Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southtyronegael

Angelo

Quote from: marty34 on November 06, 2020, 08:14:11 PM
Mickey Moran.

Moran's last intercounty job was over a decade ago with Leitrim.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

square_ball

Quote from: ONeill on November 06, 2020, 08:04:08 PM
Give it til Art.

When Tyrone are playing Trillick he'll give a few dungannon lads a shout. . .

marty34

Quote from: Angelo on November 06, 2020, 09:37:56 PM
Mickey Moran.

And??

People on here talking about Canavan, Logan etc.

Moran ranked well above these lads currently in my opinion.

Angelo

Quote from: marty34 on November 07, 2020, 07:51:50 AM
Mickey Moran.

And??

He's been out of the intercounty game for sometime and his last role in it was not impressive.

Maybe its ageism but Moran, no more than Harte is yesterday's man. If we are to replace Harte I don't think Mickey Moran will replace something we don't already have.

marty34

Quote from: Angelo on November 07, 2020, 10:52:11 AM
Mickey Moran.

And??

He's been out of the intercounty game for sometime and his last role in it was not impressive.

Maybe its ageism but Moran, no more than Harte is yesterday's man. If we are to replace Harte I don't think Mickey Moran will replace something we don't already have.

Are you for real?

Moran has done unreal work with Slaughtneil in Derry and Kilcoo in Down.

Ask any of them club players what they think of his methods and tactics and I'm sure there'll be no one disagreeing.

Disclipline is a huge issue in Tyrone. Moran would nip that in the bud straightaway.  Plus he's not a media man.  Keeps himself in the background and not in The Irish News every third day.

This craic of you have to be a young manager with 'new ideas'...bla, bla, bla. Waffle. All these new managers just park the bus because it's all so easy to be a defensive coach.

Moonshine

Unfortunately we don't have too many candidates within tyrone to take the job. Someone mentioned Mattie Mc gleenan and dinky Mc bride I nearly fell of my seat laughing. First man is more negative than what we have and his record is abysmal the second man destroyed a very good club minor team. If we are suggesting people like this to takeover it will be a very long time before we win anything. Change is needed but change that will bring best out in players. I'd personally like to see a combination of the u21 management setup from a few years back with Collie Holmes.

Angelo

Quote from: marty34 on November 07, 2020, 11:07:35 AM
Mickey Moran.

And??

Are you for real?

Ask any of them club players what they think of his methods and tactics and I'm sure there'll be no one disagreeing.

Disclipline is a huge issue in Tyrone. Moran would nip that in the bud straightaway.  Plus he's not a media man.  Keeps himself in the background and not in The Irish News every third day.

This craic of you have to be a young manager with 'new ideas'...bla, bla, bla. Waffle. All these new managers just park the bus because it's all so easy to be a defensive coach.

Yes I am for real.

Is there an older intercounty manager than Harte right now. Moran did a good job with Slaughtneil, he's done a good job with Kilcoo but his last job on the county scene was 2008 with Leitrim. His record at county level is decent but nothing more.

Moran's Kilcoo and Slaughtneil teams are and were extremely defensive so I don't know why you're moaning about new coaches being defensive when that has been the basis for Moran.

Mickey Moran is a good manager with a good pedigree but he's basically a Harte lite version so I don't see why we would run Harte to hire Moran, it makes no sense.

marty34

Quote from: Angelo on November 07, 2020, 11:20:51 AM
Mickey Moran.

And??

Are you for real?

Yes I am for real.

Is there an older intercounty manager than Harte right now. Moran did a good job with Slaughtneil, he's done a good job with Kilcoo but his last job on the county scene was 2008 with Leitrim. His record at county level is decent but nothing more.

Moran's Kilcoo and Slaughtneil teams are and were extremely defensive so I don't know why you're moaning about new coaches being defensive when that has been the basis for Moran.

Mickey Moran is a good manager with a good pedigree but he's basically a Harte lite version so I don't see why we would run Harte to hire Moran, it makes no sense.

Define defensive..ha ha.

Both teams have scored more than the opposition on countless occasions...lol...so much so that they've won county titles and reached All Ireland Finals.

Negative....lol.

Angelo

Quote from: marty34 on November 07, 2020, 11:24:24 AM
Mickey Moran.

And??

Are you for real?

Yes I am for real.

Define defensive..ha ha.

Both teams have scored more than the opposition on countless occasions...lol...so much so that they've won county titles and reached All Ireland Finals.

Negative....lol.

You win games by scoring more than the opposition, that doesn't mean defensive teams can win games.

Tyrone and Donegal have been panned for defensive styles, it hasn't stopped either county being in the top 5 counties in the country over the past 6/7 years.

So yeah Mickey Moran's side are defensive, doesn't make any odds to me but when you're trying to pan other managers for being defensive and then holding up Moran you are contradicting yourself.

marty34

Quote from: Angelo on November 07, 2020, 11:47:23 AM
Mickey Moran.

And??

Are you for real?

Yes I am for real.

Define defensive..ha ha.

Negative....lol.

You win games by scoring more than the opposition, that doesn't mean defensive teams can win games.

Tyrone and Donegal have been panned for defensive styles, it hasn't stopped either county being in the top 5 counties in the country over the past 6/7 years.

So yeah Mickey Moran's side are defensive, doesn't make any odds to me but when you're trying to pan other managers for being defensive and then holding up Moran you are contradicting yourself.

No, I think you're contradicting yourself.

I'm giving you a good option for Tyrone.

You, in return, have offered nothing.

Angelo

Quote from: marty34 on November 07, 2020, 01:12:14 PM
Quote from: Angelo on November 07, 2020, 11:47:23 AM
Mickey Moran.

And??

Are you for real?

Yes I am for real.

Define defensive..ha ha.

Negative....lol.

No, I think you're contradicting yourself.

I'm giving you a good option for Tyrone.

You, in return, have offered nothing.

I've already given you my option.

I don't think Moran is an improvement on Harte, therefore I'd stick with Harte rather getting rid of him to replace him with an inferior version.

Snapchap

I see on the Ulster Herald facebook post about Biden winning the US Presidency, the comments underneath include one by some Augher fella, complaining about "Tyrone's tyrant" Mickey Harte. Who could possibly be that obsessed about Mickey Harte that they spend their time online complaining about him, even under news articles about the US presidential elections?

Hmm.... ???