American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

new devil

Quote from: Puckoon on October 12, 2011, 05:16:38 PM
Quote from: stew on October 12, 2011, 03:41:43 PM
Quote from: The Claw on October 11, 2011, 07:54:41 PM
You have to love Tebow lads, I think he will really spark the Broncos this year. When he played last year he put up big numbers throwing and rushing. The man is an animal - he is built like a linebacker - much more able to take hits than Vick.

What the hell I'm gonna say what a few people are afraid to say - Tebow will be a very good NFL player.

Tebow is a winner, full stop, i think he will figure it out but he has serious mechanical issues that should have been fixed by his college coaches to prepare him for the NFL, they didnt fix them and he will struggle for a while in my opinion, that said he will be a winner in the NFL, he has what it takes.

I don't know if this will show the entire documentary - but if anyone wants to download this - you can see for yourself just how hard Tebow worked post college/pre draft to work on his throwing motion (as well as everything else).

http://everythinginbetween.com/

Its on tonight on ESPN2 at 11.00pm ET

magpie seanie

Surprises me (though I'm a Bears fan so biased) that people were/are not too enamoured with the Wembley matchup this season. Bears have the greatest kick returner in the history of the NFL as well as two future hall of fame linebackers. They were a drive away from taking the divisional final to overtime last January and could also possibly have won the Superbowl a few years back - with Rex Grossman at QB!!!!!

Tampa were the feel good, youngry team of last season just missing out on the playoffs in a tough division.

Really looking forward to it. Would like a good game but really want a Bears win. 83-5 da Bears!

AZOffaly

I think it's the Buccs again Seanie. Certainly I'm not overly enthused by the matchup, and these days you tend to pick and choose more. If it was the bears - niners, bears - cowboys or whatever I'd be much more likely to go. I find the Buccs a boring, nondescript team. They're good, but not great. Competitive, but not really exciting.

stew

da bears still suck, they have the most miserable bastard on the planet for a qb and their best linebacker is past his sell by date, Hester is fantastic and worth the entrance money alone but the bears are now the third best team in the division and will be lucky to make the playoffs.

I just put $300 on the packers to win the superbowl, I am convinced they are going to win it all again, I dont know how you stop them, they are that good.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: stew on October 20, 2011, 05:41:49 PM
da bears still suck, they have the most miserable b**tard on the planet for a qb and their best linebacker is past his sell by date, Hester is fantastic and worth the entrance money alone but the bears are now the third best team in the division and will be lucky to make the playoffs.

I just put $300 on the packers to win the superbowl, I am convinced they are going to win it all again, I dont know how you stop them, they are that good.

The only thing with the Packers is that they are playing so well at the moment that you wonder can they keep up their current level of play all season? They are surely bound to hit a speedbump sooner or later. Reminds me of the season when the Patriots went unbeaten and were playing at an even higher level that the Packers are now. Of course then they got to the Superbowl and duly lost it. Granted everything went right for the Giants that day including miracle catches.

Capt Pat

The Packers aren't that good. They only beat rookie Cam Newtons Panthers by 7. The Rams had more offensive yards than the Packers on sunday. On the plus side the defense and especially Clay Matthews have yet to get going. If they do the Packers could be very hard to beat.

Minder

Quote from: Capt Pat on October 20, 2011, 06:35:45 PM
The Packers aren't that good. They only beat rookie Cam Newtons Panthers by 7. The Rams had more offensive yards than the Packers on sunday. On the plus side the defense and especially Clay Matthews have yet to get going. If they do the Packers could be very hard to beat.

I don't see anyone better than them at the minute. Still early enough in the season though.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

magpie seanie

Packers are the best at the moment but as mentioned we've seen more dominant teams fail to go all the way. They are bloody good.

Cutler may be a misery guts but he has reason to be and if anything may have grown a pair of nuts recently. Team should be better but has been badly mismanaged. Not sure Detroit are all they are cracked up to be but I struggle to see the Bears getting to 10-6 which will be a minimum requirement to make the playoffs.

Bucs can't be anything else with the way their scummy owners have underfunded them though apparently one Superbowl means they are adored in Tampa. United supporters obviously have higher standards! Must pack my green and gold scarf!

stew

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 20, 2011, 10:09:57 PM
Packers are the best at the moment but as mentioned we've seen more dominant teams fail to go all the way. They are bloody good.

Cutler may be a misery guts but he has reason to be and if anything may have grown a pair of nuts recently. Team should be better but has been badly mismanaged. Not sure Detroit are all they are cracked up to be but I struggle to see the Bears getting to 10-6 which will be a minimum requirement to make the playoffs.

Bucs can't be anything else with the way their scummy owners have underfunded them though apparently one Superbowl means they are adored in Tampa. United supporters obviously have higher standards! Must pack my green and gold scarf!

Seanie, they are going to get him killed, you dont pick a guy like him up and not get him blockers he needs, the offensive coordinator is seriously going to ruin cutler's future health.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

magpie seanie

Quote from: stew on October 20, 2011, 10:28:11 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on October 20, 2011, 10:09:57 PM

Seanie, they are going to get him killed, you dont pick a guy like him up and not get him blockers he needs, the offensive coordinator is seriously going to ruin cutler's future health.

Agree totally. It's crazy. Things looked better against the Vikings who have a good pass rush despite being a terrible team. TE Spaeth can block and they just need to leave bodies in to help Cutler. Trouble is then the WR's are so ordinary they will struggle to beat their men.

ONeill

Chargers have blown a 21-10 HT lead. Rivers all over the shop. Last chance now.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Carmen Stateside

Interceptions were a killer.  Jets showed well second half.
Vickings new Quarterback has had some start, Ponder on his first play threw a 73 yard completion to the packers 1 yard line.  Finished the drive with a TD completion to Shianco, Mc Nabb looked gutted!
Tebow pulls out the win aswell today.

tyroneman

Boller showing what a complete joke he is at QB. 2 interceptions already and Kansas 14-0 up. Raiders should be rolling over teams like KC.

Game is over if he gets another drive.

gawa316

Quote from: tyroneman on October 23, 2011, 09:50:04 PM
Boller showing what a complete joke he is at QB. 2 interceptions already and Kansas 14-0 up. Raiders should be rolling over teams like KC.

Who's back up?

What ever happened to Gradkowski? i thought he was decent back up

Minder

Quote from: gawa316 on October 23, 2011, 09:56:46 PM
Quote from: tyroneman on October 23, 2011, 09:50:04 PM

Who's back up?

What ever happened to Gradkowski? i thought he was decent back up

Gradkowski is now with the Bengals ironically, Palmer seems to be the backup.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"