American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stringbean

To be fair to cook he didn't get a pile of help from his receivers!!!

Minder

Quote from: stringbean on January 08, 2017, 01:15:59 PM
To be fair to cook he didn't get a pile of help from his receivers!!!

Yeah he was bad but he got no help
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Asal Mor

Eli has started really well here. Interesting how much better his playoff record is than Rodgers. 8-3 v 7-6. Drops costing them though.

Minder

Some turnaround by the Packers, Giants should have been out of sight

cadhlancian

If Eli had the same protection that Aaron's getting, the score would be a lot different I think...
If Nelson is out , Atlanta will be too much

Minder

Quote from: cadhlancian on January 08, 2017, 11:39:11 PM
If Eli had the same protection that Aaron's getting, the score would be a lot different I think...
If Nelson is out , Atlanta will be too much

Early drops could kill the Giants, winner here plays Dallas, not Atlanta

Rodgers has been sacked 5 times, Manning once

cadhlancian

Regardless of the sack count, I think it would be fair to say Rodgers protection has been better than Mannings?

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

dec

Packers took their chances, Giants didn't.

Far East

The Packers are going to miss Jordy Nelson but Rodgers didn't get going until he got hurt.  A healthy Randal Cobb is a great weapon for Green Bay

magpie seanie

Rodgers is something else. He was magic last night against a supposedly good defence. Last night I got what Stew has been saying about play calling by McCarthy......some idiotic crap.

OBJ will need to learn from last night. He really let himself and his team down. Circus catches in the regular season mean jack sh1t if you can't haul them in when it's really needed. Pictures of him warming up shirtless in -13 degrees - stupid shite. Concentrate on the game, not making a spectacle of yourself.

AZOffaly

And afterwards he apparently head butted a wall and punched a hole in a door. Me me me me.

Yeah Rodgers was good last night. Threw some lovely balls, but in fairness he was protected so well in those plays it was unreal. The game swung, I thought, on the Hail Mary at the end of the first half. As a Giants Defense, how do you allow one of the smaller wide receivers catch a hail mary in the end zone - IN HIS BELLY!!! Mental stuff. Up to then, I thought the Giants were on top, and Rodgers was rattled. I still think you can get at Rodgers. The Cardinals game at the end of the regular season a couple of years ago sticks in my mind. He was jumping at shadows that day because he had been hit a lot. So he can make all the throws, but I still think he can get the heebie jeebies.

It's shaping up to be a good run in, because while these 4 were relatively easy to call, next weekend will be harder.

Seattle going to Atlanta is intriguing, as is Green Bay travelling to Dallas. In the AFC you'd imagine the Patriots will have a good bit too much for the Texans, but the Chiefs entertaining the Steelers will be a good one.

magpie seanie

I agree with you about Rodgers but when he is confident and not browning his togs he's outrageously good. I don't think his protection was that great even in the second half but he was seeing it all and avoiding defenders brilliantly. They have a chance against Dallas but they'll need to disrupt the run game somehow and to some degree. Otherwise there's no room for error.

Bar the Patriots cakewalk next weekends game look good. With a gun to my head I'd have to lean towards the home sides but not by much.

stew

Rodgers is one of the best ever and the pack will beat the cowboys next weekend if McCarthy does not f**k it up.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

AZOffaly

How did the Giants allow a receiver like this catch that ball?