Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakleafgael

Uncle Kev

Quote from: Degrassi Hi on January 09, 2016, 10:55:26 PM
6-6

Championship to be run off after Tyrone exit or win All Ireland. One reason being that Tyrone clubs aren't in the preliminary round of Ulster this year and secondly for players/coaches to peak for a first round in May then again in September for a second round is bound to be hard to manage.
Raising funds would appear to be the motivation behind this early start and I'd say I wouldn't have been the only one to raise an eyebrow at the way last year's first round "draw" was arrived at.
De grassi Hi you are spot on ! I heard rumblings that the draw was fixed! I thought everyone concerned with theTCB was holy! Boycott the championship till the insects on the hill are swatted with steel bars! I am going to Spain for the summer so do the fuk what you want ! ✌☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🏌🏌🏌🏌🏌🏌🏌🏌🏌🎧🎧🎧🎧🎧🎧🎧🎧🎧✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️📞📞📞📞📞📞📞📞📞📷📷📷📷📷📷📷📷📷

clarshack

Championship exits in may have killed us in the last 2 seasons. We've been unlucky too in that we have been drawn against relegated senior teams in derrylaughan and Cookstown. Means we are nailed on to meet donaghmore this year...

Norf Tyrone

Not a big fan of the CB and felt we got really screwed over last year.

However the AGM was 4 weeks ago, and for all the "fraudsters" up there, there wasn't much competition for the top places, nor a vote of no confidence in the chair as was rumored.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

GlenMan

It's alright for certain people to post on here saying that the CB is ruining Tyrone football but could you do any better? In all honesty it's a huge task for any person especially when it's voluntary! Just look at other counties e.g. Donegal etc. where last years competitions are still being played- Tyrone really isn't a bad position.

In my opinion- there really should be a third competition. A League, a Championship and then say a Cup. It could be run in the first half of the year along with the league and then the Championship can take place later in the year.

Knock Yer Mucker In

I also understand the problem that the CB faces re fixtures, as a result of Choke Park, but not one of you have explained why every county in Ulster except us can start there knock out championship in late August, they can still get it played without crushing fixtures together, bar getting to an All Ireland final, which could explain why you would have to jam championship fixtures together, and I for one would not be complaining if that occurred, because that would acceptable and understandable. The All Ireland semi final is in early August, excluding the very rear occasion of getting to the final, you have literally ten/ nine weeks to play four games before Ulster club, now square that for me.

redzone

Well thankfully the county board and Tyrone team arent has negetive as you and do aim to get to and win an allireland every year. When this happens it throws the champ fixtures into chaos with county boards sometimes even having to nominate representatives because the games can't be completed before provincial champs. I wouldn't be using our ulsters neighbours as models as how to do things in fact if anything it should be how not to do it.

On a side note somebody suggested  the first round was all about money. Surely if this is the case then the c.b should be congratulated for being pro active rather than bury their heads and run up huge debts like other county's.

I put up a thread one time on what each county spend and how there finances were run and Tyrone were up at the very top for efficiency and indeed were labeled "the blue chip county" on how it should be done. We have the best facilities in Ulster, the best run devolpment setup on Ulster if not Ireland, current all ire u21 champs. Senior semi finalists. 2 allireland minor finals recently.the most competive club championship in Ulster with 7/8 teams capable of winning their respective champs in Div 1,2,3. county board must be doing something right.

Norf put up 40 players approx that headed away.looking at the names id say 20 or so are first team players. Doris was headin away anyway and derrylaughan were still in the champ when there 2 headed of as was green castles 3 players. I'd say a few were headin anyway will or lose as the next game in the champ wasn't to be played till start of sept

Under Lights

Club season said to throw in on 10.04.2016. 13 Weeks away.

driveherin

SO.....how are the new recruits getting on? Hugh Pat seems to have started well and picked up MOM last night....
What about the rest of them? Kieran McGeary? Harry Conlan? David Mulgrew (out of his depth?)
Richie Donnelly and Lee Brennan look to have carried on the club form also....

tv pundit

Quote from: driveherin on January 14, 2016, 08:56:47 AM
SO.....how are the new recruits getting on? Hugh Pat seems to have started well and picked up MOM last night....
What about the rest of them? Kieran McGeary? Harry Conlan? David Mulgrew (out of his depth?)
Richie Donnelly and Lee Brennan look to have carried on the club form also....
Mulgrew played well against derry

driveherin

I heard the only reason Mulgrew was there is because he is Horse's wee project!! Played about 4 games for Ardboe last year....not on u21 squad....am I missing something???

redhandefender

Quote from: driveherin on January 14, 2016, 12:35:07 PM
I heard the only reason Mulgrew was there is because he is Horse's wee project!! Played about 4 games for Ardboe last year....not on u21 squad....am I missing something???

He was quite good against derry, he is related to horse so obviously usually rumours start but he didn't look out of place last week. Also heard Canavan raving about him before def one for the future

WT4E

Quote from: driveherin on January 14, 2016, 12:35:07 PM

You remind of this reporter! You have obviously something against the lad?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5-M0skcco

bogball88

Keep it for the county thread lads  :) :)

Norf Tyrone

Did any of you Clonoe wans go to your fundraiser re the play Extra Time?

Wondering was it any good?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone