American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barelegs

He's had his moments. I'm still to be convinced. He's basically got three people he can throw to Hartline, Bess and Fasano. The first two are decent slot receivers but at the minute are having to play at 1 and 2. I'll make my mind up next season on him.

Some of the play calling today was cruel. Spending the final quarter passing while up 4 while having success with the run made no sense. Defence is shaping well especially against the run.

More bright spots than I'd imagined at this stage of the season if I'm honest. The win last week got my hopes up!

RealSpiritof98

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 23, 2012, 10:46:25 PM
Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on September 23, 2012, 10:42:54 PM
Cards looking dreamy, had then +4, dont rate the eagles, but they're on self destruct ATM

Hold tough, the inevitable implosion is due any minute. I'm thinking a kickoff return for TD followed by a fumble return.
Quote from: Minder on September 23, 2012, 10:44:22 PM
Cards looking dreamy, had then +4, dont rate the eagles, but they're on self destruct ATM
Andy Reid will be getting the boot soon I would say.

AZ you think i've jinxd them, cant see it tonight. Reid has lost some beef and should lose his job. Some super viewing tonight plus i've just realised that skygo has redzone. only disapointment is the 49ers losing their winning record

Minder

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on September 23, 2012, 11:16:35 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on September 23, 2012, 10:46:25 PM

Hold tough, the inevitable implosion is due any minute. I'm thinking a kickoff return for TD followed by a fumble return.
Quote from: Minder on September 23, 2012, 10:44:22 PM
Andy Reid will be getting the boot soon I would say.

AZ you think i've jinxd them, cant see it tonight. Reid has lost some beef and should lose his job. Some super viewing tonight plus i've just realised that skygo has redzone. only disapointment is the 49ers losing their winning record

Where is Redzone on SkyGo?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

RealSpiritof98

its on the SKYSPORTSXTRA that is next to and has the same billing as ESPN classic, clicked on it by mistake earlier and it was showing redzone, sweet.

Minder

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on September 23, 2012, 11:22:43 PM
its on the SKYSPORTSXTRA that is next to and has the same billing as ESPN classic, clicked on it by mistake earlier and it was showing redzone, sweet.

I am looking on IPad so mustn't be available on it.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

RealSpiritof98

I have it on PC, its just before skynews

RealSpiritof98

You need to click into a channel, open up a pop up box and scroll down the viewing. it doesn't seem to be on the TV guide

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

RealSpiritof98

Manning is some pup, i fancy a stop here and manning to take it down

Capt Pat

The Vikings looked like potential world beaters, for tonight at least. They bossed the best team in the NFl for the first two weeks for the whole game. The Vikings get wide receiver Jerome Simpson back from suspension next week and play the Lions who just can't defend.

AZOffaly

3-0 great stuff. And no need for Cardiac Cards either!

AZOffaly

Meanwhile, the frustration level grows at the scab refs. I thought this was funny (and probably fine-worthy) from Patriots Linebacker Brandon Spikes.

QuotePatriots linebacker Brandon Spikes took to Twitter to express his anger with the replacement refs.

"Can someone please tell these f------ zebras foot locker called and they're needed Back at work !!!! #BreakingPoint," Spikes tweeted.

Capt Pat

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 24, 2012, 10:16:50 AM
Meanwhile, the frustration level grows at the scab refs. I thought this was funny (and probably fine-worthy) from Patriots Lineba
QuotePatriots linebacker Brandon Spikes took to Twitter to express his anger with the replacement refs.

"Can someone please tell these f------ zebras foot locker called and they're needed Back at work !!!! #BreakingPoint," Spikes tweeted.

For those that didn't see it the Ravens won with a last second field goal that looked wide to me. It was a short range effort that went high over the post. That is not reviewable
Belichek went nuts and dragged one of the refs by the arm. He will get a big fine.

thejuice

Quote from: ONeill on September 23, 2012, 11:35:40 PM
Falcons look decent.

Yeah, what a surprise, Matt Ryan highest ranked QB and suddenly our rubbish secondary is the best in the league. DeCoud is playing better than I thought he had in him.

Just goes to show the difference coaching staff can have on a team. Feel a bit bad for Michael Turner though, his numbers will be fairly cut down this year. But if he wins a trophy he'll hardly give a shite.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Puckoon

Crazy finish to the GB game. It will be a long day of analysis tomorrow.