Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkillfulBill

I am a big critic of Mickey Harte but I will say that was f**king awesome performance.

southtyronegael

Quote from: SkillfulBill on July 14, 2018, 06:33:18 PM
I am a big critic of Mickey Harte but I will say that was f**king awesome performance.
yeah, well done to the tyrone PLAYERS.

RedHand88

Quote from: southtyronegael on July 14, 2018, 06:39:56 PM

So when we're good it's the players but when we're bad it's because of Harte??

southtyronegael

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 14, 2018, 07:15:08 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on July 14, 2018, 06:39:56 PM

So when we're good it's the players but when we're bad it's because of Harte??
[/qu
ive never, ever doubted the players.

Baile an tuaigh

I've nothing but the up most respect for Mickey Harte and the Tyrone panel. I think they will ambush Dublin in Omagh.

The Trap

Please beat Dublin next week to shut that brolly fecker up

RedHand88

Quote from: The Trap on July 14, 2018, 08:41:06 PM

What did he say?

Jayop

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 14, 2018, 09:57:39 PM
Quote from: The Trap on July 14, 2018, 08:41:06 PM

What did he say?

I couldn't make it out. Was too muffled with his tongue up the Dubs arses.

redzone

The kick on cavangh was dirty action. He could of broke his leg. Very sneaky. Mccarrons injury looked nasty, it's doubtful he will be back the year.
I liked the way we pushed up on their kick outs. We have been creating the chances in all our other games and not taking them so it's no surprise to see us rack up a huge score. Need to take them next sat night as well

omagh_gael

That's the thing that causal observers of Tyrone miss totally. We regularly create a ton of scoring chances but our shot conversion can be brutal. It's no surprise to see days like yesterday when we absolutely annihilate the opposition when our shooting boots are on. key thing is how will we deal with the best team in the land next week?

Jayop

Hard to know. If we get a fair crack of the whip from the ref and we don't allow Dublin to run into an early lead we have a real chance. That's two big ifs though.

Thebigdog

The best thing Tyrone can do next Saturday is not too worry about conceding against Dublin. Donegal yesterday fell into the old trap of defending in the last ten minutes as Dublin kept Ball. Press their kick out an press them in possession. Let Dublin worry about us, they LL hate it. I've always believed Tyrone have the best footballers in the country. Yesterday is a great step in the right direction. Kick passing excellent with Richard Donnelly prominent, if we could get Lee Brennan back in now that would be the icing.

BennyHarp

Ritchie Donnelly is fast becoming one of the real bonuses from this years back door journey. He is getting better in that role in every game. Credit to the management for sticking with him. He must have won every ball played into him yesterday and he is now beginning to add some scores to his play.

I don't mind setting up defensively against Dublin but I agree we must commit men forward when we attack like we did yesterday. They can be got at when teams run at them and also push up on their kick outs. A few long balls in on top of Cluxton wouldn't go  a miss either, he is all over the shop under the high ball, racing out to punch everything. We may never get this opportunity again to get  the All Ireland champions in our own back yard and gain some form of revenge for last years annihilation. I cannot wait.
That was never a square ball!!

Scoring Zone

if you where to shape the perfect run through he qualifiers after the monaghan game then tyrone are very close to it, consistently getting better and giving the teams ye need to be hammering a hammering. similar to last year before the dubs as well.

but i think after yesterday performance against donegal it is as good a time to rattle them.

away from home, not really tested since the league final, and cluxton showing he is a normal enough keeper when ye put him under pressure, which effects the whole team.

and the matter of the lads own pride, they folded last year and are better than that result so hopefully they bring a serious physicality and work rate and go out swinging and see where it gets them

bigtogs

Very happy with yesterdays performance, From the Monaghan game i think we have tried to be a wee bit more attacking imo, Tyrone yesterday were ruthless and in the peak condition for Croke Park,match that with Roscommon's complete lack of fitness and physique led to an absolute tanking for them..... in Dublin i think they are a team who look vulnerable to complacency and are primed for a defeat in Omagh next Saturday if we get things correct and get the feet back on the ground(and have learned from last year)..... i cant wait to next Saturday to see what we are made off after last years game.... the championship for us now boils down to the next 2 games, what has happened from Monaghan Game to now will be irrelevant....