American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muck Savage

Best Defense won on the night, as I said in a post before the game the Seattle secondary are the best in the business. To be fair to Kap he has a very weak receiving corp. so that needs to be taken into consideration. Two old guys and a unproven player just back from injury. Two big areas of concern last year were their secondary and their wide receivers, they fixed one last offseason and hopefully get the other fixed this offseason. Anyone questioning Kap's ability should look at the full picture and his record, a Super Bowl appearance and a Conf Championship game in 1.5 seasons, measure that against guys that haven't won a playoff game. The first half was the Kap show running up 100 yards, a lot of the 2nd half issues were down to poor receivers and the best secondary in the business. Best of luck to Seattle but I can't shout for a Pete Carroll team. Sherman I understand and it gives him a big edge in a game. Carroll should have been punished like USC were punished, when the heat came on he headed for the NFL - sc**bag!

Was hoping I'd get to see the Niners raise a Superbowl banner on opening night in the new Stadium, hopefully they can make an appearance at Superbowl 50!

cadhlancian

Magpie Seany, Carroll did cheat, last year ! Sherman and Brandon Browner both were caught using adderall last year. One appealed , the other didn't, thus ensuing that there was ZERO chance of losing them both at the same time. Don't tell me that Pete Carroll didn't know they were on it. Sherman got off on a technicality similar to what got Ryan Braun off, see how that finished up.

magpie seanie

No-one got anything to say about Belichick's disgraceful comments about Welker?

magpie seanie

Quote from: cadhlancian on January 21, 2014, 03:36:22 AM
Magpie Seany, Carroll did cheat, last year ! Sherman and Brandon Browner both were caught using adderall last year. One appealed , the other didn't, thus ensuing that there was ZERO chance of losing them both at the same time. Don't tell me that Pete Carroll didn't know they were on it. Sherman got off on a technicality similar to what got Ryan Braun off, see how that finished up.

How do you know he did know they were on it? I have no idea whether he did or didn't know.

As for the USC inducements thing - I don't really follow college football but I read Walter Payton's biography and picked up a few bits of info over the years and it's pretty clear the NCAA rules on amateurism are more abused than even the GAA's! If Pete Carroll is the only person to blame for that then I'd be surprised.

Rossie11

Quote from: The Iceman on January 20, 2014, 07:05:14 PM
Thats a bit lame boys to be honest. Seattle are hated because someone under Pete Carrol was caught receiving money/gifts?
Are all these lads on draft night born with the designer suits and gold chains they are adorned with?
They are all receiving money/gifts from teams and other colleges. Its the game.
Its not because of Carroll I have a dislike for them. Its because their defense are a bunch of mouthy hoors who play border line to the rules on every play knowing the refs cant flag them every time.
I cant stand this 12th man shite either. Yes its loud, but I would say the crowd cause the refs to make more errors than the opposition QB.
Every team gets home town decisions but Seattle get more than the average. Look at last Sunday, running into the punter, Whitner flagged on a shoulder to shoulder hit, Bowman stripping ball when he got injured. All terrible decisions. And it took the an age for them to finally flag Wilson for grounding.

cadhlancian

Really Seany? You aren't sure if the head coach knew about this? Let me give you the answer. Dam sure he knew about it. In regards to USC, simply put, he bailed on a sinking ship. He knew 100% what was coming down , and got the f**k out of dodge...
Bellichick was right, Welker cleaned out Talib on an illegal hit, that wasn't flagged.

The Iceman

What should Pete Caroll have done? What would make it right in everyone's eyes?
I don't get the mentality of people sometimes. Go down with a sinking ship? Or avoid disaster and take an opportunity in the NFL..... I think I know what everyone of you would do.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Gabriel_Hurl

I don't like Carroll because of his stupid smug face

cadhlancian

USC 's football program got hammered, as did Reggie Bush. Carroll walked away with zero sanctions. Why would anyone walk away from what as at the time, unequivocally college footballs best job? He was in his 50,s , and had already failed as a head coach in the NFL.

Wildweasel74

This superbowl gona be one-sided, people give seattle a game chance , but they dont excately set the world on fire outside seattle, Denver Broncos have been the strongest team in the states past 2 years and missed out the superbowl last yr after champ bailey stumbled. Denver have a strong defence and serious fire power up front, they have way too much for Seattle, but expect a great game though, Superbowls tend not to be overly great games after 2 clinkers with last minute winning touch downs, 4/5yrs back

Gabriel_Hurl

It was Rahim Moore, not Champ who stumbled last year

gallsman

Quote from: cadhlancian on January 21, 2014, 06:02:35 PM
USC 's football program got hammered, as did Reggie Bush. Carroll walked away with zero sanctions. Why would anyone walk away from what as at the time, unequivocally college footballs best job? He was in his 50,s , and had already failed as a head coach in the NFL.

I'm sure he was terribly upset with being officially stripped of the Heisman when picking up a Superbowl and two subsequent contracts. Reggie didn't get touched.

cadhlancian

Maybe not financially. His legacy at USC was though.

heganboy

Quote from: cadhlancian on January 21, 2014, 08:03:04 PM

that's a bit like saying he was really badly injured. His pride was hurt.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

gallsman

Quote from: cadhlancian on January 21, 2014, 08:03:04 PM

USC won the title and Reggie Bush won the Heisman. Whether the NCAA officially recognises it or not is moot.