they have no deal yet to show the upcoming season. Will be devastated if they dont get it.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Gabriel_Hurl

Derek Jeter ties Lou Gehrig last night for most hits by a New York Yankee. Even though I hate them  ;) - you can't help but admire the man for his baseball skills