American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crete Boom

Quote from: magpie seanie on December 16, 2013, 11:12:16 PM
We need Baltimore to win tonight. Then it's back in the Bears hands.

Go Seanie , go Ravens , GO BEARSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D

magpie seanie

Quote from: Crete Boom on December 17, 2013, 02:11:22 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on December 16, 2013, 11:12:16 PM
We need Baltimore to win tonight. Then it's back in the Bears hands.

Go Seanie , go Ravens , GO BEARSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D

Tucker take a bow! I suppose he owed us one after that crazy overtime game that he kicked the winner in after Gould's uncharacteristic miss. A 61-yarder though!

Two tough but winnable games for da Bears, @ Philly and v. the fudge. Both will probably be shootouts what with da Bears porous defense and potent offense and both opponents a little the same way.

I think the Lions will win out (v. Giants, @ Vikings) to finish 9-7. Fudge have a tough one v. Steelers next week but I reckon they'll take that one. Bears have to win both remaining games because of poor division record.

SLIGONIAN

Lads im not as knowledgable with American football as i am with GAA :P, but i really think the dolphins are the real deal and tannehill looks a quality QB, whats yere verdict?

I think we'll get the wild card.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

cadhlancian

Very average tbh. Then again, this is probably the worst AFC ive seen in over a decade. People talk about great defenses in the NFL ( the NFC has 2 ). Not alone , does the AFC have NO great defenses , there are literally NO good defenses even :o. I really believe that any team in the AFC playoff picture can make the SB...Tannehill is progressing well, but hes still very much an average QB in the bigger context of things, would be very hard to see the Dolphins going into either Cincy, NE, Denver or Indy and winning?

FL/MAYO

The Dolphins are progressing nicely this year, Tannenhill  has come on in leap and bounds the second half of the season, especially when you consider how depleted his Offensive Line has become since the Incognito/Martin bullying saga. They will be happy to get a wildcard game and get to the playoffs for the first time since 2008. Should be a Seahawks/Broncos Superbowl with the Seahawks winning.

AZOffaly

I don't trust the Broncos to get there, especially if Welker gets another concussion. I predict a Manning interception and someone like the Ravens or Patriots to knock them off.

Muck Savage

I reckon a Niners Panthers NFC title game and Pats Ravens AFC game with Niners Pats SB.
Ravens will win their Division then beat KC and Denver, Colts beat Dolphins and then get dropped by NE.
One the other side the SB will be decided in the Niners Seaguls game and just because Pete Carroll is such a cheat and it's Seattle I hope the niners kick ass (I fear the opposite however)

Syferus

Loving Wilson's progression. Probably the best QB of the 2012 class so far and an incredible steal in the third round. Has all the makings of an elite QB.

ONeill

Chargers hanging in. Need Ravens to fall.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Dolphins 8-7
Ravens 8-7
Chargers 8-7

for the last spot.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Syferus

Quote from: ONeill on December 23, 2013, 12:32:55 AM
Dolphins 8-7
Ravens 8-7
Chargers 8-7

for the last spot.

Steelers still alive as well if they beat the Pack. Would be hilarious if they made it after the season they've had.

AZOffaly

Cards probably won't make it even though they had a brilliant win up in Seattle. 10-5 today. Need some unlikely results and a win v SF next week to have any chance.

cadhlancian

That Bears run D is fecking shocking! It was ridiculous to go back to Cutler after the way McCown had played the previous month. The usual franchise QB talk is absolut shitetalk. Cutler hadn't put 3 or 4 games together like McCown had, in years. Not much help from his O linemen, but he is distinctly average. Will be gone at the end of the season, McCown signed for a fraction of the money, and the rest spent on much needed help on the other side of the ball....

Minder

Gonna be some bad teams in the playoffs, I know there are weak teams every year but it seems more pronounced this year, and Arizona could miss out with an 11-5 record.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

magpie seanie

Quote from: cadhlancian on December 23, 2013, 04:33:45 AM
That Bears run D is fecking shocking! It was ridiculous to go back to Cutler after the way McCown had played the previous month. The usual franchise QB talk is absolut shitetalk. Cutler hadn't put 3 or 4 games together like McCown had, in years. Not much help from his O linemen, but he is distinctly average. Will be gone at the end of the season, McCown signed for a fraction of the money, and the rest spent on much needed help on the other side of the ball....

Agree entirely. I was one of Cutler's biggest defenders but it's patently clear that he is not as comfortable in this offense as McCown. With the way the Bears defense is you have to get a score almost every possession and starting the game the way they did was a disaster. It's a tough decision and I reckon they'll stick with Cutler. I'd go with McCown. Cutler has been terrible against the Packers in recent times. It was good to see Briggs back but he was rusty. Hopefully the game will bring him on becasue he was obviously a yard or two off his usual self last night.

If da Bears make the playoffs with that defense (a) it's almost and miracle and (b) they won't last long in the playoffs. Typical that after all those years of having good defenses and poor offenses that once the offense gets sorted the arse falls out of the defense!!!!!