American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Can you record programmes on the red button ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Galwaybhoy

So ESPN won't be showing MNF over here?  Free to air or not its a small step back if we can not record red button games.  Disappointed to hear this.

Capt Pat

Will those live broadcasts work in the republic on the bbc website. It would be nice to get away from the atdhe and first row sports.

Capt Pat

Nope it doesn't work for republicans.

AZOffaly

Bit of an offer this weekend for Game Pass lads this weekend. If anyone's interested.

Excited about your favourite team's game this weekend? Try NFL Game Pass for free until September 17th, and don't miss a minute of live action from Week 2!

NFL Game Pass is an online, on-demand service that gives you:

Access to every minute of every NFL game throughout the 2012 NFL Season *
    Access to 256 games during the 2012 NFL Regular Season
    Access to the NFL Game Pass archives, allowing you to watch any game from the past three seasons (2009-2011)
    Access to live NFL Network streaming for the best preview, review and historic NFL programming available
    Access to NFL RedZone which allows you to watch Every Touchdown from Every Game Live on Sundays
    Access to everything NFL Game Pass has to offer on your smartphone or tablet via the free NFL Game Pass app
    Ability to watch as many as four games simultaneously in a split-screen format
    Ability to watch entire games, condensed into 30 minutes of pure gameplay – no commercials, timeouts, or downtime

With fully functional DVR (think Sky+) controls you are in total control. You can watch as many as four games at once, chat to other fans and access game stats on-demand. The system will stream the games to you at the optimum quality for your internet connection. And the HD quality means you can hook your PC or laptop up to your TV.

* Local restrictions apply. Blackouts apply to games broadcast live on Sky Sports. For full FAQs please click here.

Game Pass offers a full support system if you require more information on the product:

Send an e-mail to gamepass.support@nfl.com
    Call customer support (any time from 12:00pm ET to 10:00pm ET) at 001-407-936-0867
    Chat with a customer service representative at http://nfl.com/subscriptionsupport

Did you know Game Pass is on Twitter? Follow us for special promotions and product updates: @NFLGamePass

Minder

Is it handy enough to cancel after the weekend free trial ?

AZOffaly

Dunno, I'd imagine so. These things are usually sound enough to cancel, you just send a cancellation email or whatever.

stew

The Packers are banged up big style according to the local hacks, I thought they would lose to the  forty whiners and da bears are in town, I had breakfast this morning in a hotel and low and behold the Bears came and ate all round them, these boys are feckin massive.

I think the Pack are losing the night but they will right the ship and win 11 games this season, Woodson is learning the free safety spot and they did go up against the leagues best D in game one, the Bears now can attack through the air with the weapons they have and I think they will beat a team that is low on confidence and still trying to find it's identity.

The pack have to run the ball well to have any chance at all, 2.6 yards per carry is not going to get it done, they need to average about 4-5 to have any chance.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

AZOffaly

Is this in Lambeau as well? Unusual to open with two games at home. I thought it was in Chicago, and I was picking the Bears. If it's in Lambeau I may reconsider.

stew

It is AZ, I have tickets to the game, box seats and I am not going near the place.

AZOffaly

Jaysus. I'd ate your hand off for them if I was over there :D

stew

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 13, 2012, 04:31:31 PM
Jaysus. I'd ate your hand off for them if I was over there :D

You wouldnt have to AZ, I simply give them to ye. :D

Anyhow, I donated them to a good cause, a good mate of mine here lost a leg to Cancer and then on top of that developed brain cancer and was not insured, there is a big benefit on Sunday for him but I gave the tickets to his brother and he sold them for $600.00 apiece.

If you ever want tickets to Lambeau AZ give me a weeks notice and you will have them.

RealSpiritof98

Raging about ESPN not showing MNF, how can I get to watch the preview show with Boomer et al

Minder

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on September 13, 2012, 07:54:47 PM
Raging about ESPN not showing MNF, how can I get to watch the preview show with Boomer et al

Yeah red button isn't much use when you cant record, realistically who can sit up and watch it live if you work in the morning ?

Capt Pat

I signed up for that free trial. It won't include the monday night game. I have to cancel prior to the 17th Monday. I will get the Packers bears tonight and the vikings on early sunday before sending an e-mail to cancel.129 of the sterlings is too rich for my blood.

I can watch the packers bears tomorrow at my leisure.