American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

The Ryan Bros are as useful as tits on a bull, neither of them are worth a shite at this level but what they are good at is self promotion......................... Right up until the point they fail to deliver on promises made.

On a different note, I am torn this weekend, I am going to the game at Lambeau this weekend in Pats gear but I would be perfectly ok with a Packers win! How the hell does that happen????

Prediction, two of the best to ever play the qb position will cancel each other out, the game will be average enough and the Pack squeak out a win in Curley's house!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

cadhlancian

Quote from: J70 on November 25, 2014, 10:55:38 AM
Quote from: cadhlancian on November 25, 2014, 05:23:29 AM
The Jets are a fecking joke! How that buffoon Rex still has a job is beyond me. The other idiot brother in New Orleans isn't much better. Sean Payton gave him a nice " talking" too on the sideline tonight.

Rex didn't put the squad together and have a lot of  salary cap left over. Players just arent good enough.  He was probably finished after this year no matter what, but Idzik has bigger questions to answer. Rex will get another head coaching job, assuming he doesn't do media stuff for a bit first.
As Stew points out, they are both clowns. Idzik hasn't covered himself in glory either, but right now, I'd have the Jets , as marginally behind the Jaguars for 32nd. I guess he didn't put together the defense that got to 2 AFC games? Works both ways...

AZOffaly

Quote from: stew on November 25, 2014, 07:10:06 PM
The Ryan Bros are as useful as tits on a bull, neither of them are worth a shite at this level but what they are good at is self promotion......................... Right up until the point they fail to deliver on promises made.

On a different note, I am torn this weekend, I am going to the game at Lambeau this weekend in Pats gear but I would be perfectly ok with a Packers win! How the hell does that happen????

Prediction, two of the best to ever play the qb position will cancel each other out, the game will be average enough and the Pack squeak out a win in Curley's house!

I think a lot of the reason the Ryans are in the NFL is down to their surname. Whatever about Rex, who has been decent defensively in the past, Rob is cat. If his last name was Murphy would he be a DC in the NFL? I don't think so. I think a lot of it is he is seen as coming from the same stock as their Dad, and he talks a good game.

gallsman

I could not give less of a shite about Cecil Martin carving turkey.

Minder

Quote from: gallsman on November 27, 2014, 07:20:45 PM

Martin is a terrible analyst, not quite sure why he has some sort of cult following. If you want a cliche he will give you twenty of them.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gallsman

Quote from: Minder on November 27, 2014, 07:39:47 PM

Martin is a terrible analyst, not quite sure why he has some sort of cult following. If you want a cliche he will give you twenty of them.

He's an awful analyst and Cadle is a worse host. I'm yet to see him read out a tweet or email correctly since I started watching about five years ago.

AZOffaly

Quote from: gallsman on November 27, 2014, 07:50:48 PM
Quote from: Minder on November 27, 2014, 07:39:47 PM

He's an awful analyst and Cadle is a worse host. I'm yet to see him read out a tweet or email correctly since I started watching about five years ago.

Fair play to Sky for all the games they show, but you are right about the two lads, especially Kevin 'in our .... ball ....game' Cadle. Since I got NFL Gamepass I usually watch redzone on Sky, and watch a live game on Gamepass. The Sky game is usually blacked out on Gamepass, but not on special occasions like today. Even on a normal Sunday, I have my pick of the games not on Sky.

AZOffaly

Gas to see two brothers going against each other, especially when one is a DB and one is a WR. That can't be easy. Did the Barbers (Rhonde and Tiki) ever play against each other I wonder?

Gabriel_Hurl

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 27, 2014, 08:13:14 PM
Gas to see two brothers going against each other, especially when one is a DB and one is a WR. That can't be easy. Did the Barbers (Rhonde and Tiki) ever play against each other I wonder?

In 1997 - the Primeau (Wayne and Keith) brothers fought each other during an ice hockey game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ydg5IeZpFI

Legend has it their mother was in attendance and forbid them to fight each other ever again

cadhlancian

That's the niners done. Absolutely dreadful tonight. Alex Smith having a wry smile to himself somewhere..

gallsman

3 points at home is pretty piss poor. Sherman had a great time.

Seattle starting to rumble a bit but would want to be converting a few more of their redzone opportunities.

Carmen Stateside

Every other team try and keep the ball away from Sherman.  49ers have been a mess all year.  Problems with Harbaugh not helping.
How about those Eagles? Shady Mc Coy starting to step it up the last few weekends, and how about Sanchez?  Thought he was brilliant yesterday and could be forcing himself into the starting spot for good. Next two are tough with Seattle next week followed by the return of the Cowboys to Philly, one which i hope to be at.

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity