Denn Forever

Did they play or was in cancelled?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Orior

Quote from: Nally Stand on July 05, 2011, 12:15:27 PM
Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on July 05, 2011, 11:42:49 AM
It appears that Tonto and EG were right....it's not the orange order's fault...it's them fcukers @MTV!!!!!

The Orange Order has blamed what it calls the "MTV generation" for on-street drinking which community workers say fuelled trouble at a parade in east Belfast on Friday.

It came after the order and the police pledged a robust approach to those drinking near parades.
Order Grand Secretary Drew Nelson said action was needed.

"My analysis is that these young people, what they think is cool and socially acceptable  they don't take their lead from the Orange Order or the churches or the traditional organisations, but they take it from the media, they take it from people like MTV.

"What I think is quite damaging is the fact that the MTV awards are coming to Belfast and it has become public now that there is going to be an all-night bar licensed to sell alcohol right through to six o'clock the next morning.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-14016168

/Jim.

Who is this MTV fella? Sounds like a bad egg.

LOL. Must be some kind of Traditional Volunteer.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Fear ón Srath Bán

All that just to agree with me!  :D

Look, you'll forgive some if they draw little or no distinction between the  Newtownbutler Border Defenders flute band and some other Orange Front of Judea offshoot. If not technically of the OO, then they most certainly are of the spirit, and I doubt if we'd have to dig very deep to find cross membership!
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

lawnseed

Quote from: ExcellentDriver on June 29, 2011, 05:56:09 PM
LVF = Vindictive c**ts. The lowest of the low.

Of course the DUP buddied up to them, using Sinn Fein's buddying up to the 'Ra as self-justification. It makes me sick that the two most Sectarian Parties in NI are now 'Men of Peace'.
you'd rather "the two most sectarian parties" were still at war.. ::) BTW i think you'll find that the shinners don't give a toss what religion you are as long as you vote for them so your stretching it a bit labling them sectarian
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Nally Stand

EG, if the good ol' Border Defenders were only interested in having a wee fundraiser parade, would it not be a more successful fundraiser if they held it in a village where they were actually welcome? Or is it just maybe possible that there is a bit of triumphalist coat trailing somewhere deep down in the motivating factors?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: Evil Genius on July 07, 2011, 02:24:10 PM
Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on July 05, 2011, 11:42:49 AMIt appears that Tonto and EG were right....it's not the orange order's fault...it's them fcukers @MTV!!!!!
And where did I ever claim "it's is not the OO's fault"?

When I eg posted on the 'Kingsmills' thread:
"I freely accept that the OO has members, even whole Lodges, in parts of NI whose behaviour is an utter disgrace. And just as bad is the inability or unwillingness of the leadership to root these ones out. Consequently, I believe that the OO is a severely discredited organisation, which needs major reform if it is to take its place properly and acceptably in normal society."

Like a lot of posters on this thread, you might be better advised to read what I actually write, rather than seeing in my posts what it suits you to see... ::)

Lord Jaysus wept, the post was meant tongue in cheek no need to get in a strop.

Quote from: Evil Genius on July 07, 2011, 02:45:23 PM
Still, I suppose I'll be accused by Jim Murphy  of being some sort of spokesman for the OO, for pointing out mere facts... ::)

As above, out the wrong side of the bed or something?

/Jim.

Evil Genius

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 07, 2011, 09:31:54 PM
All that just to agree with me!  :D

Look, you'll forgive some if they draw little or no distinction between the  Newtownbutler Border Defenders flute band and some other Orange Front of Judea offshoot. If not technically of the OO, then they most certainly are of the spirit, and I doubt if we'd have to dig very deep to find cross membership!
Bulls hit!

In your rush to apportion blame (1st reply and all that), you posted the following:

"Apparently the threat specifically mentions that the ballad group 'will be shot if we can't march'. Nothing to do with OO of course, not a thing."

Except that it wasn't an LVF threat, nor was the parade an OO event.

In other words, your point depended on two simple facts, both of which were wrong.

Congratulations.

P.S. If you're looking for a further reply, I'll be over on the Ian McCrea thread, lambasting the GAA for torching his car, since I've decided to follow your "Themmuns is all the same" rationale, in casting wild accusations on topics I know sod-all about...  ::)
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Evil Genius

Quote from: Nally Stand on July 07, 2011, 09:47:18 PMEG, if the good ol' Border Defenders were only interested in having a wee fundraiser parade, would it not be a more successful fundraiser if they held it in a village where they were actually welcome? Or is it just maybe possible that there is a bit of triumphalist coat trailing somewhere deep down in the motivating factors?
Why do you think the Band isn't welcome?

Perhaps because Newtownbutler is 90% RC, with at least some of that 90% very sympathetic to bigoted Republican terrorists:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C62xirX8__g

And why do you think NTB is 90% RC, when the Protestant population was formerly rather higher? Might it be something to do with the following?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Troubles_in_Newtownbutler

Now ask yourself why this Band has "Newtownbutler" in its title. Might it be because it is made up both of people from the area and also of people who used to live in and around Newtownbutler, but who were forced out by the self-same "patriots" who are commemorated in the (illegal) monument featured in the video clip?

Now I have no time for many of the Bands who parade provocatively up and down the streets of NI, whose musical ability is in inverse proportion to their ability to stir up trouble etc.

But the reason why bands like the NTB Border Defenders are so important to their members, is often because it is a rare remaining link with the place they used to call "Home". Therefore it is important to them to demonstrate (literally) that places like that ought to be just as much "theirs", as belonging to people who forced them out in the first place.

In fact, the existence of bands like that are a direct consequence of a deliberate Republican policy of "Balkanisation" in NI, carried out by both the IRA and by SF (in so far as they are two separate entities), during a prolonged campaign of murder and intimidation. And considering that such people willingly drove out their Protestant neighbours in the first place, we should not be surprised that as "Concerned Residents" [sic], they are just as keen to keep them out on the annual occasion when they (Protestants) seek to return.

All of which leads to the irony that the band is actually more "welcome" in the Irish Republic, than it is in its own village... ::)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XLDdjFWOT8
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Nally Stand

Firstly, you didn't answer my question, and secondly, you just reminded me again of how pointless it is getting into a discussion with you at all, given that you insist on making the fanciful claim thag the IRA were into some sort of Protestant ethnic cleansing campaign. Must be just a bizzare coincidence that most of these Protestants were in the "security" forces I guess.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Oraisteach

EG, again I hate to be perceived as a defender of callous murderers, but I'm also irked (yes, that word that you loathe) by your persistent genocide theory, that Protestants were systematically exterminated by virtue of their religion.  In particular, the Wiki article that you mention lists 13 people killed in and around NTB.  Of that 13, only one was a Protestant civilian (3 were Catholic).  Of the rest, 1 was a Provo informer, 1 a Garda, and 7 were members of the security forces, suggesting that whether or not you think it justified, the IRA was involved in a war, not ethnic cleansing.

As for the welcome in the South, in the other video, the NTB Border Defenders were at the annual July 12th OO parade in Rosnowlagh, not simply putting on a concert of Sousa marches at the bandstand in Warrenpoint.  I don't know if individual NTB  BD members belong to the OO in fact, but they surely do in spirit, and will no doubt revel in the triumphalism of the season. 

Applesisapples

Quote from: Evil Genius on July 08, 2011, 06:48:41 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on July 07, 2011, 09:47:18 PMEG, if the good ol' Border Defenders were only interested in having a wee fundraiser parade, would it not be a more successful fundraiser if they held it in a village where they were actually welcome? Or is it just maybe possible that there is a bit of triumphalist coat trailing somewhere deep down in the motivating factors?
Why do you think the Band isn't welcome?

Perhaps because Newtownbutler is 90% RC, with at least some of that 90% very sympathetic to bigoted Republican terrorists:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C62xirX8__g

And why do you think NTB is 90% RC, when the Protestant population was formerly rather higher? Might it be something to do with the following?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Troubles_in_Newtownbutler

Now ask yourself why this Band has "Newtownbutler" in its title. Might it be because it is made up both of people from the area and also of people who used to live in and around Newtownbutler, but who were forced out by the self-same "patriots" who are commemorated in the (illegal) monument featured in the video clip?

Now I have no time for many of the Bands who parade provocatively up and down the streets of NI, whose musical ability is in inverse proportion to their ability to stir up trouble etc.

But the reason why bands like the NTB Border Defenders are so important to their members, is often because it is a rare remaining link with the place they used to call "Home". Therefore it is important to them to demonstrate (literally) that places like that ought to be just as much "theirs", as belonging to people who forced them out in the first place.

In fact, the existence of bands like that are a direct consequence of a deliberate Republican policy of "Balkanisation" in NI, carried out by both the IRA and by SF (in so far as they are two separate entities), during a prolonged campaign of murder and intimidation. And considering that such people willingly drove out their Protestant neighbours in the first place, we should not be surprised that as "Concerned Residents" [sic], they are just as keen to keep them out on the annual occasion when they (Protestants) seek to return.

All of which leads to the irony that the band is actually more "welcome" in the Irish Republic, than it is in its own village... ::)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XLDdjFWOT8
Bullshit is right EG, no coat trailing band should parade where it isn't welcome, perhaps the reason the population used to be reversed in composition had some thing to do with the housing allocation that pertained under Unionist rule.

Forever Green

Bunch of inbred of cnuts. Hope they all fall into their precious bonfires >:(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-14096799

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-14097738

But sure it has nothing to do with marching season.

Pretty safe to say this was them as well

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-14097824

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Evil Genius on July 08, 2011, 06:21:51 PM
Except that it wasn't an LVF threat, nor was the parade an OO event.

In other words, your point depended on two simple facts, both of which were wrong.

Congratulations.

1. I didn't mention the LVF, you did.

2. If the OO weren't as predisposed to marching through areas where they are not welcome, we wouldn't have their menacing and nasty little emulators in places like Newtownbutler. So it may have little or nothing to do with the OO directly, but it has everything to do with the OO indirectly; all part of the Orange 'tradition'.

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

lynchbhoy

oh good jaysus- the aparthid state and genocidal tendencies was actually the taigs/nationalists/IRA etc now (as opposed to the establishment status quo and their hate filled oppressors and death dealers as in the crown forces/security forces/army/unionist and loyalist paramilitary squads)!!
what fantastic revisionism.
::)

LeoMc

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 11, 2011, 11:16:09 AM
oh good jaysus- the aparthid state and genocidal tendencies was actually the taigs/nationalists/IRA etc now (as opposed to the establishment status quo and their hate filled oppressors and death dealers as in the crown forces/security forces/army/unionist and loyalist paramilitary squads)!!
what fantastic revisionism.
::)