American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Wanted to stay up for it but the office party took its toll on me and I nodded off. I think the Falcons now have home field advantage now for the NFC. It hasn't been much of an advantage previously but this year seems different. Smith seems to know that they have to start peaking now and they look like they are starting to.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Wildweasel74

See Calvin Johnson broke the regular season receiving record last night, held by Jerry Rice. Johnson a special player but outside of Stafford the Lions have very little else. There are some very special players playing in the NFL at the minute who are certain hall of famers and legends in the making

Minder

So Peterson finished 9 yards short of the rushing record, thought he was gonna smash it earlier in the game, he just ran out of time.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Minder on December 31, 2012, 12:45:59 AM
So Peterson finished 9 yards short of the rushing record, thought he was gonna smash it earlier in the game, he just ran out of time.

How far short of the end zone was his last drive stopped at? In other words if he had of got in for the TD would it have taken him past the record?

Vikings reface GB next weekend again.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

David McKeown

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 31, 2012, 01:43:23 AM

How far short of the end zone was his last drive stopped at? In other words if he had of got in for the TD would it have taken him past the record?

Yes had he have gotten to end zone he would have broken record by about 4 yards. Some season for him. Mind you if Goddell gets his way the records will all be reset in 2 years anyway with the extra games.

Would imagine GB will be too strong at home next week but you got to be in it to win it etc. hope Peterson gets the MVP he deserves now too.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

tyroneman

Seattle can be had at 14/1 for SB............

Can beat anyone on their day.

Minder

Quote from: David McKeown on December 31, 2012, 02:58:40 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 31, 2012, 01:43:23 AM

Yes had he have gotten to end zone he would have broken record by about 4 yards. Some season for him. Mind you if Goddell gets his way the records will all be reset in 2 years anyway with the extra games.

Would imagine GB will be too strong at home next week but you got to be in it to win it etc. hope Peterson gets the MVP he deserves now too.

Yeah it was a 29 yard field goal that won it so he must have got to the 11 yd line, so if he was able to take it in he would have broken the record.

Hound

That was a fantastic match between the Vikings and Packers. Delighted for the Vikings that they squezzed into the playoffs, Peterson was awesome, but the QB did his stuff too.

Though its hard to see them repeating the dose next week in Green Bay

Minder

Some bit of firing of Head Coaches today

Whisenhunt - Cardinals
Reid - Eagles
Smith - Bears
Gailey - Bills
Shurmur - Browns
Crennel - Chiefs
Turner - Chargers

AZOffaly

They call it Black Monday. Pity about Whiz but he's mucked up the QB situation too badly, for someone who is supposed to be an offensive coach. Sad to see Andy Reid run out of road in Philly and also probably the end of the road altogether for Norv.

Capt Pat

A handful of GMs got shown the door too. None were vikings who saved their season in the last few weeks with some big wins. Peterson came up short of Dickersons total but still had 2000+ yards rushing.

The vikings and packers will go at it again next week. It will be a close game I think?

Syferus

A bit harsh on Lovie in particular. The Bears have been as good as you can expect of a team with as poor an offensive line and only one receiver could be the past few years. I don't think changing coaches makes it any easier to fix the problems with the Bears and their defence, which is already ageing, is going to suffer particularly.

bootboy

Thought Lovie would have stayed, getting rid of Mike Tice may have been a better solution. Only one playoff appearance in the last six years, albeit with injuries to Cutler the last two years, ultimately cost him. Surprised to see Jim Schwartz still employed?

ONeill

The locals seemed to have fallen out of love with Norv a long time ago.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

RealSpiritof98

Could Andy Reid actually go to the BEARs ::), most commentator seem pretty sure he'll get a job somewhere.