American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oraisteach

Looks forlorn in the Green Room

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

RealSpiritof98

Watched the draft last night again re-enforced my distain towards Neil Reynolds, i dont know why but i cant have the lad. A lot of cloak and dagger stuff with the dolphins finally picking Tunsil at 18. apparantly his estranged step father uploaded a video of him smoking weed from a few years ago.

straightred

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on April 29, 2016, 09:59:47 PM
Watched the draft last night again re-enforced my distain towards Neil Reynolds, i dont know why but i cant have the lad. A lot of cloak and dagger stuff with the dolphins finally picking Tunsil at 18. apparantly his estranged step father uploaded a video of him smoking weed from a few years ago.

Read a bit about this today. American behaviour really is mad at times. So much stuff from domestic or even any kind of violence is tolerated and gun laws are nuts but smoke a joint 2 years ago at college and everyone runs a mile. I'd love to see this work out well for the Dolphins as they seem to have cut through the noise, picked the lad on ability and decided that the other stuff simply isn't relevant.

gallsman

While I'm generally not a fan of Sky's coverage, I think Reynolds is superb.

RealSpiritof98

Gallsman i cant argue against your opinion, he really is factually on the money but i just think he tries to out talk the pro's or american coach's that be on the show.

I really enjoy the NFL but some of the theatrics are astounding. The PC police are always front and centre, okay lets turn a blind eye that 90% of these guys are on PEDs but dont dare smoke a joint or take a trip to vegas. On NFL network they were bumming and blowing how they have no empathy for the lad until his fecking mother came up and gave them a rollicking and they back tracked live on air.

Oraisteach

Well, the first three rounds of the draft are over, and 10 Buckeyes have been selected.  With that many gone, who's left to play for Ohio State this year?  Thinking about suiting up myself.

Minder

This is *potentially* some draft by the Jags
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

Quote from: Oraisteach on April 30, 2016, 04:03:29 PM
Well, the first three rounds of the draft are over, and 10 Buckeyes have been selected.  With that many gone, who's left to play for Ohio State this year?  Thinking about suiting up myself.

Doesn't really speak well of the job urban did last year.

Oraisteach

Yeah, thought Meyer's play calling against MSU was poor.  No doubt that OSU was certainly one of the top four teams last year.  Wish they could have had a shot at Alabama again.

magpie seanie

Jags seem to have had an awesome draft. Very happy on the face of it with da Bears work. Also have signed Hoyer so a decent backup in case Jay goes down/melts down again. The GM and coaching staff seem to be very good though and moving things slowly in the right direction. Fingers crossed.

redhandofgod

Hoyer is complete dirt!!!! One of the worst QB's in the league.

gallsman

Hoyer is a perfectly acceptable backup QB.

gawa316

Warriors make it 2-0 without Curry. Down by 17 at one stage last night but the 4th quarter they blew Portland out of the place. Would be nice to get Curry a few mins under his belt in the next couple of games to get rid of the rustiness. I'd say Warrior win it in 5. OKC Spurs seems it will go to at least 6 games which will be good for Curry's recovery.

Oraisteach

Cavs set an NBA record scoring 18 3- pointers in the first half against the Hawks. 74-38 at the half.

They end up with 25 3-pointers, an NBA record, regular season or playoff.  In doing so, they eclipse the Warriors' playoff mark, and their stars were out of the game half way through the 3rd quarter.