American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakleaflad

Quote from: Oraisteach on August 19, 2014, 06:41:31 PM
It is so satisfying to be a NE Ohio sports fan.  First, Hoyer and Manziel looked like Laurel and Hardy on Monday night, and then Braxton Miller is done for the year for the Buckeyes.  What next?  LeBron James develops severe carpal tunnel syndrome from signing autographs and decides to wind up his career. 
Would you go with Hoyer or Manziel to start the season?

Oraisteach

Hoyer.  Not a Manziel fan.  Didn't want the Browns to draft him.  Apart from him being a prima donna, he's not that fast, he's not that big, and his instinct is to run. He's one good hit from being out for the season. And we open against the Steelers!

AZOffaly

Agree. Plus he's a hateful hoor.

magpie seanie

I thought Hoyer was doing really well last season until he got injured. Drafting Manziel seemed stupid to me for a team with no decent WR's that don't smoke a lot of dope (actively or, ahem, passively, cough, cough...). The Browns have a pretty good defense, will have a passable running attack but could do with one or two more playmakers on offense so I thought Manziel was a luxury pick really and it puts Hoyer in a pretty unfortunate situation. Assuming he does win the starting job, every time he throws 3 incompletions in a row or a pick the rumbles will start a la Tebow in Denver.

Started off being a Manziel fan but now I'm pretty sick of him. Act the mick all you like if you're tearing it up on the field but he isn't so he should be pulling his horns in and showing a little respect. Respect to his own teammates above everything else.

Oraisteach

Seanie, your statement about WR's is dead on.  I watched the draft and became more and more irate as receiver after receiver was drafted and the Browns chose none of them.  If the Browns start Johnny Finger against the Steelers, he'll get his ass kicked, as ex-Bengal QB Boomer Esaison said today.

Linkbox

Manziel is a clown but the fans will chant his name if he doesn't get the number 1 spot and they start to struggle. Happened with Tebow (where the hell is he now?!).

I've been keeping tabs on hard knocks which is always worth a watch. William Moore had a ridiculous palm tree in his house. No wonder the bankruptcy rate of former players is sky high.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Linkbox on August 20, 2014, 04:23:24 AM
Manziel is a clown but the fans will chant his name if he doesn't get the number 1 spot and they start to struggle. Happened with Tebow (where the hell is he now?!).

I've been keeping tabs on hard knocks which is always worth a watch. William Moore had a ridiculous palm tree in his house. No wonder the bankruptcy rate of former players is sky high.

Tebow is out of football at the moment, but I've seen a few comments that if he came back and tried as a Tight End or a Full Back he might be able to make a career for himself. He doesn't seem keen on that. He could never throw an NFL ball, so Manziel does have that over him, but Tebow was a lot bigger than Manziel, so the old scrambling around is more likely to end up in a car crash for Manziel. And to be honest, I will smile the first time a Steelers linebacker says hello.

On another note, Darnell Dockett is out for the season for the Cardinals. Seriously bad news. Their defense is the rock they will be built on, and Dockett is a huge player and a major leader.

Minder

Quote from: Linkbox on August 20, 2014, 04:23:24 AM

Has it started here on Ch4 yet ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Minder

Hoyer named Browns starting QB
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

deiseach

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 20, 2014, 09:25:26 AM
Tebow is out of football at the moment, but I've seen a few comments that if he came back and tried as a Tight End or a Full Back he might be able to make a career for himself.

WPWJP?

AZOffaly

WPWPJ?

something something something something Jesus?

smort

Wafered Penises Wrath Jawboning Prudential??

oakleaflad

Walter Payton, Walter Jerry Payton ?

Craigyhill Terror

Quote from: deiseach on August 20, 2014, 01:53:41 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 20, 2014, 09:25:26 AM
Tebow is out of football at the moment, but I've seen a few comments that if he came back and tried as a Tight End or a Full Back he might be able to make a career for himself.

WPWJP?

What Position Would Jesus Play?

Gabriel_Hurl